MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Looking to upgrade the Sachs OE shock on my bike. A few options as discussed in the past - Mupo, Wilbers, Ohlins, although as I've discovered, Nitron, Elka, YSS and Penske don't offer anything for the 1090 RR.

I was interested in getting a Wilbers 642 (three way adjustable, high and low speed compression, rebound), but they only list for MY 2013 onwards. I contacted them and they said it only fits 2013 on, but not with any specifics.

As I understand it, the 1090RR has been more or less the same since 2010, as discussed on the forum and other sources online. The MV Press Release doesn't see any mention of a difference to the rear shock at all.

Anyone with more in depth info or advice?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Swing-arms from 2010 on wards are all the same as far as I can remember, so I see no reason why they wouldn't cross install.
And if any of those companies make a shock for the F4>10, then this would work on the B4 as well.
Send Design Corse (Forum Sopnsor) and email and ask the question, I got my Nitron through them and it's a great shock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dons,
Thanks for the advice!

Yeah from what I read they all seem to be the same, across the F4 and Brutale from 2010 onwards. I actually emailed Nitron since they offered a shock for the 2010+ F4 but they said it wouldn't fit.

Problem solved though, as I'm going with a Bitubo XXF11 from a local retailer. Will post a short review when I get it installed.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I would think that nitron was answering the question of F4 and Brutale shock compatibility (reservoir position is different). I can't see anything different between years that would stop one using any 2010+ brutale from using the same shock.

I am interested in this thread, as my std shock is now tired. The spherical joint at the top is well worn and it appears there has been oil leaking as well.
A rebuild of it is probably not cost effective, even though it has done the job for my riding style and weight.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I would think that nitron was answering the question of F4 and Brutale shock compatibility (reservoir position is different). I can't see anything different between years that would stop one using any 2010+ brutale from using the same shock.
Yup, I agree, same swingarm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I am interested in this thread, as my std shock is now tired. The spherical joint at the top is well worn and it appears there has been oil leaking as well.
A rebuild of it is probably not cost effective, even though it has done the job for my riding style and weight.
Yup, I agree, same swingarm.
Yep, I did consider servicing the Sachs OE shock, but I also did read that it's a bit finicky when it comes to tuning as the window of usable settings is rather narrow, and the high/low comp clickers on mine are catching on each other, likely from dirt.

It'll be a month or two before I get the bitubo in, will post the impressions here when I can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts