MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

I just returned from 3 days at Bonneville Speedweek (I guess 3 days doesn't qualify as a speed "week"). If you've never been there, I would highly recommend you go to watch all the fast machines in the craziest landscape on the planet. Besides getting to see a Ferrari F40 try to set a record in it's class (didn't do it as of today), I found our favorite Italian cycle trying to set some records as well. It looks like the MV qualified to make a record run in the 1650cc P-P class (not sure what they did to have it be in the 1650cc class). I didn't have a chance to talk to the folks running the bike as I spent 2 days baking in the sun at the 4 mile mark as well as the starting line.

It was actually pretty interesting because I had my Nikon D2X with a very large 400mm lens. We also had a Nikon D70 with a 200-400mm lens. With these 2 cameras and the rest of our gear, we looked all "official" so my cousin and I were basically the only photographers at the start line allowed past the cordoned off area. Here's a few pics. Enjoy!

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Interesting! Another R, I wonder if this was imported then modified?

Anyone close to FBF wish to chime in on this machine?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I drove my truck on the racecourse the week after Speedweek in 2004. You have to drive out a bit to find the marked course, but I was able to find it from seeing pics and knowing which mountain range to point it at. The Duramax diesel does 94 on the GPS. :yo:

I CANNOT imagine riding a bike on that stuff. The truck had this really weird "floaty" sensation...it feels like you're never hooked up. Very odd feeling. And of course, absolutely no bumps. My GF actually got a bit motion sick as I steered onto the course.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
luvtolean said:
I drove my truck on the racecourse the week after Speedweek in 2004. You have to drive out a bit to find the marked course, but I was able to find it from seeing pics and knowing which mountain range to point it at. The Duramax diesel does 94 on the GPS. :yo:

I CANNOT imagine riding a bike on that stuff. The truck had this really weird "floaty" sensation...it feels like you're never hooked up. Very odd feeling. And of course, absolutely no bumps. My GF actually got a bit motion sick as I steered onto the course.
I rode both my quad and F-350 on the salt. Riding on the stuff feels like a mix between hard packed dirt, sand, and snow/ice/slush. The hardest part to ride in is the wet salt. Of course, I didn't have the right tires for it, so it might feel somewhat different with the correct buns.

I'll post some more pics once I get the chance to go through them all. The pic of the truck below is a modified diesel semi that my brother helps crew...it holds the land speed record for its class at 224mph. They qualified for a record run yesterday with a speed of 230mph...they'll run this morning to try to set the new record.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
sgcullen said:
I rode both my quad and F-350 on the salt. Riding on the stuff feels like a mix between hard packed dirt, sand, and snow/ice/slush.
Great description, that is exactly what it's like.

Love the pics, especially the one of the salt. Can't wait for the next update...I so need to get out there for the event. :yo:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts