MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete failure, appears to be metal fatigue, new tail tidy and indicators now required and probably a new tyre.
Damage to the tail fairing which is disappointing.

At first I thought it was a tyre failure, fortunately two colleagues were following and they were able to go back and collect the remains.
Quiet ride home though, looking out for the police!!!

Will take up the problem with MV

·
Registered
561 Posts
Holy Shit Bruce! you are lucky it didn't get trapped in the rear wheel and spit you off, gutted for you :-(

Darren at D3 and another member had posted on here that the rear tail sections have been falling off a few weeks back.

I had wondered if it was the 4 captive nuts the tail section retaining bolts screw into in the subframe falling out rather than the metal falling apart.

I have ditched the 4 captive nuts in the subframe and replaced mine with nyloc nuts and washers.

I found they started to turn in the square holes when you tried to get some decent tension on the bolts, 1 of them even popped out the hole and had bent out of shape!

I know it is shit what has happend but it looks like a good time to replace the stock indicators with something esle.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy Shit Bruce! you are lucky it didn't get trapped in the rear wheel and spit you off, gutted for you :-(

Darren at D3 and another member had posted on here that the rear tail sections have been falling off a few weeks back.

I had wondered if it was the 4 captive nuts the tail section retaining bolts screw into in the subframe falling out rather than the metal falling apart.

I have ditched the 4 captive nuts in the subframe and replaced mine with nyloc nuts and washers.

I found they started to turn in the square holes when you tried to get some decent tension on the bolts, 1 of them even popped out the hole and had bent out of shape!

I know it is shit what has happend but it looks like a good time to replace the stock indicators with something esle.
No, all bolts and hinge bolts perfectly secure, quick call on Mondat to R&G for their foc tail tidy and micro lights. It will be interesting the reply back fro EvolutionOnBike. New tyre required.

·
Registered
408 Posts
mine failed as well , looks like metal fatigue, it had broken in half between the two pairs of fixing holes, got a replacement from d 3 , first class service arrived in 24 hours , no real bother to fit .

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is a genuine MV part, no failure on the bolt holes. Complete assembly destroyed including the indicators? All fixing bolts still secure, no probl.ems there

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Look, I'm genuinely sad for the damage to your bike, and I mean that without a hint of sarcasm.
But truth is is that you've made the same "typo" in the title of your other thread relating to this issue.:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47948

Maybe I'm a bit thick but at least I can spell the name of the manufacturer I'm passionate about.
Good luck with your effort to recover the cost of this unfortunate incident.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look, I'm genuinely sad for the damage to your bike, and I mean that without a hint of sarcasm.
But truth is is that you've made the same "typo" in the title of your other thread relating to this issue.:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47948

Maybe I'm a bit thick but at least I can spell the name of the manufacturer I'm passionate about.
Good luck with your effort to recover the cost of this unfortunate incident.
I realised the mistake after the second postings but as you can appreciate I was not in the best frame of mind.
Will keep an eye out for your future postings, I hope there are no typo mistakes

I hope my colleagues at the Daily Mail do not see these postings or I will never live it down!!!!!!!

I am very passionate about Manchester United, but occasionally spell that wrong, by typing Manchester City

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I can't understand why you have 2 post's about the same problem Bruce, I appreciate the gravity of your problem, but wouldn't it be better to have all the feedback in one place.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't understand why you have 2 post's about the same problem Bruce, I appreciate the gravity of your problem, but wouldn't it be better to have all the feedback in one place.
It was a mistake on my part, along with the spelling mistake of Agusta as “The_Castle” has commented on a couple of occasions

1 - 14 of 14 Posts