MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to call MV assistance over the weekend (UK) and the experience was dreadful. First the girl said that she would have to call me back as they were busy, she did after 20 minutes by which time my wife was speaking to a local recovery firm. Every other word was um or err and she
didn't seem to have a clue about anything; she even said that it was "out of hours.!" A breakdown service that operates office hours on weekdays only is not much use! I gave up in the end and used the local people.

Has anyone else any experience of them?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Never had to use them, is it something that comes with new bikes for 12 months ?

Used AA a couple of times on my other bike in last 5 years and they were great.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Didn't even realise that they existed. Nothing was said when buying the bike last year. I might have even asked as I was considering a Ducati that came with 2 years of cover from new. Have Europe wide recovery on my insurance through Carole Nash anyway. Tested that in 2009, Wales to home so not far, and it was pretty effective then.

·
Registered
431 Posts
From what I was told it was pretty useless cover anyway, maximum they would recover you was about 40 miles which wouldn't get most people to there "local" MV dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine came with the 'MV Road assistance' - distance is 30 miles to 'local' MV dealer or another local garage. The list of exclusions is the longest section of the document.

Two being;
d) immobilizations caused by manufacturing defects rebuked to the
manufacturer;
e) immobilizations due to normal routine maintenance

Don't think I'll be troubling them in the case of a breakdown

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
They'll be by in September mate ! You have to be reasonable and accept that Italy shuts in August...

Carole Nash Pan European..

Joe

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have top quality assistance via my Nat West Black account but did not have the number in my 'phone for some reason. Certainly won't bother with MV again.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does the NW Black account cover bikes in addition to cars on their recovery option?
Good news if it does as I've used it for the car and they were excellent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts