MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a member over at the Aprilia forum, and there was a link going over to this forum that I clicked on..... I've been reading just about ever post on this board for a couple days now, and I've read a weeks worth of posts.

I was so surprised on how great everyone interacts with each other, and wanted to join in... I dont have an MV... but I do have a couple of other pretty cool bikes.....

I'm sure there's already a "pictures" thread... but maybe here's a chance for some of us to maybe post a picture or two of our other bikes.....

I'll start!

Here's the Aprilia of course..... I love the bike, I got it not too long ago, and I'm still getting used to it... i still haven't "clicked" with it.... I dont feel as home on it as I do with the Monster, but that should change as soon as I get over my fear of dropping it.

Here's the Ducati... not a great picture of it... but what can you do...

And just for good measure... here is the beast that takes me to school and back.... Yes its a Honda Nighthawk... and yes.. believe it or not, I did paint it myself..... with spray paint... unbelieveable... I know...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
some nice rides you've got there. but to be honest, unless you have an mv you're really missing out. the mv's look amazing, are unreal in the performance department, and are supremely engineered.

there is an easy way to fix your "problem"...

welcome.

·
Registered
338 Posts
altoon said:
some nice rides you've got there. but to be honest, unless you have an mv you're really missing out. the mv's look amazing, are unreal in the performance department, and are supremely engineered.

there is an easy way to fix your "problem"...

welcome.
Different strokes. And you gotta admit, Aprilia offers alota bike for the money and it certainly ain't hard to look at.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Welcome...One of the things I find so comfortable about this place is a shared appreciation for many different types of vehicles, not even JUST motorcycles (check out the "Cars" thread, classic). Many here have more than one bike, some have more than one MV (Lucky bastages!), so jump on in and add value where you can, and share your experiences. We are all enthusiasts, and we can each learn from the others.

Now go buy an MV or we will cancel your subscription! Okay, that was a joke...

Nice bikes, enjoy the Forum, and welcome aboard.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looked at aprilia but went for the MV only because my wife let me go that extra mile with the money. I do realy like the aprilia one day maybe if i'm really nice to her i could manage it.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
APRILIA......we dont want no stinking scooters on this forum.....
real men ride MV's

Just kindin...

welcome......and for the record I proudly ride my scooter, 85 Honda Spree "R" 50 with cored shorty stamped steel exhaust, to the head and showers at the track.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good to have you here, great looking bikes!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice pics, welcome. The Aprillia RSV has a stonking engine. I think they suit the taller rider better, I always felt I was perched on top of it when I rode one. I'm not sure err... I'd let you anywhere near my MV with a spray can though :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Drew said:
Different strokes. And you gotta admit, Aprilia offers alota bike for the money and it certainly ain't hard to look at.
this is very true.

i believe that a shop near me (spectrum motors) is selling Factory R's out the door for $17k.

i test rode it and thought it was a great bike, especially for the money. as someone mentioned - VERY TALL. that has to be the highest seat on any sportbike.

all that said, i still got an MV.

alex

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Nice Aprilia! I like that one and welcome here.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Aprila,

nice bikes, ALL 3.

But truth is, you need to give us your name,i.e. fill in your profile a bit, BEFORE you're welcome here :friday: .

No need to own an MV, but DO give us valued input about YOUR cycling experiences.

:rant: , Peter

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll agree that the Aprilia is tall... i'm 5'11" and I cant 100% flat foot it... my heels just skim the ground. If I smash my "system" into the tank, I can put both feet fully down...

I'm really happy with it... and the engine is an absolute animal, the dyno numbers arent very impressive, but its real world power seems to contradict its "modest" power numbers....... It doesnt have the upper end hit like an inline 4 does... but the torque at lower rpms is awesome...

It might be funny for an Aprilia guy to come into an MV Agusta forum... but I was just really surprised by how well everyone in this forum worked together, so I had to get in on the action.... I would have bought an F4, but i'm only 25 so I couldnt really swing the extra 6-7k for it... the RSVR was 15k OTD and with less than 1000 Factories in the country, its still got a bit of Italian exotica....

I'd also like to offer my painting services... if anyone wants their MV painted flat olive drab green... with some skull and crossbones... I'm your guy.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh! sorry guys...

My name is Lars... I'm half Danish, half Argentine....i'm 25, and I live in St. Petersburg, FL

My first motorcycle was the Monster, and I bought it in 03... so if my math is correct, i've been riding for 3 years... I had no motorcycle experience prior. This might sound stupid, but i've ridden BMX and did some flatland bmx (basically doing balance tricks on bmx bikes while the bike is barely moving) and they really helped in low speed maneuvering of a motorcycle. I also ride road bicycles everyday... I haven't done any track days yet, but fully plan on doing it as soon as possible. I feel like i've hit a "Plateau" in my riding skills due to only riding cautiously on the street. I'd like to continuously get better...but I do live in FL, and for everyone who lives in FL knows, there are absolutely no curves anywhere... its flat, and straight. Oh... and crowded.

I have 3 other good friends who ride, and we ride just with each other... as we know exactly what the others are going to do before they do it. It's also nice because we dont like riding with idiots...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
spalding12 said:
you live 10 miles from me
wow....

let's go riding soon

Have you been up to brooksville? I keep hearing thats THE place to go in central FL if you want a few curves...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts