MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
MV Agusta USA Set to Be Sold - Asphalt & Rubber

This week brings you more MV Agusta news, as Asphalt & Rubber has learned that MV Agusta USA is set to be sold in the coming days.
The rumored buyer is Joseph Elasmar, the Australian distributor for the Italian brand, who also imports a plethora of other small-volume brands, for the Australian market.
The move is part of an ongoing process to reorganize MV Agusta USA, in order for the Italian marque to re-enter more effectively into the American two-wheeled market.
An announcement of the deal鈥檚 signing is expected in the coming days.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
It's too early to know if this is a good thing or not. I believe it will be, time will tell.
Agreed. Would be interesting to know what our friends from Oz think of this importer.

Registered
Further to the Asphalt and Rubber article Canada Moto Guide adds the the following.
鈥淎s for the Canadian distributor, it鈥檚 hard to say exactly what鈥檚 going on; we鈥檝e been told buyers will be able to purchase MV Agusta鈥檚 2017 models in Canada this year, but it鈥檚 unclear who will control the distribution, as Motovan is no longer running it. One rumour has the Canadian business coming under the US umbrella, but we were unable to talk to anybody who would confirm or deny that gossip. Regardless, we鈥檝e been told 2017 models have been ordered, so if you want an MV Agusta this year, you should be able to get one.鈥

http://canadamotoguide.com/2017/01/09/rumour-mv-agustas-us-canadian-distributors-to-change-hands/

Agreed. Would be interesting to know what our friends from Oz think of this importer.
K, Urban Moto Imports are an extremely professional company and passionate about the MV brand; they have done an extraordinary job here in Australia with absolute and meaningful support to their dealer principals and growing customer base. This philosophy and commitment to the MV brand in Oz should result in significant and positive outcomes for all things MV USA and Canada.
:smile2::smile2::smile2: :jsm::jsm::jsm:

Registered
Joe and Alan are brothers who have a well established and professional business. These gentlemen are good friends of mine and they have taken MV to new heights in OZ. They are passionate about MV Agusta like all of us on here and that's what I think has driven them to success because they understand the consumer for this beautiful machine.

I am aware they will take over USA and Canada and im sure they will do an extremely professional and diligent job in pushing the brand into the market. You guys on the far side of the pond have nothing to worry about. Its all up from here.

Registered
Canada Moto Guide update:
鈥淛ust hours after rumours started circulating, MV Agusta has announced a deal with a new distributor for the North American market. Motovan is out in Canada (technically, they鈥檝e been out since 2016), and Urban Moto Group is in.鈥

Hopefully this means we鈥檒l be rewarded for sticking it out with better service, parts supply and increased dealer network.
I鈥檓 not holding out much hope that we鈥檒l be seeing MV at any of the bike shows up here north of the border this year as the deal has just been struck. However, it鈥檚 looking good for the upcoming riding season. Also, maybe our resale/trade-in values will come up. One can hope.

http://canadamotoguide.com/2017/01/10/mv-agusta-announces-new-canadian-distributor/

Registered
@wnehme, thanks Sam, sounds good with everybody all smiles. Now next time you speak to them, I need a job - USA or Canada is just fine :surprise::grin2:
no problem Dons anything for you mate

They asked me to open the Canada store cause my misses is from montreal and I would maybe one day be between both oz and Canada lol

Registered
This is great news. Our mates in the land of plenty have always mentioned the dedication and competence of their distributor. My experience with MV USA is limited but it has not been good...at all...issues of the manufacturer not withstanding. I welcome the change and look forward to a company that wants to be proactive with the brand and take care of their customers. :smile2: :smile2::smile2: 3 smiley's is my limit with the new format right? :wink2:

Registered
Joe and Alan are brothers who have a well established and professional business. These gentlemen are good friends of mine and they have taken MV to new heights in OZ. They are passionate about MV Agusta like all of us on here and that's what I think has driven them to success because they understand the consumer for this beautiful machine.

I am aware they will take over USA and Canada and im sure they will do an extremely professional and diligent job in pushing the brand into the market. You guys on the far side of the pond have nothing to worry about. Its all up from here.

Second this. I'm currently dealing with Alan from Urban regarding a warranty issue with my new F3 RC and so far i have nothing but compliments. Alan could have passed me on or just said go through my dealer but he has always returned my call and calls me with any updates. Despite what they are building he has always been professional and it's actually really nice to talk to someone as passionate about MV as i am!
They have expanded the dealer network here in Oz which MV needed and are extremely passionate about the brand. I can only see this as a good thing for the North American market and the brand worldwide.

This is great news. Our mates in the land of plenty have always mentioned the dedication and competence of their distributor. My experience with MV USA is limited but it has not been good...at all...issues of the manufacturer not withstanding. I welcome the change and look forward to a company that wants to be proactive with the brand and take care of their customers. :smile2: :smile2::smile2: 3 smiley's is my limit with the new format right? :wink2:
F, the only limit on on EEEK use :surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise:you can have as many :smile2: as you like :wtf::wtf::wtf::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Registered
I've heard good feedback on Urban Moto from NZ dealerships. They are light years ahead of the previous distributor - parts turn up in 2-3 weeks.

Registered
This is all good as long as the factory supports the new venture properly ie parts back up etc, lets hope they do
The Factory or shall I say Giovanni is very impressed with both joe and alans work at urban moto. This is why Giovanni has given them the opportunity to takeover the USa and Canada market. They get full support from the factory and not only that they have there own private funds which can help buy parts and keep them in stock

1 - 19 of 19 Posts