MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this photo of MV and other marques tyre pumps. Apparently they are all original pumps (not reproductions which are available).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Russ how did You find that?
And I guess there is a collector for everything on this planet.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know Phil, who took the photo, and asked him if all the pumps were original to which he replied 'yes'. It is a good reference to what pumps were available in the day. I have a replica silver emmevi pump

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Great photo Russ, the one I have looks identical to the 6th pump from the top

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

Does anybody know where I can find one of these pumps? or replica's?

I own a Checca and the pump is missing, and ofcourse i want to upgrade the Checca.

Thnx, Bert

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try emailing this guy. Trioschi Eermes [email protected] He had stand at Imola Monstra Scambio a few years ago. He had all kinds of very nice replica air pumps for Italian bikes. One knowledgeable MV & Ducati singles individual bought 8--10 pumps for around 60 euro each for people back in the states.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Brad, Emmevi,

Thanks!!
I will certainly get in contact with them.
It 's an upgrade for the Checca. I have to find and buy a rubber band for holding the battery. Then it will be perfect.

Brad, I think you know the Checca, I bought the MV in Belgium.
It is a Checca with rectangular tail light.

All the best, Bert

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Bert, if it has the rectangular tail light are you sure it is a 63 model? I have 2 1963 99cc Sports and a 1961 99cc GTE (incomplete). All mine have circular tail lights as per the parts manual. Have you checked your casting dates? Brad. Best of luck with the battery strap mate!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Brad,

Send you a PM.

Bert

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Update Pumps

Came across this photo of MV and other marques tyre pumps. Apparently they are all original pumps (not reproductions which are available).
Just revisiting this thread.

I reckon that first 6 pumps are original and the later 3 are reproductions.

Here are some shots of my pumps:

The top pump is an original, the middle two are excellent reproductions & the bottom one is a so-so reproduction out of Germany.

Difference between the repo & original hose:

[URL=http://s26.photobucket.com/user/rob77r/media/20150310_092226_zpscrlsnvct.jpg.html][/URL]

Handle of the Original reads : 'Silca - esportazione Milano Italiano."

Reproductions:

[URL=http://s26.photobucket.com/user/rob77r/media/20150310_092006_zps1hilqksq.jpg.html][/URL]

Chers
Rob

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Just revisiting this thread.

I reckon that first 6 pumps are original and the later 3 are reproductions.

The top pump is an original, the middle two are excellent reproductions & the bottom one is a so-so reproduction out of Germany.

Difference between the repo & original hose

Handle of the Original reads : 'Silca - esportazione Milano 0 italia."

Reproductions:

Chers
Rob
Hey Rob, sorry for asking such a fool question ( as I clearly am one ), but where does the actual name "emmevi" come form originally, is it specific to that model or someone's name ?

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hey Rob, sorry for asking such a fool question ( as I clearly am one ), but where does the actual name "emmevi" come form originally, is it specific to that model or someone's name ?
Not a silly question at all Donsy.

It is "MV" phonetically - particularly in Italian as the lettering would be M = "Emme" & V would be "Voo" they clearly wanted it pronounced M V(ee) much as we do in English but in Italian to get the VEE sound it is VI - So 'emmevi' was a reminder that the company was MV as we say it :)

Even now if you travel Italy - you get M Voo Agoosta more often then not - the confusing part is that they want M Voo to be M Vee bust still want Agusta to be Agoosta - if you have any Italian background the nonsense will make perfect sense....lol.

Just another thing that makes me love the marque so much - the idiosyncrasies are tailor made to my own personality! :ahhh: :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
No worries mate, so then that pretty much makes you bilingual :laughing:
Hahaha, Excluding "Bullshit" I then speak 4 languages, not one of them very well though. :jsm:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's surprising how many are unaware of where emmevi comes from, If I'm in a 'silly' mood I get the person to say emmevi with gusto, including hand gestures, as if they were a passionate Italian. Hopefully they will get it eventually.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
It's surprising how many are unaware of where emmevi comes from, If I'm in a 'silly' mood I get the person to say emmevi with gusto, including hand gestures, as if they were a passionate Italian. Hopefully they will get it eventually.
:laughing: Actually, I reckon that should become the official way of doing it now ;)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts