MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,
I'm new in this forum. ride a 04' f4 mamba 019/300. since 6 years, I organize international mv agusta tours in Europe (Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, South Germany). we include almost every year a factory visit in varese too. this year we ride the south of italy and visit the mv agusta corse factory in san marino. for this specific tour, may 3. - 13. are only 4 spots left. all infos at MV Tour May 3. - 13. 2007
Why don't we organize a special tour for the members of this forum and ride the best of the best arround the swiss alps, and the french cote d' azur arround monaco?

looking forward to your comments

cheers
peter

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
You don't know how fantastic the video was and how excited it made me. I only wish that it was not so difficult and expensive to ship my MV to Europe.
:highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

But you have now put a dream into my head of something that i have always wanted to do, and will do, one day soon.

Do you have any contacts in Australia regarding shipping my bike to Europe?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi mvf4sr,
would be great, to have somebody from australia with us. currently we have people from switzerland, germany, usa and new zealand on the may tour.
no need to ship your bike, we can organize almost any bike you wish to ride. for the may tour we get at least 6 brutales...

cheers
peter

·
Registered
848 Posts
Fantastic! I´ve been many times suggesting something like that! But, the problem has been: - how to organize...
I´ve wished, if there was somebody, who has possibility to make this dream come true!!! in away or an other :yo:

So, we´re in!!! :highclap:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I visited Switzerland and Northern Italy a couple of years ago and I have always wanted to go back and tour the area. My only concern is we ride/drive on the left hand side of the road in Australia, so riding on the right hand side would take a while to get used to in Europe. How do other people find riding in different countries? And of course my choice of bike would be a Brutale to hire for the tour :)

Melissa

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi melissa,
the people from new zealand and england usually getting very quickly adappted to the other side riding. never ever anybody mentioned a problem about that. a brutale is no problem to rent for you. dito f4 1000. price is +- 130 euro per day incl. fullcomprehensive ins. and mileage. access is 600 euro

cheers
peter

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MV TOUR IN ITALY 3.-13. MAY only 2 SPOTS LEFT

hi everyone,
2 brutales are ready for you to ride them for a whole week! we fly to naples / italy. the "babes" waiting there already for us. we are heading down to calabria and then all the way up to san marino to visit the MV Corse factory. - roads, designed by massimo tamburini - perfect for brutales. our luggage, the van transports for us. we enjoy the best italian kitchen, as well as famous vino rosso...
more infos at http://www.fast-travel.ch/index.php?file=560&lang=en&ses=dc78b01e7ac7

at the moment we have riders from switzerland, germany, usa and new zealand joining this tour.

be quick if you are interested

contact me at [email protected]

ciao
peter

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Merged thread with existing one-

Looks like an exciting opportunity, be sure to keep us posted on how it goes

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I'm seriously interested. yeee ha. have to sort out some stuff on the work and domestic front.

i think I'd lean toward a brute for any amount of touring. but if luggage is being sorted out, i could be convinced otherwise.....

giddyup!!!!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
fast-travel.ch said:
hi melissa,
the people from new zealand and england usually getting very quickly adappted to the other side riding. never ever anybody mentioned a problem about that. a brutale is no problem to rent for you. dito f4 1000. price is +- 130 euro per day incl. fullcomprehensive ins. and mileage. access is 600 euro

cheers
peter

you mean 600EUR excess? (insurance deductible for US people).

so 130/day for fully comp insurance + bike for what looks to be 10 days = 1300 EUR more. ?

shit, plus a flight this is starting to add up.....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Couple more questions:

- 5-7 hours per day @ 350km/day is not so fast. so there is really no time to see anything else??

- what about day 6? (which seems to be free)

- weather: Ride rain or shine? maybe less on some days due to weather? I'm wondering here more of thinking of gear....got lots of touring type stuff (gore-tex, textile, etc.) which i would then do.

- storage in Zurich: Can we store luggage there? intercontinental travel gear vs. european travel gear is different.

- 28 Feb deadline? i may need a bit more time to sort things out.....!!

thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi colin,
cool, that you consider of joining us. to your questions:
- you can have a brutale or an f4
- yes, 600 euro is the excess if the bike is a total loss. other repairs you you up to 600 euro
- 350km a day is enough thru twisties and switchbacks, belive me. we gonna do a long lunchbreak, as well as we take some time for stops. in between we RIDE
- day 6 is the relaxing day, were almost everybody wants to go for a ride....maniacs!
- most people ride in their leathers and carry raingear. goretex is fine too
- storage no problem
- deadline is a general deadline, middle of march is fine

cheerrs
peter

·
Registered
848 Posts
To Naples... :jsm: are you sure? :jsm: The traffic in Naples is HORRIBLE ! :jsm: :jsm:
We have ridden in Naples manymany times with Mike.
The wiews are breathtaking, but the traffic... :violin: :ahhh: ,
there is "jungle-laws" on the roads of Naples.... You better have goood insurances, and chains... and alarms... and... :blah: They say in Italy: "see Naples and die"... :rolleyes:

Is it possible to join you in the North of Italy? If we can arrange holidays, we could take Starfighter in the van, and drive to Italy. I think we stop in Imola, to see our goood friend Pier. :heart:
It would be nice to have some ride with you, when you arrive to North Italy/ San Marino !

p.s. unfortunatelly I have to leave the kitten at home... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
wife21 said:
To Naples... :jsm: are you sure? :jsm: The traffic in Naples is HORRIBLE ! :jsm: :jsm:
We have ridden in Naples manymany times with Mike.
The wiews are breathtaking, but the traffic... :violin: :ahhh: ,
there is "jungle-laws" on the roads of Naples.... You better have goood insurances, and chains... and alarms... and... :blah: They say in Italy: "see Naples and die"... :rolleyes:

Is it possible to join you in the North of Italy? If we can arrange holidays, we could take Starfighter in the van, and drive to Italy. I think we stop in Imola, to see our goood friend Pier. :heart:
It would be nice to have some ride with you, when you arrive to North Italy/ San Marino !

p.s. unfortunatelly I have to leave the kitten at home... ;)
This picture is so damn funny! TOO MUCH :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
oh, just noticed that there are just 2 spots left....

Are only Brutale's available?

Will see what flights might be like shortly..... looks like i don't have till march if spaces are limited, eh? !!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts