MV Agusta Forum banner

Mv Agusta The New Ducati In Usa

3K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  99sitr 
#1 ·
Hello all,Jake here. I live in the Philadelphia Pennsylvania suburbs and MV Agusta Popularity has increased 10 fold . Due to the economic down turn in the USA I have no idea if sales of MV Agusta have increased as much as there popularity growth , but its amazing. Even when im riding my ROEHR 1250SC, Ducati 1198 or even my triumph Sprint St 1050 people come up to me telling how the MV AGUSTA F41000R is there dream bike or favorite bike(which also surprises me as I would think the new F3 675/800R would steal the F4 1000R thunder). The Philadelphia area is a LOW motorcycle rider/owner area even for the USA . NEVER have I seen such popularity growth in a brand . ( And Ive been a motorcycle enthusiast for roughly 40 years )

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN/ NOTICED SUCH POPULARITY GROWTH IN THE MV AGUSTA BRAND IN OTHER PARTS OF THE USA?

#2 ·
We are pushing it as hard as we can in western KY and southern Indiana. Giving a great show at the tracks we go to rolling 3 deep on the MV lineup and promoting as hard as we can for our favored dealer. It's on us as riders to show and promote to help their business growth stateside. I know personally our presence and machines have sold at least 3 bikes one being a rider we track with.

Every bit helps because as the business grows so does the R&D and the aftermarket community.

#4 ·
Vapor the US economy has been hit VERY hard and the US motorcycle market never really took off like it has in Europe.
Like I said I have NO idea of US sales figures but as far as MV AGUSTA gaining popularity in South East Pennsylvaina USA , suddenly MV AGUSTA is The ....IN .... bike to own .
2 years ago you couldn't find anyone who knew what an MV AGUSTA was.

#5 ·
Maybe. Not sure. I can tell you the FBF in Philly isn't selling all that many. They still have an F3 that has been sitting there for 2 years. Also, many dealers are selling F3 675's for under $12k new which is killing resale value even worse than it normally would. I like you're optimism though!

#6 ·
Jake, in Georgia, most people spell it MV Augusta, after a certain city that hosts a yearly golf tournament.

#7 ·
We have no MV dealer in Tennessee. MV's in my area (that I'm aware of):
- My Rivale
- My former F4 owned now by a friend of mine
- A F4 and a Brutale owned by another friend, who actually is a forum member but doesn't hang out here much
- A Brutale that has some seriously ugly modifications

So that's five in my area that I know about.

#9 ·
Vapor I know sales are not booming . I am just amazed how many riders and non riders know and admire the MV AGUSTA in comparison to only 2 years ago. 2 years ago if you told most people that MV AGUSTA was an Exotic car manufacturer most motorcycle riders would never even question the statement.
FYI = In Philadelphia area the population is roughly 5 million people. Yet there are only about 7-8 motorcycle dealers and they never sold many bikes as a whole . Very Low motorcycle rider per capita in my area .

#11 ·
I've had quite a few people come up to me about the bike stating it's their dream bike. Even had a couple guys drive by, turn around, and stop by just to look at it and talk to me about it. I have the only one in town, minus the guy who is selling his 07 1000R and never rides it. Ever.

Beats people asking me, "what kind of Yamakawiondazuki is that?"

#13 · (Edited)
Randy that was Funny. J-Spec Even last year NO one knew what an MV was , this season everyone seems to know the brand in my area????
Then again In my area the average guy thinks motorcycles are worn out at 10,000 miles . Great place to buy a bike with over 10,000 miles though .

ALSO in my area (Philadelphia area) the BMW S1000RR was the... Dream.. bike. They pulled out of WSBK and now its like the bike was discontinued ?
I wonder if the Suburbs around major cities suffer from the same lack of motorcycle enthusiasts . Philadelphia area suburbs roughly 80% of bikes are Harleys .

#14 ·
I know of very few in western KY. Actually 3...and they are all in my garage :p

But seriously everyone in my area is apparently not motorcycle savy. They make comments about how X bike is better in every regard yet can't even keep within a 2 minute pace on a 10 minute road if the MV. Those that I have let ride them, all but one, say it is the most amazing bike they have ever rode and a few say it feels stronger and pulls harder than their liter bike (when on my 800) and it is stock performance wise.

I feel fortunate to be in the position I am in and it seeks there is a lot of MV jealousy by many people.

They are just MVious

#21 ·
western KY
Hey sitr, you coming to Bub5? If not, I'll look for you at NCM this fall. I hope this track is as good as we're all thinking it will be. :smoking:

#15 ·
When went to register my bike the women told me I was the first person to ever register an MV in Maryland. We do have a dealer in Maryland now for a couple of months but he hasn't sold any yet. Hopefully with MV's new commitment to the USA market they will gain enough sales to be able to keep investing in the product.

#19 ·
I had the same thing happen for my F3 in Indiana. I know MV is a make in the BMV system but they had no record of a F3 as one of the models. She had to call and get it added to the MV list. She said I was the first with a F3.

#16 ·
I remember when I bought my F4, the Secretary of State required that I get a signature from either a cop or a dealership confirming the bike actually exists, before I could get license and title. After 4 1/2 years of ownership, its still the only MV I've seen around here.

#17 ·
The fact that MV Agusta is winning races at the WSSport might have made the difference to those increasing numbers. As you say in the States "Think globally, act localy" can be applied to this situation - we all have to take our MVs outside, ride them as much as possible -the more people seem them, the more they´ll be known - simple as that, don´t you agree?

So grab your MV and show it off! I´d say that´s a mission we all have, as MV owners!
I´m taking mine to the restaurant everyday! When the weather is not too hot anyway

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Rim

#20 ·
Hey Jake, hope all is well. Any summer weekend at an outdoor cafe here in Manhattan eating next to my MV evokes the usual reactions. So in my 3 years of ownership and countless conversations, I've found all Europeans who approach the bike know it's an MV, whereas Americans still say, "nice Ducati", and most Aussies who come to chat actually know someone who has one. That leads me to believe there are tons more down under compared to the States.

#22 ·
We can't make Bub5. I told the others about it and our current schedule is just too packed as we had events planned already. I'm leaving for work for 8-9 weeks at the end of this month and hope to hit NOLA this November. After that I will spend a little money on the F3 to set it up a little further this winter for next season.

NCM looks amazing. The Grand Full course that bikes will be on is going to be a fast and technical track and at 3.15 miles with a 3600' straight with a soft turn right before means it will be one of the fastest straights we have around on the east. I personally cannot wait as the track will be so close for us.

#24 ·
NCM looks amazing. The Grand Full course that bikes will be on is going to be a fast and technical track and at 3.15 miles with a 3600' straight with a soft turn right before means it will be one of the fastest straights we have around on the east. I personally cannot wait as the track will be so close for us.
It does look amazing. They came to our Ducati club meeting a few months ago and did a presentation, and I've driven by it a couple of times. Three of us in our group are signed up for the October 25 track day weekend. Can't wait!

#23 · (Edited)
HI MV ARTHUR . I didnt know your from Maryland . Maryland was home to an AMERICAN SPORTBIKE MANUFACTURER CALLED FISCHER . The FISCHER MRX 650 was the best handling production motorcycle in the WORLD. ( check out chassis, work of art MotoGP tech. ONE piece billet aluminum spar unit... beautiful. SUSPENSION =Superb for stock unit, OHLINS ttx36 rear, Ohlins R&T front forks . BRAKING= Brmbo mono block caliper front & rear With Brembo Rotors.UNFORTUNATLY THE FISCHER MRX 650 was afflicted by the USA Sportbike engine curse as it was SLOW AS MUD. The HYOSUN 650 V-twin used to power this PHENOMINAL chassis with top tier suspension/ braking set up. COST NEW was only 7000$. Ive seen National AMA road racing champions test bike on track days . Both said was the best handling productionbike they had ever ridden. problem was the FISCHER MRX 650 had problems passing kids ridding Kawasaki EX 500 lol. Not funny actually what a waste of a superb sportbike

BTW DO YOU NOTICE THE PIN STRAIT LINE OF STEERING HEAD TWIN SPAR CHASSIS LINE , SWING ARM PIVOT

AND SWING ARM LINE? YOUR LOOKING AT GENUINE MOTO 2 CHASSIS TECH POWERED BY A TIRED GERBIL LOL

Attachments

#25 ·
Yea I saw a few organizations already had dates this year after the opening later this month. Unfortunately with work I'll be out of pocket until November. We donated for concrete so we should have a spot on the wall :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.