MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bike is the 2016 F3RC 800. It has serious starting issue and the bike has been showing a fault code "Coil 2". So last 2 weeks, I had the coil replaced at the dealer but the problem wasn't solved. 2 days ago, the dealer told me that MV Agusta has recalled on a few units. I don't know if it is only for the F3RC. But if you are experiencing the same problem, don't waste time and take it to the dealer! :f4:

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Recalls are listed on the NHTSA website ...BY LAW.

If you think your bike is subject to a recall, or wonder if it might be, go here:

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

·
Registered
265 Posts
That url should start with http:// not htts://

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Happens to me all the time. My 2013 F3 and 2016 F3 675 RC VINs were not recognized, though. I did test my 2013 Scion FR-S VIN and it was recognized. Useful site - thx.

·
Registered
23 Posts
is your battery in a good shape ? I thought mine was good but it wasn't and I kept on needing 3 or 4 tries before she would start - sometimes showing an error code ignition nr 2. After keeping it on a tender for few days she fires right up ... no joke 1st try ! =]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Worth clarifying what a recall is and what's a technical notice, or whatever MV Agusta call it. Pretty often that cars and bikes have an internal dealer notice sent out to sort or upgrade something when an issue has been found and this is down to dealers to reach out.

Full on, government involved "recalls" tend to be for safety critical stuff and yeah, legally in most countries, there is a way to find out recall details from your government body, not just the manufacturer.

This doesn't sound like a recall, just a technical notice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
And I'm not ragging on the OP either - dealers often mix up the terms, confusing the issue further!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Full on, government involved "recalls" tend to be for safety critical stuff and yeah, legally in most countries, there is a way to find out recall details from your government body, not just the manufacturer.
Here in the UK you can find out if your bike or car has a safety recall by visiting this government website. Other countries probably have similar mechanisms that allow you to check.

Agree that dealers do tend to use the term 'recall' generically for any factory change/update directive.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had the "Coil 2" error, as well as "RPM sensor" error when struggling to start. The starter issue appears to be down to the sprag clutch which is a known issue which will be covered under warranty but is not a recall.

I've only had the above errors when failing to start repeatedly, never had it on a normal start or when cruising along. I don't believe the coil is actually a problem at all, more the bike giving you errors when struggling to start which should hopefully be resolved by the new sprag. I will also personally be throwing in a new battery when I can as the battery is known to be weak and I assume the voltage drops is probably what is kicking off errors with completely fine components/sensors, though I am very willing to be corrected as my electrical engineering knowledge is rather poor at best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts