MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MV Agusta is famous for its racing heritage.
I think that the marque is synonymous to racing. Actually our beloved marque has a much greater heritage that Ducati. Ducati is going very well competing in WSBK and MotoGP champiosnhips.
I know that we are running through a heavy financial crisis these days but i think that MV Agusta should think more about its racing plans for the future. If i tried to connect an automobile marque with MV Agusta this would definately be Ferrari. And i think Ferrari is nothing without racing.
What do you think about this? Should MV Agusta risk and compete in a world championship?

·
Registered
909 Posts
As much as I would LOVE to see it, I think a return to top-level racing is just a dream at the moment. Remember, MV were prepared to supply machinery & back-up to Carl Fogarty for the 2008 WSB season, but he couldn't raise the budget.
Now, if the combination of MV's heritage & Foggy's WSB reputation can't find a sponsor, it looks a remote proposition. I think a better idea would be a focussed attack on European Superstock to raise the profile of both the brand and the new F4; the outgoing model showed a turn of speed earlier this season in the hands of Davide Guiliano, so hopefully the new one would be very competitive. And it's a cheap way of going racing! Here's hoping!

P.S. Nice shot of Ready at Cadwell!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
MV Agusta is famous for its racing heritage. Actually our beloved marque has a much greater heritage that Ducati.
I'm not sure 'heritage' is the right term in this instance. Whilst the now defunct Meccanica Verghera Agusta was/is rightly famed for its competition successes, MV as we know it today is not. It's a completely different company.

To place the modern day MV above Ducati in this regard is to do Ducati a real disservice. :jsm:

·
Registered
103 Posts
这是新加的空白文章1,可以在ubb可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。

100% agree...!!!!, simply and smart!!!!:ahhh::highclap::highclap:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Much of the 'drive' behind MV Agusta's racing programmes in the 50's, 60's and early 70's was Count Agusta's himself. I agree with Steve, firstly the MV of today is a different company and although Cagiva has a racing heritage too, I think the budget to field a work's team wouldn't justify the returns in respect of increased sales. On the other hand, if a Billionaire interested in seeing MV go racing again is reading this, perhaps he/she might just take a passing interest??:stickpoke:stickpoke Lol.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
BTW perhaps this thread should be in the racing section....Alvin?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts