MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More news of intrest enjoy :) :

MV Agusta planning 600cc Supersport model alongside F4 1000 Superbike, also Brutale-style Naked version both designed by Massimo Tamburini.

Should the acquisition of Husqvarna by another party take place, this would enable MV Agusta to concentrate completely on future expansion of its product range. Massimo Tamburini is confirmed to be working on the design of a 600cc four-cylinder Supersport version of the F4, which while it retains a recognizable family look is not a downsized clone of the bigger bike, as with the Ducati 749/999. According to factory insiders, it was considered important that the smaller-capacity and therefore less expensive MV should be distinguishable in appearance from the more prestigious 1000cc models – though it’s certain to be another highly distinctive design by the so-called ‘motorcycling Michelangelo’. A Naked version, similar to the F4 Brutale but wearing a different name, is also planned – but the fully-faired Supersport version will appear first, and is scheduled to make its debut at the 2009 EICMA Show in Milan.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Great! Now i can look towards MV for a 600cc track bike.

Looking forward to see what kind of design he comes up with

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Hmm. I hope MV's not financially overexerting itself. Lots of projects going on - but you can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't quite understand going to a 600 cc and not the more potent and fun 750 cc size like the SPR, or even a bump up to 800 cc. Maybe I'm not thinking of a 600 as a serious bike for the discriminating street and track enthusiast. I could be very wrong, and look forward to other opinions that will enlighten me to an appreciation for the 600 cc line of thinking. :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Snappo, I would say it is becaiuse MV's (Tamburini's) long term goal is to dominate racing again. And wether we like it or not the 600 class is hot all round the world. So MV need one too.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I've never ridden a 600 and if my wife has anything to do with it, I never will. But damn, an MV track weapon sounds like heaven.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Darkside said:
I'm going to start saving up right now!! In a couple of years I'm going to have to buy several bikes!!!

i hear you it's time 2 start saving up some money or i need get 2nd job for bike money :f4: :yo: :yo: :yo:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I want to hear it from the horses mouth before I say anything....

I think this is a good thing if they compete in the supersport classes....but they have alot of work cut out for them to compete with the all insane 600cc Jap class. But I don't think price will be much of an issue, seeing as how the new RE6 with tax tag and title come out to $15K OTD...

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
oicdn said:
I want to hear it from the horses mouth before I say anything....

I think this is a good thing if they compete in the supersport classes....but they have alot of work cut out for them to compete with the all insane 600cc Jap class. But I don't think price will be much of an issue, seeing as how the new RE6 with tax tag and title come out to $15K OTD...
I agree, MV will have to be competitive, or there won't be much point. They will either have to be very good (like the F4R is), or make a cheater bike ala the Triumph 675. No one wants a psudeo-racer 600.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
fazer6 said:
I agree, MV will have to be competitive, or there won't be much point. They will either have to be very good (like the F4R is), or make a cheater bike ala the Triumph 675. No one wants a psudeo-racer 600.
And it remains to be seen how many actually want a pricey 600 even if it can compete on the track. Or a 600 that isn't "completely redesigned" every two years. Or a 600 that isn't backed by a huge ad campaign. Etc., etc., etc...

Monstrous investment to find the answers to those questions. Should be (ahem) *interesting*.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
boussias said:
Oh God...I have to find a second job.....

GO MV GO....... :f4: :f4: :f4:
Ditto :jsm: or a third :guitarist

1 - 20 of 21 Posts