1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for another track day!

Van ready!

ah hell....

Shared the rental van with a friend, decided in the morning not to bother with loading the bikes, no chance of it being clear out at the speedway. But the van was paid for, cost of the day sunk, might as well go for the free lunch and potential freebies. Even bought a new front chock for the bike to go 2 in the van.

:cry:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Instead, just ran around and took a bunch of pictures of everything.

This was one of two bike that had rain tires. The other guys just went slow. Still, no way I'd want to be out there.

1078 w/new full exhaust

Brutale SC prototype bike (from a couple years ago...this guy rides it and sets the pace and shows the lines for newbies like me).

I think these two guys were pro riders....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very wet.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Riding House SPR

I never figured out what this was.

Had never seen this kickstand style before. Kinda neat, beats carrying a rear stand....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of the usual suspects out....

Brutale America

Brutale R 989

Brutale Italia. With what looks to be custom rear seat cover and wheels.

Brutale Hydrogen

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of carbon on this guy.

That one has four pipe termis.

500cc 3 cylinder rep.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
WTF! is with that mv with the 749/999 lookalike exhaust, that dude should be shot. Good pics though pitty about the rain:lightning

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

President of MV Japan getting it started....

It was extraordinarily loud! Recorded the startup with some crappy video from my camera. if I can figure out how to use youtube I'll post something up.

They took this one out on the track last time, but not today in the rain.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is not one of the usual suspects.

Dog seemed to be doing all right....

"umbrella"

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just when you thought that Wally was blinged up, it reappears with more bling!!

the owner is a nice guy.... I think people are starting to recognize "the foreigner" who keeps turning up at these events.... :)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They were hoping to take this souped up bike and hit 300kmh on the main straight. Today was not that day, it didn't go out due to rain. bummer.

How do you tell if it hits 300? Like this.

rear camera here:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also had a new seat....

check out the fancy stitching....

This is a very nice titanium fastener. Inside a hex wrench fits. Runs about 40$. For one. :)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Wouldn't be my style of thread without a food pic.... hehe.

Our hero has his first can of Red Bull. They are horrible, I couldn't finish it.

The girl doing junkenro [sp?] (paper rock scissors) for winning freebies was quite fetching....

I was speaking with some guys who were involved with the MV Club Deutschland during the freebie competition, so I wasn't paying too much attention and failed to win anything. Anyway, for those of you with MV Deutschland, I ran into Takahashi-san who I think I saw in the pics from the Karuizawa trip. There was another guy there sporting an Inghart shirt who's name I forget. Takahashi-san had the MV Deutschland Club publications from the last couple years and i could point out Martin who i iknew. I think I also recognized haupti in some pics.

Anyway, my friend won, but as he sports a ducati, he was happy to donate to me the MV shirt he won.... :)

That's it.... hoping for better luck in october when I try again..... and better weather....

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
Wow great write up as usual Collin! Great pics. If I remember correctly it was raining at the last event at Fuji. Maybe you could do it at Suzuka next year!!!:mouthwate I love the Wally but all that gold is a little over the top for me. Fantastic bikes though. Thanks man.
:f4:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Awesome write-up and report....especially for a rained-out track day. Thanks Colin.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Colin, do a track day in the rain. It is not as much fun as a dry one, but it's a pretty good time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts