MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried it. It looks great but i would like some more comfort than the existing one.
Any input is greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
I purchased one of these for my Rivale. I always thought the original seat looked cheap and as it's just covered in plastic I found that I was sliding about on it when braking and accelerating. The new seat has a better finish which prevents this sliding when wearing leathers. In terms of comfort I don't think you'll notice any difference. It's basically the same seat base and padding just with a different covering material.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased one of these for my Rivale. I always thought the original seat looked cheap and as it's just covered in plastic I found that I was sliding about on it when braking and accelerating. The new seat has a better finish which prevents this sliding when wearing leathers. In terms of comfort I don't think you'll notice any difference. It's basically the same seat base and padding just with a different covering material.
ah i see.. yeah it kinda looks like cheap .. but not really a problem.

Been wanting something a little more comfortable but its not terrible..
perhaps a stradale saddle... not sure how i feel about its looks on the rivale though

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I've had that seat for a year or so now. It's very slightly more comfortable than the stock seat, but comfort improvement is not enough to justify it. I bought it because it looks a lot better than the stock one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It looks great. Its oem and a little more comfortable. . While i dont feel that the 2015 seat is terribly uncomfortable. .. (not fz09 uncomfortable by any means lol) i think i will get the option seat.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Due to the tank, the 2015 seat is different to the 2014, so it may be more comfortable. Just make sure you get the seat for the 2015 with the larger tank if you have a 2015 model Rivale.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the heads up. I saw TheX's post about the seat being different but i dont see a different option from the mv agustas website unless i missed that

·
Registered
5,055 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ok, got the seat "cover" and had it installed by Austin Interiors so that I couldn't screw it up. They shaped new foam and got rid of the hump for the passenger. This isn't a great pic, but it works well enough.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts