MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.
I'm looking to buy a Salvaged out MV AGusta off Insurance for a project bike, but the bike comes without a Key, and wanted to find out is it hard to get a new key for the bike?

Or what do I have to do to get one?
Do the keys have chips in them?

It's a 2000 MV Agusta F4 1000. So it's an older model.

Let me know guys how I would go about getting a key for the bike.
Thanks

~Sergey~

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I think you will find it impossible to locate a key for that, as MV did not make an F4 1000 in 2000 (750?) :jsm:

However, is the owner's manual with the bike, if so, it may have the key code.

The bike does not have a chip, so keying it should not be too difficult for a top notch locksmith but could be a little costly as I found out when I had to a key made that way for an 80's Alfa Romeo GTV6.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ Hmm..yeah that's what I was thinking...

Well it says R1000 on the back Fairing, so maybe it's a NEWER year, but they don't know any better.

Here are the pics of the bike...i doubt that it comes with a manual..

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you guys can spot some weird damage or problems Please point them out.
I know that most of MV owners eyes are trained like eyes of an eagle to see imperfections :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's weird how Underbelly-Pan is Silver on LEFT side, but from the RIGHT side it's BLACK??!! :wtf:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Its a 750. The red fork tops, the yellow dash and wheel colour gives it away. The rear hugger looks tobe carbon. Its a 1+1 seat on a mono rear frame (odd). Key isn't a biggie, Mr CAG could probably supply you a new set of keys and locks for the bike.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you guys can spot some weird damage or problems Please point them out.
I know that most of MV owners eyes are trained like eyes of an eagle to see imperfections :D
Seems that your left and right tank panel are missing, but you should be able to order them separately.

Has it fallen over or damaged because of an accident or something similar?

:f4:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Looks like a twin rad model so it must be late 2000 or 2001+ as the earlier models were single rad (unless someone upgraded to twin rad somewhere along the line). I am pretty sure that one of the US suppliers was selling titanium key blanks for MV, but you would still need a locksmith to make the key, so a replacement key/lock set may be the easier way around it. That would have to be the most neglected looking F4 I've seen - I hope you save it! :jsm:

·
Administrator
20,778 Posts
Get a lock set from a certain member here with initials CAG....that bike has lots of mismatched body parts. Must have been crashed a few times, or just once and cobbled together with damaged pieces from assorted bikes to make sale-able. I would want a look underneath those body panels before I committed my money. Could be some serious frame or engine damage.

Also can get a key blank for various Jap bikes that will work (wouldn't waste my money on Titanium key for that bike...not yet), but have to get a key to copy first. Good lock smith should be able to "wiggle" you one...for a fee.

You making a track bike?

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
well if its gonna be a track bike i wouldn't worry about stuff to much but shes gotta be worth saving

key not a proble be sensible and buy a complete lock set so it all matches as above speak to the cag man

defo a 750 100 tail unit bi on a mono frame
could alaways hunt for a bi subframe someone would buy the mono unit if you went that route
if tracking then sell the bi tail and fit race track body work then just hunt for the bits as you go to put it back to normal road use later

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
also looks like the mirrors where removed before the crash as it don't look like any damage to the farings where they fit

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you so much guys for all the comments and suggestions.
I've already spoken to CAG and if I endup buying this bike I will probably will go that route to buy a set from him.

About the bike: yeah, I think it's been wrecked and then they put these fairings to make the bike look more presentable...but the bike is located in Cali, and I'm all the way in Indiana...so no way for me to go and see what's underneath the skins :bawling:

I would buy this bike probably for the track or maybe down the road just to use on the roads once a while.
Also I think the shift foot lever is bent or broken and also the rider pegs...I don't know if that's going to be a problem fixing/replacing?? :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Excellent advice so far. There are too many significantly concerning variables here to consider buying this bike unless the price is rock bottom. Maybe $1,500 US dollars. It's a shame to see an MV in this condition but don't get tunnel vision on this one. You don't want to be buying someone elses problem. I think it's only good for salvagable parts.

·
Super Moderator
2,644 Posts
Excellent advice so far. There are too many significantly concerning variables here to consider buying this bike unless the price is rock bottom. Maybe $1,500 US dollars. It's a shame to see an MV in this condition but don't get tunnel vision on this one. You don't want to be buying someone elses problem. I think it's only good for salvagable parts.
+1

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
+1. Also I see in one pic the handle bar appears to be pressed against the air intake cover, if so, you can add a damaged steering head to the list of 'undesirables'.

Whichever way you go, I certainly wish you all the best.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah....seems that there is just too much damage and seems like it's not worth the hassle.

Thank you guys for pointing all the the defects out. :)

I love this community! :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ditto....Ok if you fancy a challenge-albeit an expensive one. Would only be worth scrapping in my opinion unless you have bottomless wallet!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts