MV Agusta Forum banner

MV Agusta.net TRACK DAY MMP- 2007 - feeler

3K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Nevermore 
#1 ·
I've just sent an inquiry message to the management @ Miller Motorsports Park (Utah) asking what the track rental fees are and availability.

The next step is to see how many people would be interested in doing a track day there.

If this generates enough interest, we may be able to make this event happen.

For the sake of making this financially realistic (i.e. keep the cost down for participants), I'd like to open this event up to ALL brands of bikes.

So, please respond back, either here or in a PM that you would be interested in doing this event. If this goes far enough, you will probably have to confirm your interested with a deposit.

Alex

#4 ·
I rode it for two days in October and it is a great track. They opened up the whole track for us which is about 4.5 miles per lap. That was tough trying to remember all the turns. If it is for the AMA configuration (outer track) I would be in and I am sure three or four others that I do track days with would be as well.

#9 ·
Got a reply back from MMP:

Are rental rate is for the full or outer track it is $10,000 a day, Monday-Thrusday and $15,000 a day, Friday-Sunday. East or West Track is $5,000 a day Monday-Thrusday and $7,500 a day, Friday-Sunday. This does not included Ambulane/EV and Corner Worker Fees. The Ambulance fee is $80.00 a hour and EV is $120.00 a day. The corner worker fees are $80.00 per worker.
We are going to need to do the following:
1. GET A LOT MORE RIDERS
2. align with another organization and/or get some sponsorship
3. consider the East or West track (my pref is for the full thing in the AMA layout)

Alex

#13 ·
Definitely in.

By the way (I would be remiss if I didn’t mention this): I will pass Reopropf's a-- on my SPR. Then I'll pass him again on my CBR600rr. Then I'll pass him again on my Big Wheel.

He can get the biggest MV possible; I will pass him. Get the Superbike straight from Willow Grove. I don’t give a flying sh--. Get a f---ing rocket-powered, laser-guided MV 4000. I will still pass his a--. Get a nuclear-driven super un-f---ing believable Moto GP time-warp MV 6000. No problem. I will pass his a--. I will pass him on the outside. I will pass him on the inside. I will pass him in his sleep.

Calling you out, ReoPanties.

TC

#14 ·
tclinton said:
Definitely in.

By the way (I would be remiss if I didn’t mention this): I will pass Reopropf's a-- on my SPR. Then I'll pass him again on my CBR600rr. Then I'll pass him again on my Big Wheel.

He can get the biggest MV possible; I will pass him. Get the Superbike straight from Willow Grove. I don’t give a flying sh--. Get a f---ing rocket-powered, laser-guided MV 4000. I will still pass his a--. Get a nuclear-driven super un-f---ing believable Moto GP time-warp MV 6000. No problem. I will pass his a--. I will pass him on the outside. I will pass him on the inside. I will pass him in his sleep.

Calling you out, ReoPanties.

TC
:laughing:

#16 · (Edited)
Reopropf said:
TC is a drunk :jerkoff:
nice reply :laughing: :laughing: is TC short for Troy Corser?? :stir:

#18 ·
Well, the response to this hasn't been exactly overwhelming. I think the best approach here will be to join up with an existing organization.

I still believe MMP is a great choice. Yeah it's a bit of a haul for everyone, but it's a haul for EVERYONE and it's an awesome place, and one of the best tracks in the USA right now.

Apex Track Days (link) runs the events at MMP. They have their 2007 schedule up now, and as fortune would have it, there is a FULL course track day right after the AMA weekend!

So, we could go out, see the race, support the team, and then ride the track on the next day!

How's that for an option?
Alex

#20 ·
JamesC said:
So,

AMA racing to watch MV AGUSTA and LUCA/Matt all weekend then get out on the track ourselves the following day for FULL COURSE?

Hmmmmmm..........
Yep, recipe for disaster, ha ha :naughty: Sounds good to me, although I was also wondering when the WERA West weekend will be scheduled.

#21 ·
Nevermore said:
Yep, recipe for disaster, ha ha :naughty: Sounds good to me, although I was also wondering when the WERA West weekend will be scheduled.
Chris, isn't one series of racing enough??!!
Now you want to go jump into WERA too???

What's next? AMA? WSBK? MOTOGP!!!???

Yeah, I'm jealous....

So, if we could get enough guys from So. Cal. interested in this, maybe we rent an RV and get a nice sized trailer to haul the bike? How's that for a long-weekend trip to SLC?

Alex

#22 ·
altoon said:
Chris, isn't one series of racing enough??!!
Now you want to go jump into WERA too???

What's next? AMA? WSBK? MOTOGP!!!???

Yeah, I'm jealous....

So, if we could get enough guys from So. Cal. interested in this, maybe we rent an RV and get a nice sized trailer to haul the bike? How's that for a long-weekend trip to SLC?

Alex
Get enough racing? What a silly question :bash:
WERA West=Fontana, Vegas, Miller :naughty:

Oh and BTW, did I tell you I have a nice new enclosed trailer? :smoking:
Anything else we need?

#24 ·
Nevermore said:
Get enough racing? What a silly question :bash:
WERA West=Fontana, Vegas, Miller :naughty:

Oh and BTW, did I tell you I have a nice new enclosed trailer? :smoking:
Anything else we need?
If you decided to Chris, I have to dust off the Kawasaki and do it with you. :naughty: (This is will be one of the selected few rounds that I might be able to do with my Wife's blessing!)

#25 ·
ARCHILLE said:
If you decided to Chris, I have to dust off the Kawasaki and do it with you. :naughty: (This is will be one of the selected few rounds that I might be able to do with my Wife's blessing!)

Cool! I haven't seen a schedule for 2007 yet, but I definitely want to do a few events in addition to WSMC. AFM also honors WSMC licenses, but I think WERA West runs the tracks I would prefer. I like Fontana and absolutely love Miller. I haven't been to Vegas yet, but I'll be attending the school there in a couple of weeks. How do you like the Vegas track? Got any secret tips for me?

#26 ·
Freddie uses LVMS Classic and Infield. They run the Classic counter-clockwise while the Infield clockwise. The Classic will be used exclusively for drills (Stop-&-Go) and the Infield also for drills but they will let you run the full Infield course in the afternoon of the second day. Nothing super tricky with plenty of run-off. Fun little track!!!

Let me and TAFFSPEED know, we might be able to get together for a drink or some thing. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.