MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received the attached letter last night. Basically says that "in order to gain eligibility for both the Superstock and Superbike classes, we were required to import a minimum quantity of 400 units of our 2007 F4-1000R and F4-1000R 1+1 units (combined) to satisfy the AMA's homologation requirements. The volume of specific F4 product is slightly higher than we would anticipate our dealers selling naturally over the course of the year."

The letter basically then says that all left over F4R have a $3,500 factory to dealer incentive in addition to the 3.74% low interest up to 84 months. This is good until November 30, 2007.

So, I'm just passing the attached letter along incase anyone's interested. Feel free to print it out and take it to an MV dealer.

Attachments

• 59.3 KB Views: 262

·
Registered
254 Posts
Got the same letter last nite her in Illinois also. Tempting but I think I will keep my S model for know.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TheCatWhisperer said:
So they're shafting everyone that paid top for them by discounting them now and damaging resale values?

Si
That's why I think Lotus should also offer an owner loyalty program.

Actually, I think it's a revolving door: Low interest and incentives to increase new bike sales, customer loyalty program to offset depreciation, and a low interest and/or certified preowned warranty program for used bikes. This would let current owners "trade up" and allow those who want an MV but can't afford a new on the reassurance and ability to buy a used one.

I know MV markets the exclusiveness of the brand but this is exactly what they'd need something like the above - because they are a niche market and a lot of their customers are repeat customers.

·
Registered
301 Posts
wallis said:
shame that has not happened over here in england, base price now in dollars are about 28000!
I upgraded my F4SR 750 to a beautiful "sinister black" F4 1000R about 10 months ago here in Australia. The dealer gave me about $4000 off the retail price as MV had already discounted them.

I am not so worried about the price, but as people have said, many MV owners are repeat purchasers. A really good low cost finance scheme to cover the cost of trading up to a new model would be an great incentive.

I have bought my last 2 MVs and last 3 Ducatis cash, but partly because of THAT and my divorce, I cannot see myself affording to pay cash up front next time. I reckon MV should come up with a good customer finance and buy-back scheme a bit like a motor vehicle leasing, including insurance. I'd go for it.
:mouthwate
cheers

Doc

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DoctorMV said:
....MV owners are repeat purchasers. A really good low cost finance scheme to cover the cost of trading up to a new model would be an great incentive. Doc
Here's a good example. In the 4 model years that Lotus has been selling the Elise/Exige in the US, there's been a change in the line up that has had owners trading up (05, Elise, 06 Exige, '07 Exige supercharged). After the supercharged Exige came out, owners were getting really pissed off. This is designed to help ease the pain:

Owner's Loyalty Program Announcement
Move into a 2008 for Less!

Lotus Cars USA proudly announced an Owner Loyalty Program at the LA Auto Show. All current/original owners of 2005 MY Elise are qualified to receive between $2,000.00 and $4,000.00 off the purchase of any new Elise or Exige now through February 28, 2008. Program Incentive Levels are as follows:

$2,000.00 Purchase of a 2008, 190 HP Elise or any MY 2007 or MY 2006 Lotus Vehicle (MY 2008 vehicles subject to availability)

$3,000.00 Purchase of a 2008 220 HP Elise SC or ExigeS (subject to vehicle availability)

$4,000.00 Purchase of a 2008 240 HP Exige S (subject to vehicle availability)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
In the 4 model years that Lotus has been selling the Elise/Exige in the US
I was shocked when a buddy of mine told me how much they were selling the Elise for in the US.. It was serious supercar money, and here in the UK they're a low-end sportster. (Thought it's been a while since I've looked. I always said I'd have an Esprit one day. The Elise doesn't do anything for me.)

Si

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
wallis said:
shame that has not happened over here in england, base price now in dollars are about 28000!
Lucky you! Over here it would be over 36000 dollars :jsm: :wtf:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Maximum Velocity said:
Lucky you! Over here it would be over 36000 dollars :jsm: :wtf:
Sorry to be so slow in my comments on this thread!!! :stickpoke

Yikes... after dealer and MV discounts I paid about $31000 AUD, which at the time was about $26000 USD !!!!

cheers

·
Registered
762 Posts
I gotta hand a big thanks to Allan for posting this... it was because of this thread that I got to looking into getting an F4R... and I did end-up getting one. Between the price, the interest rate and the bike itself, all of which I could not resist.. I now own one. Thanks to Dova too for posting those crazy "in the crate" pics followed by a priceless look on his face, I had to have one too :toothless

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
lol Glad you are happy with it Sig! I think I still have that priceless look on my face every time I come in from the garage. I cant help but look at it and smile!

I have to agree the huge discount and interest rates are what really got me into it earlier than I had expected.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts