MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Varese 16th of November 2009 - MV Agusta never ceases to amaze. Following the launch of the new Brutale 990R and 1090RR last September, and the launch of the new F4 at EICMA Show, now the new website is online at www.mvagusta.it

Completely redesigned down to the last detail, from structure to layout, the new site is dynamic and easy to navigate, full of useful information, pictures and videos on all the new MV Agusta products.

The new platform includes an entirely new e-commerce section where users can purchase a complete collection of MV Agusta apparel as well as a large selection of MV Corse Special Parts for the F4 and Brutale. All orders will be shipped directly.

One of the biggest innovations is the 3D configurator that will be online in January 2010. The configurator, much like the ones present in the automotive industry, allows the user to specify the desired model, colour and version and view it from 8 different camera angles. The user will be able to select a wealth of accessories ranging from carbon fibre and alloy parts, to seats and performance accessories and view them on the bike in 3 dimensions. Once the desired parts are added to the bike, the user can choose to purchase them directly through our webstore.

In the next few months the site will be continuously updated with new exciting sections such as a virtual museum where you will be able to trace MV Agusta motorcycle history. A section called MV World will also feature and will contain videos, interviews, secrets and insights in our glorious brand and the people that make our fabulous motorcycles.

Our presence on widespread Social Networks, such as Facebook and YouTube, will continue to expand with content developed specifically to enhance interest in our brand. Our YouTube channel in particular has seen a massive flow of visits. Our F4 preview video alone has had more than 84,000 visits and is ranked as one of the top videos around the world in countries such as Italy, Germany, France, Australia, Holland, Spain, Canada, Brazil and Japan.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Varese 16th of November 2009 - MV Agusta never ceases to amaze. Following the launch of the new Brutale 990R and 1090RR last September, and the launch of the new F4 at EICMA Show, now the new website is online at www.mvagusta.it

Completely redesigned down to the last detail, from structure to layout, the new site is dynamic and easy to navigate, full of useful information, pictures and videos on all the new MV Agusta products.

The new platform includes an entirely new e-commerce section where users can purchase a complete collection of MV Agusta apparel as well as a large selection of MV Corse Special Parts for the F4 and Brutale. All orders will be shipped directly.

One of the biggest innovations is the 3D configurator that will be online in January 2010. The configurator, much like the ones present in the automotive industry, allows the user to specify the desired model, colour and version and view it from 8 different camera angles. The user will be able to select a wealth of accessories ranging from carbon fibre and alloy parts, to seats and performance accessories and view them on the bike in 3 dimensions. Once the desired parts are added to the bike, the user can choose to purchase them directly through our webstore.

In the next few months the site will be continuously updated with new exciting sections such as a virtual museum where you will be able to trace MV Agusta motorcycle history. A section called MV World will also feature and will contain videos, interviews, secrets and insights in our glorious brand and the people that make our fabulous motorcycles.

Our presence on widespread Social Networks, such as Facebook and YouTube, will continue to expand with content developed specifically to enhance interest in our brand. Our YouTube channel in particular has seen a massive flow of visits. Our F4 preview video alone has had more than 84,000 visits and is ranked as one of the top videos around the world in countries such as Italy, Germany, France, Australia, Holland, Spain, Canada, Brazil and Japan.
To me this is precisely what MV needs to move the brand in the right direction. Clearly, there are aesthetic and functional components of the brand that are being scrutinized. Enchancements in design on the F4 (which btw I think is a beautiful enhancement to the timeless original) and now to the website are the sorts of things that will enable MV to continue to do business in the future. Seriously adding the MV history feature to the site is genius too....its part of the "emotional experience" that exemplifies the typical MV consumer. Customer's are becoming increasingly more demanding whether its the 8k Japenese buyer or the enthusiast Italian motorcycle buyer. And so these are precisely the types of things a potential buyer may be looking for when determining the long term viabilty of MV. As a consumer, I'm excited more now than in the past (I just sold a new Duc SF for a 3 year old F4). In the end, all brands (MV included) have to consistently find ways to hone their trade; its simply not enough anymore to be the most beautiful bike in the world. Great job MV!!! Excited fan! Now optimize the supply chain and dealer network in the US.

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think your aa tad late but thank you anyway
Sorry I didn't know that, and I was only trying to pass on the info to the forum members.. It was only sent to me yesterday from my factory contact..

On a different matter, I sent you a PM about those 3 x decals you requested, but you didn't return the message..

Please could you let me know if you have changed your mind.

Thanks
JDS

·
Registered
108 Posts
This Web Site is most likely due to MVs brief time with HD. HD has used this advanced Web viewing, including 360 degree , color, and options,for quite a few years now. At least something good has come of the money HD has put into MV.

·
Registered
909 Posts
This Web Site is most likely due to MVs brief time with HD. HD has used this advanced Web viewing, including 360 degree , color, and options,for quite a few years now. At least something good has come of the money HD has put into MV.

I would venture that a LOT of good has come from the money HD has put into MV;
Huge debt wiped out, meaning suppliers will now actually supply!,
New Brutale
New F4
Restarting of new triple project
New website
New pricing structure
New confidence!

Remember that HD are selling because of THEIR situation, not MV's: they need money in quickly!

It reminds me of that scene in "The Life of Brian"; "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

Regardless of what a lot of people think, MV would still be moribund without HD's intervention. IMHO.

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would venture that a LOT of good has come from the money HD has put into MV;
Huge debt wiped out, meaning suppliers will now actually supply!,
New Brutale
New F4
Restarting of new triple project
New website
New pricing structure
New confidence!

Remember that HD are selling because of THEIR situation, not MV's: they need money in quickly!

It reminds me of that scene in "The Life of Brian"; "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

Regardless of what a lot of people think, MV would still be moribund without HD's intervention. IMHO.

If you want to join the People's Front of Judea, you have to really hate the Romans.
;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
mvagusta.it

I was just on the new site - nice job!! - but I noticed that only the apparel section offered an "Add to Cart" function, whereas the Special Parts section came up as either "Purchasable Through Your Local Dealer. Click Here to Find the Dealer Closest to You" or no purchase details at all. I was hoping to buy a MVCorse fuel cap online, but there is no "Add to Cart" or "Checkout" option. I have registered with the site, but is it a case that you need to join the "Factory Club" to buy online? Any suggestions appreciated. :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
mvagusta.it

I was just on the new site - nice job!! - but I noticed that only the apparel section offered an "Add to Cart" function, whereas the Special Parts section came up as either "Purchasable Through Your Local Dealer. Click Here to Find the Dealer Closest to You" or no purchase details at all. I was hoping to buy a MVCorse fuel cap online, but there is no "Add to Cart" or "Checkout" option. I have registered with the site, but is it a case that you need to join the "Factory Club" to buy online? Any suggestions appreciated. :)
To answer my own question.....I just received an email from: [email protected]

Unfortunately we cannot send this item directly to our customer buyng on the website, you have to order the special parts you need through an authorized dealer.

So...only a limited range of merchandise, such as apparel, is currently offered for direct sale via the mvagusta.it website, but MV Special Parts currently still need to be ordered through the Dealer Network. :cross:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts