MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wear a 40R suit jacket. 40R has a perfect shoulder width and sleeve length, as I usually get the waist tailored slimmer as I'm thin, so what size Brutale jacket would I need? L or XL?

I've read they fit small. Now there's a difference between slimmer and small. Italian suits are designed very lean, with the slimmer athletic body build in mind. I.E. fitted/tight fitting. I'm guessing it's the case with thier jackets, I'm just wanting to make sure nobody is mistaking slimmer fit, to a smaller fit. Or are they, physically a smaller size?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hard to say. Not all MV jackets are made by the same manufacturer hence, they all fit differently. You sound like a 40-42. Best bet is to head out to your local dealer and try a few.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brutale Jacket is the jacket I'm curious about... I have no idea who it's made by. I remember there being a thread displaying what companies produce which jackets...but I can't remember the thread title/too lazy to search. Maybe somebody knows off the top of thier head???

If I had a local dealer, I'm sure I'de be one of thier headaches, lol. But my closest dealer is 5 hours away :(

I just need a winter jacket here soon, and figured a Brutale jacket fits the bill as I'm slim, and well, own a Brutale :p

That said, I'de be willing to buy the blank version of that jacket (save a butt-ton of money) and do the screen printing/embroidery myself....

·
Registered
645 Posts
Go a size up on the leathers, at least thats what I had to do, but Im a stocky guy. Even the length was a little short. The lookwell mesh jacket was true to USA size.

·
Registered
338 Posts
oicdn said:
Brutale Jacket is the jacket I'm curious about... I have no idea who it's made by. I remember there being a thread displaying what companies produce which jackets...but I can't remember the thread title/too lazy to search. Maybe somebody knows off the top of thier head???

If I had a local dealer, I'm sure I'de be one of thier headaches, lol. But my closest dealer is 5 hours away :(

I just need a winter jacket here soon, and figured a Brutale jacket fits the bill as I'm slim, and well, own a Brutale :p

That said, I'de be willing to buy the blank version of that jacket (save a butt-ton of money) and do the screen printing/embroidery myself....
I was in a similar predicament. I located the dealer that had the jacket I wanted, (MV lea. race replica) and purchased it with the understanding that if it didn't fit I could return it. So if it doesn't fit your out the shipping charges. Depends on how badly you want one.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You need to post a picture of yourself naked from the waist up. Someone here will probably alpha channel you into the brutale jacket. Then reverse engineer the jacket size from there. Kinda works everytime for me.

Don't post totally naked photo, unless there's something else that needs to tuck into the jacket...god I hope not.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahaha, a size 56 sleeve fits me good, a little long, but the rest of the jacket is SUPER SUPER baggy, cause I'm so skinny.

I'm glad that italians make the cuts really lean, but damn, it's $$$$.

·
Registered
803 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ Eh, my company has an embroidery machine, and a screen press....I could embroider an MV logo DIRECTLY onto the jacket, as well as do any print work. Looks alot more "authentic".

If it can save me a significant amount, that's the route I'm going. Now...to find the blank....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts