MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
So how will the F3 compete with the 1000cc bikes? I see they did say it could lead to the F4RR version later in the year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is this the same Massimo Bordi who kept cancelling meetings with Francis Batta?

Don't be holding your breath, people!
Well let's hope Massimo hasn't lost it and was holding out for a better deal from Batta? Just being optimistic. Bordi obviously knows a good deal (right?) and can pick his timing and it is evident he knows how to talk himself up!!
It will be good to see the F3 in supersport. But better to see the F4 (doing well) in Superbike. My only concern is look at the resources BMW threw at the project with limited results and i'm sure Kawasaki did the same, with almost worse results.
Fingers crossed.:penguin:

·
Registered
909 Posts
As I have mentioned before, BMW were new to racing at this level, whereas Aprillia had a garage full of people with a wealth of experience in MotoGP; hence they won the title in their second season!

Also, Aprillia designed the chassis first, then designed an engine to fit !!!

Having said that, BMW have learned a lot, and I expect a step up in 2012- maybe not a championship, but certainly race wins.

Unfortunately, MV are not in a position to make that kind of commitment yet- maybe if the next couple years see the hoped-for growth in production, that may change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts