MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it sounds like MV Agusta will be putting up BOTH Supersport AND Superbike teams in 2014-15. Pretty great news for the iconic racing brand. Sounds like it's with the Russian team that sponsored Sam Lowes (though without him as he moves into Moto2). I wonder whether they're going to have two Supersport teams and keep the Park n Go squad and have 4 factory bikes in Supersport.

Great to see MV making a racing comeback, especially after their last two podiums in two races.

Corran

·
Registered
895 Posts
Damn you, Corran. I haven't watched that WSS race yet.:stickpoke
Oh well, my fault for wandering in to this section I guess.:banghead:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But... I didn't give the race away....

Corran

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
that is awesome.
I hope MV does well and is able to hang with the big boys.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Vala, what is your source?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sam Lowes tested the F4RR for Yakhinch

From Crash.net

Yakhnich are close to running factory-backed MV Agustas next season, but the prospect of riding a new, undeveloped bike didn't appeal to Lowes.

“If I can go to Superbike on an Aprilia or Kawasaki and win, I'd go,” said Lowes, who sampled the MV Agusta F4 last month in a private test. “I didn't really have any offers anyway – Suzuki was the best offer and I'm not going to win on that. I can win in Moto2, I've ridden one before and I was quick. The class is hard, really hard and I'm not saying I'm going to go and win, but I feel I can be competitive straight away.

“However, in Superbike if you don't have the bike, it doesn't matter who you are, you won't win. If you put Marquez on an MV Agusta, it wouldn't win, it's not good enough.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
If they do go with a 1000, I wish them well, but I think it'll be a big effort to get that on the podium, even top 5 would be amazing. If it where my money, I'd run another F3 equipped team.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
agreed Donsy - the F4 simply cannot compete with the new bikes right now... better to dominate Supersport than throw money at a lost cause in superbike

·
Registered
947 Posts
I am going to disagree with you guys a bit on this one. If they run in the new EVO class for 2014 I bet they can be decent if they have a good rider. As the EVO is roughly what Superstock is now I think MV can be competitive against other EVO class bikes. As 2015 will be all EVO MV will have a year development and should be able to stay competitive.

As far as money goes, Yakhnich has a ton of it and will most likely be funding the F4 efforts. As MV has a 3 year contract with ParkinGo I wonder if they will be running 4 F3's in supersport next year. I would love to see Iddon and Rolfo continue as they showed that by years end h3 F3 can easily run at the front.

·
Registered
404 Posts
To see MV back in and going strong is good.... any rumours of an F4 for the TT?

The development made without racing was pretty good so how much better could these bikes be?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I hear what you're saying Vapour, and you make a good point. My biggest worry is the MV F4 electronics, not sure if it's up to scratch yet compared to the competition. But then again, if you don't start trying, you'll never get any better at it I suppose.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am going to disagree with you guys a bit on this one. If they run in the new EVO class for 2014 I bet they can be decent if they have a good rider. As the EVO is roughly what Superstock is now I think MV can be competitive against other EVO class bikes. As 2015 will be all EVO MV will have a year development and should be able to stay competitive.

As far as money goes, Yakhnich has a ton of it and will most likely be funding the F4 efforts. As MV has a 3 year contract with ParkinGo I wonder if they will be running 4 F3's in supersport next year. I would love to see Iddon and Rolfo continue as they showed that by years end h3 F3 can easily run at the front.
Yeah -I just don't think the F4 is up to scratch bike to bike (stock to stock) against the newer bikes on the market - it's an old design now - heavy, and antiquated.

The F3 is obviously great and competitive - I just doubt the F4 will be.

We'll see

Corran

·
Registered
760 Posts
The F4 needn't be any more off the pace then the F3 and you all seem to be assuming that a factory supported bike will be a road bike. Why is the electronics on the F3 working better then you assume they will on the F4, am I missing the point?

·
Registered
947 Posts
The F4 needn't be any more off the pace then the F3 and you all seem to be assuming that a factory supported bike will be a road bike. Why is the electronics on the F3 working better then you assume they will on the F4, am I missing the point?
The new Eldor electronics are better on the F3 but still a good bit lacking on the F4. The electronics are not at a point yet were they can handle the power the F4 is capable of. That being said, the EVO class will be be running rules similar to Supersport. The F3 in WSS is running Magnetti Marelli ECU and dash and I don't see any reason why they couldn't run the same on the F4.

·
Registered
727 Posts

+1
Thank god there´s still money out there to support MV to develop and correct the F4. WSBK is essential to this purpose!
If you read all the latest year SBK reviews everyone says it´s a fantasic motor and agile bike...everything else misses here and there compared to the other bikes!
I´m not thinking in WSB titles in the first year but daring pilots with the ability to help MV to correct the bad issues.
This should be great.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
The new Eldor electronics are better on the F3 but still a good bit lacking on the F4. The electronics are not at a point yet were they can handle the power the F4 is capable of. That being said, the EVO class will be be running rules similar to Supersport. The F3 in WSS is running Magnetti Marelli ECU and dash and I don't see any reason why they couldn't run the same on the F4.
My understanding is that the MV will not be run in the EVO class but as a 'normal' Superbike. Pretty sure that's what Nadin was talking about the other day

·
Registered
947 Posts
My understanding is that the MV will not be run in the EVO class but as a 'normal' Superbike. Pretty sure that's what Nadin was talking about the other day
That may be and I think that would be a mistake. I was just saying that if they did decide to run the EVO class it would be the better bet and I think they could at least put on a good showing that way.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Geez you guys, a lot of speculation going on here.
TB, what do you mean by MV running a bike other than a road bike, it is WSBK's we're talking about right ?
Corran, I think you're being a bit harsh on the F4, the weight is not a big issue, and styling is miles ahead of BMW, Suzuki, Honda and even Kawasaki, I think the only "good" looking Superbike on the grid is the Aprilia to be honest.
Vapour, how can the electronics not handle the power mate, that just sounds wrong. Might be that the electronics, and it's mapping is not easy to handle or not as developed yet.
Chris, what do you know mate, come on, give us the inside info - EVO or SUPERBIKE ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts