MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm planning a trip to ride the Alps in Bayern in Sept/Oct 2011.

I'm specifically looking for any of our forum members who live around Munchen and can tell me something about MV Agusta dealers or clubs or great places to ride south of Munchen.

I have a 2010 Brutale 1090RR and hope to visit the factory in Varese.

If you live in southern Germany, I'd like a bit of info. You can also email me.

Best wishes,
Dick

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm planning a trip to ride the Alps in Bayern in Sept/Oct 2011.

I'm specifically looking for any of our forum members who live around Munchen and can tell me something about MV Agusta dealers or clubs or great places to ride south of Munchen.

I have a 2010 Brutale 1090RR and hope to visit the factory in Varese.

If you live in southern Germany, I'd like a bit of info. You and email me.

Best wishes,
Dick
Hi Dick,

the best dealer in upper bavaria is Ioannoni Corse (www.ioannoni-corse.de ). They are specialized Ducati and MV Agusta dealer.

If you go south from munich simply you will find many roads which are great fun to ride. A hot spot is "Sudelfeld" and "Thiersee". If you check this with google maps you will find it.

You can also go to austria ( tirol ) which is very close to this area.

brgds,
DANIEL

·
Registered
890 Posts
are you visiting with the brutale or any other bike?
then just a bit of warning: the weather can be very
moody in september/october, but if you have time
there are these magical moments of fresh snow in
the mountains and very clear sky. it is my favorite
time of the year, but difficult to predict.

i am further to the west in stuttgart, but if you
happens to step by your welcome for a beer
and some chat. we sometimes have a meeting
of brutale riders only. i can inform you if it
happens during your stay, but at the moment
it is a bit too early.

if you have time, you have to visit Karwendel. especially
there is a very nice place you can reach by bike, which is
called "Ahornboden"

http://www.karwendel-urlaub.de/angebot/wandern-karwendel/ahornboden-im-karwendel-naturdenkmal-grosser-ahornboden.html

or here the link in map.google.com
Ahornboden

·
Registered
422 Posts
You also need to let the factory know you are coming so they can make arrangements. I was there in 2009 and have the persons contact info if you don't already have it. PM me if you want it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Factory Tour

Hi Dick,

the best dealer in upper bavaria is Ioannoni Corse (www.ioannoni-corse.de ). They are specialized Ducati and MV Agusta dealer.

If you go south from munich simply you will find many roads which are great fun to ride. A hot spot is "Sudelfeld" and "Thiersee". If you check this with google maps you will find it.

You can also go to austria ( tirol ) which is very close to this area.

brgds,
DANIEL

Hi Daniel: Thank you for your recommendations, especially about visiting Ioannoni Corse in Ingolstadt, Germany. Mario and his family were wonderful.

Fortune was with me on this trip to Varese. I was able to spend a few hours visiting the factory and had the distinct honour to have Giovanni show me around the plant. There is nothing quite like the thrill of seeing these bikes built. And little compares to seeing an F4 engine running "full chat" on an engine brake. However the thrill increased dramatically as Giovanni opened the door to the booth and invited me to step inside. They run each F4 engine 20 minutes and standing inside the booth is like sticking you head in a pipe organ.

I was amazed to learn that MV produces 8 separate models and was completely unaware of their operation in Brazil. There is a lot of talent inside this company.

At the conclusion of the tour I was invited to sit the new F3 Serie Oro, which will be shown publicly at the EICMA show in Milan. What a beauty!

The day before I'd had a chance to spend some time at CRC in San Marino, and was quite impressed with the capabilities within that facility, and seeing these craftsmen build complete prototypes in-house was amazing. The entire complex is spotless and covered with all sorts of eye candy. The clay modeling shop was my favorite.

In Ingolstadt, Mario introduced me to his father Giuseppe who is by any definition a true artesian. Giuseppe showed me the many parts he has sand cast and machined, mostly all in Italy, and his extensive collection of bikes and parts. Mario and Giuseppe offered to sell me one of his vintage 4 cylinder MV's, but alas, my wallet is not that fat!

Daniel, thanks to you and several others, my trip to Italy and Germany was a trip of a lifetime.

Ciao,
Dick

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Dick,

yes Mario and Guiseppe are the best experts for italian motorcycles.
I´m glad you had a good time in europe.
Did you explore our twisty roads with a motorbike too?

P.S. Did you see Mario´s WSBK MVAgusta? That´s a real beast!

ciao,
DANIEL

·
Registered
440 Posts
Great pics!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dick,
Your trip, pictures and overall experience look & sound awesome. Truly a trip of a lifetime. And what can those of us who likely will never get to experience what you did say but AWESOME!
I don't know about what other folks think but personally the fact that you were given a personal tour by Giovanni C makes me that much more proud to be an MV owner. I can't imagine the CEO of Honda, Kawasaki, H-D, etc. taking time out of what must be incredibly busy days to show a customer around their respective plants.
Again very nicely done!
Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Dick,

Did you explore our twisty roads with a motorbike too?

P.S. Did you see Mario´s WSBK MVAgusta? That´s a real beast!

ciao,
DANIEL
Hi Daniel: Your comment about Mario’s WSBK F4 is a good one. It is a beast! The edges of the tyres are so well worn; it looks like the nuts on the ends of the axles were rubbing the track. That is one amazing bike!

I was able to ride some of your wonderful twisties. My favorites were in Switzerland, Grimsel Pass, and Furka Pass. Fast twisties and wide sweepers.

We were able to run up and over Stelvio Pass in Italy, from Bormio north towards Bolzano. The British TV show Top Gear called Stelvio Pass the Best Driving Road in the Italian Alps. I can only say, from a motorcyclist point of view, this is one tough road and not a great deal of fun.

The 40 plus 180-degree hairpin turns on both the climb from Bormio as well as coming up from Bolzano are just too tight to be much fun. Perhaps if you could be sure no cars were approaching from the other direction, it might be fun.

However, Most all of the "up-hill" turns are blind, unless you can swivel your head 180 degrees and look up up over your shoulder. Additionally, all the turns are so tight, you must enter the right hand turns in the ”wrong lane” and there is no centre stripe. Grueling!

The trucks add a whole new level of excitement as do the absence of guard rails on the Bormio side.

Ciao,
Dick

PS: the truck in the photo had to complete most all of the turns as "3 point Turns" jockeying back and forth 3 or 4 times to make each corner. What were they thinking???

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts