MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I haven't seen that before either. Thanks Carl.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
great video. Thanks for the post, I don't mind any reposts, I am new enough here that they are all new to me and probably something I wouldn't see otherwise.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
The Glorious Past

Loved it!!!!!!!!! Thanks Carl - awesome to see pics of the greats, greatest, the Count & a young Arturo Magni made me all sentimental, great marque, wonderful histroy regardless of your views of the old MV Vs the new MV.

My take on that is simple:

It's all one religion: MV Agusta

The Count original era = Old Testament.
The Castiglioni era = New Testament.

The method of worship has changed but that's it. :smoking:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
So many striking images.

Some of my favorites:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
And a few more.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Very interesting.....and educational. I admit I know very little about pre-1999 MV Agustas.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Well Done Dave!!!

Very good,i wonder how many of those models still exist

Firstly, awesome job Dave - fantasic that you went to the trouble, big thanks to you. :yo:

Andrew, not too many floating about, the Count being paranoid that his technology would be copied by rival teams had most of the bikes crushed at season's end. He also didn't want 'unauthorised' privateers competing against factory riders and therefore the production models mirrored this.

The first production 4 cylinder was a 600cc shaft drive with very much that idea in mind - truly a fascinating history, some it as folklore has subsequently become fact, whatever the real truth is, it is lovely to live in the romantic notion of we have been handed down, quite frankly I am happy to leave it like that & enjoy as such even if there may be some inaccuracies. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts