MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People, I was actually inspired by Brians topic about his helmets and curious what we all got as an MV Agusta helmet. Nice to know!!

This is mine, probably the most common MV helmet and I like it!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I am even more curious what the helmet in this pic is. Seems an MV Dainese one, but I am not aware of it. I already have this suit, although in black, and would fancy the helmet too :)

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hey Erik, congratulations nice helmet. I was never able to buy one, don´t know if it was financialy or my mind....

The other helmet has a Mv sticker :stickpoke, not Mv made ;)

At least that i am aware off.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx Rui! I have that helmet since 2003. I suspect that after that time they would have been not that available anymore; I remember that my dealer at the time bought all the available helmets at the factory. He had a HUGE pile of boxes in his store :D if I remember correct he had 120 of those helmets :)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pssst...pssst...sshhhh....now that no one is hearing us, for how much do they sell ? :naughty:
Sssstttt, they might hear us, but at the time ai got mine for €850, that was a great deal!! This dealer does not exist anymore. In 2006 dealer off and a year later bankrupt... But not because of the helmets I think ;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sssstttt, they might hear us, but at the time ai got mine for €850, that was a great deal!! This dealer does not exist anymore. In 2006 dealer off and a year later bankrupt... But not because of the helmets I think ;)
It was a good price, since they were sold for much more......i think i must work a bit more, maybe i can afford me one...:stickpoke

At the time i bought a Shoei and ordered a "special", i mean, very special paint theme: Mv Agusta

Don´t want to talk about the above subject anymore, thank you Erik for understanding.:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Pssst...pssst...sshhhh....now that no one is hearing us, for how much do they sell ? :naughty:
It was a good price, since they were sold for much more......i think i must work a bit more, maybe i can afford me one...:stickpoke

Don´t want to talk about the above subject anymore, thank you Erik for understanding.:laughing::laughing:
What's that !.....what's that you're talking about???!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
710 Posts
What's that !.....what's that you're talking about???!!!:laughing:
..jesus Brian, sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh........now that´s just the two of us, i can tell you: Erik can get us really nice CHEAP, i mean very CHEAPnice Mv Agusta helmets.

Just don´t go around and tell everyone.... :laughing:

·
Administrator
19,565 Posts
I have the same helmet, but I added Corse decals on the side plates to dress it up a little, :naughty:

And my last mvagusta.net sticker on the chin bar to let people know where to look for info. :f4:

I won't tell you what I paid for this left over, found in the back of the warehouse, 5 year old in the box excess inventory, in a less than popular size (XS), helmet.....suffice it to say "I got a deal" :smoking:

(Photo taken complete with recent bug smears from last ride)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was probably a very good deal Ed!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Can someone tell me if this statment is true:

A helmet shell is valid for 5 years, after that stucture may fail ?! Anyone?

·
Administrator
19,565 Posts
Can someone tell me if this statment is true:

A helmet shell is valid for 5 years, after that stucture may fail ?! Anyone?

Not the shell....the EPS foam inside the shell. Heat cycles, chemical fumes, ozone, etc etc deteriorate the foam.

An unused helmet in a controlled climate storage should be ok for at least a little while.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Not the shell....the EPS foam inside the shell. Heat cycles, chemical fumes, ozone, etc etc deteriorate the foam.

An unused helmet in a controlled climate storage should be ok for at least a little while.
Thank you Ed, sorry my english, yes i meant EPS foam, or foam ;)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you Ed, sorry my english, yes i meant EPS foam, or foam ;)
There is not really much to find...
This is an interesting article but no statement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_helmet

I found something on this at the Dutch government site from the ministry of safety. They say depending on used materials and use by the owner between 3 and 10 years. As you never ride I think your helmet will last 20 years :stickpoke ;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
There is not really much to find...
This is an interesting article but no statement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_helmet

I found something on this at the Dutch government site from the ministry of safety. They say depending on used materials and use by the owner between 3 and 10 years. As you never ride I think your helmet will last 20 years :stickpoke ;)

:laughing::laughing: ....thank you Erik, i was really needing that :)

P.s Some day i´ll ride again, and the helmet won´t be the thing to worry about ; :laughing:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts