MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't continue it on the last thread, because it would be too hard to follow in terms of who wants what. This is the thread on which you say what you'll be willing to commit to. When the time is ready to order, I will let everybody know, and THAT will be when you commit to your order. But as of this moment, this is just to compile the list to see the demand, and to show the vendor (I'm working directly with them) the SERIOUS intrest and amount of product they will be dealing with.

Well, here's the info.

I just talked to him, and I guess Ray, who runs Pro Italia atm wasn't so enthusiastic about giving us the discount. He will, but wasn't excited about it. BUT, he was under the impression that it was 2-4 guys, he had no idea it was 15+ people intrested in leathers and apparel as indicated on the other thread.

He said the person he normally talks to at Pro Italia is out of town, and would for sure go for it, but Ray is currently in charge, so that's who he had to talk to. He said if all else fails, he can contact the MV dealer in Miami, as it's a friend of his as well. So this group buy will definitly happen, it's just amatter of through who.

My contact is the owner of Lookwell USA. He (Lookwell) supplies all the leathers for MV stuff, but is under contract not to resell MV products (how shitty is that?), so he's having to go through a dealer HE SUPPLIES TO, to do the group buy. Kinda a round-about way of doing things, but both his dealer and him recieve incentives, so it's a win win situation for both parties.

The discount right now is NOT CONCRETE, but he's expecting 15-25% depending on the amount of orders and specific items we have.

What he needs from us, is what we're all intrested in. So it can give him an idea of what to barter with INITIALLY. The discount may or may not go up once they find out how big the demand is, but the more the better. This list is NOT your final "order", but rather what you'de be willing to commit to once we get the ball rolling later this week to start the ordering when I meet him in person on Friday. After we get the go ahead, we will then compile the list of who wants what, at what price you will be getting it at, and give you the number you call to place your orders youselves.

SO LETS GET THIS LIST GOING!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, pretty much. There are some other things he could order like the mesh jacket, and other apparel not listed, but is Official MV stuff like the gloves or other leathers on like the MV-SP website.

I know 25% isn't much, but when you're talking 25% off say that brutale jacket, that brings it down to $468, or leathers down to $1100.....that's decently competitive to other manufacturers.

The discount may be even more, but that's just a standard. I'de imagine if we had 15 people buy decently priced items, they would cut us a larger portion off, atleast I would if I were a retailer. Less profit margin per transaction, but as a whole, it's profits you wouldn't have seen otherwise. Basically free money. I'm guessing they don't sell too many MV apparel. Especially on these things as $100+ on a hoodie is pretty revolting, no matter how much money you make.

Essentially, what this is, is the owner of Lookwell USA is using what power he has to get us a deal, as it's hard to find reputable dealers or vendors anymore. If he could, he would sell us the stuff directly, but under contract, he can't. So he's prety much asking for favors from his vendors. He did however say, he could get us badgeless versions of the MV stuff, and it would be up to our own discretion to get the things embroidered/labeled to look like the MV stuff. Actually, it would be the MV stuff :laughing:

He could sell us the very same red MV suit for ~$900 shipped BEFORE any discount. That's $600 cheaper than the very same suit. He could cut us a MASSIVE deal as there's no overhead, so it'd be even less than $900. If that's an viable option for some of you, we can incorporate that into the deal as well.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would like a full racing suit if the price is right but if not I will at least buy the racing leather jacket, as I have always wanted one.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I'm tempted by that Brutale jacket...always liked them. I'm not sure if it would be viable for me with shipping and import duties though.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
...yup, we all wanna look like Brad Pitt! May be we could get lucky then :humpother ???
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Likley scenario while wearing Brutale jacket. Just out for a stroll and...whats that I hear from across the mall, coming from the female bikini models store...look girls it's Brad Pitt aaahhh...in an effort to be the first to get to you they start to fight with each other tearing off those tiny bikini's as they race to get to you with thier offers of passion :)

...thank you Brutale Jacket. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Rockethouse said:

Likley scenario while wearing Brutale jacket. Just out for a stroll and...whats that I hear from across the mall, coming from the female bikini models store...look girls it's Brad Pitt aaahhh...in an effort to be the first to get to you they start to fight with each other tearing off those tiny bikini's as they race to get to you with thier offers of passion :)

Hahahaha

·
Registered
878 Posts
Rockethouse said:

... and then someone slaps me silly and wakes me up!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm meeting the guy on Friday....is this all the people that want stuff? I need some sort of atleast "maybe's" so we can get the best discount possible.

From what he told me, the MV stuff MUST have an intense mark-up...so that's good news, as it gives us some playing ground...

Of course, this thread will stay up for a bit longer before we get everything organized to give everybody the opportunity to get in on this group buy...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I think you should give eveyone a couple of weeks before you finalize.

I'm out with the Brutale Jacket I just spoke to the dealer here who gave me a retail price of AU$552... a little strange considering the US price is over $600.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
All the prices for the MV Corse shop site for Japan are way more expensive than the US one. I was going to order some stuff to the US and pick it up this summer..... so not surprised if other international places are a lot.

...but then this thread came along... :) :)

Have to pay more attention to this work thing for now, will get you my shopping list later today.

Thanks!
-colin :conveyer:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
outtadaloop said:
Put me down for one of these:

Have you tried one of these on or at least seen it in a shop? Do you know what it is made out of? I am curious to see if the fabric is something like Gore Windstopper or something....or if it is just cotton.

thx,
-colin

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Put me down for:

MV Agusta cap in Red - CRC on the bill:
http://www.mvagusta-sp.it/dett_produk.html?cat=7&sub=4063&num=532529&val=no

Microtactel Brutale t-shirt black, size L:
http://www.mvagusta-sp.it/dett_produk.html?cat=7&sub=4063&num=532561&val=no

Printed cotton t-shirt in black, size L:
http://www.mvagusta-sp.it/dett_produk.html?cat=7&sub=4063&num=532573&val=no

Depending on the verdict of the sweatshirt thing, i might take one of those.... Would love some gloves, but would want to try them on first. I'll see if I can find some to try locally.

cheers,
-colin

·
Registered
383 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
Have you tried one of these on or at least seen it in a shop? Do you know what it is made out of? I am curious to see if the fabric is something like Gore Windstopper or something....or if it is just cotton.

thx,
-colin
I have not, but I doubt the fabric is Gore Windstopper, its probably just glorified cotton.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts