MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks....is MV Agusta fully synthetic motor oil what is to be used at all oil changes....my oil was changed once and i do not think MV Agusta fully synthetic motor oil was used?

·
Administrator
20,048 Posts
Yeah...MV doesn't not market a branded oil...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I use a semi synthetic - mainly for the gearbox!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
First off, you only want to use fully synthetic oil. The heat inside the engine is tremendous. MV wants a 10w/60 oil so it can shift smooth when cold and still take the heat. I've heard all the blather about lighter oils being able to reduce heat because of less drag (10w/40 or 5w/40). The bottom line is, it is hotter then Georgia asphalt inside that engine. It needs 60w to not break down. I've tried every known oil, and the best one I've ever found is Bel-ray 5w/60. It makes a noticeable difference with cold shifting and it can take the heat. It works better then the Agip. I have about 5 gal. of the Agip setting on the shelf. It is a great oil, but the Bel-ray is better. Do not use a semi synthetic. It is not better in any way. Just cheaper. Have you priced MV parts lately? I also change the oil every 1000 miles. I don't want any problems, and oil is cheap.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
First of all JimmyJam where are you from?

advising you on what oil to use will depend on whether you live in Scotland (cold climate) Australia (Very hot) or usa which varies

Im in scotland and use either:

SHELL ADVANCE ULTRA
fully synthetic motorcycle oil
10w - 40 4 stroke

or

MOTUL 7100
fully synthetic
20w50

dont worry if you cant get Agip as many dealers dont even use it, (although it is recommended)

do a search on here, there are many threads on this issue; ideally give the bike regular filter/oil changes ensuring the correct level and dont worry too much

have a read of this: http://www.ixion.org.uk/faq/oil.html

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
My dealer uses Motorex (he also does KTM).

The bike runs like clockwork. That's only to be expected. It's Swiss oil...

No problems on the track on hot days either.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Agip 10w-60 full synthetic is what you really need in your bikes as we have tested a few and it offers a much better gear change then all the others

1 - 13 of 13 Posts