MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering an MV for club racing and would like to more infos on which parts to purchase to be on par with the R6s in my organization. I had a PM exchange with @ZAGRacing and understand their F3 675 was stock with a racing ECU. A few questions from a first time club racer:

- Would you choose a 675 to compete in the midweight categories, or a 800 in heavyweight? Or an F4?
- Upgrade the suspensions to Ohlins? How good are the stock ones?
- How much higher is cost for crash repairs and parts replacement?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I'm considering an MV for club racing and would like to more infos on which parts to purchase to be on par with the R6s in my organization. I had a PM exchange with @ZAGRacing and understand their F3 675 was stock with a racing ECU. A few questions from a first time club racer:

- Would you choose a 675 to compete in the midweight categories, or a 800 in heavyweight? Or an F4?
- Upgrade the suspensions to Ohlins? How good are the stock ones?
- How much higher is cost for crash repairs and parts replacement?
1. 675 in Supersport or Superstock or similar.
2. There are options other than Ohlins too.
3. Parts are plentiful, just check eBay. It might be more expensive that other bikes to start off with but after that it's similar in price to other brands.
Pick a class, join an race organisation and then study the class rules to make sure you're not spending money on things which might not be required.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are the R6 riders new racers too? Or you won't be competitive for a bit anyway, regardless of mods to an MV 675

1 - 4 of 4 Posts