MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to the MV Agusta Factory in Varese. The flight was ok and the weather was excellent. Once arrived I noticed that the people of the car rental company were retarded and Italian traffic sucks bigtime!

But those negative points were compensated by the fact that we were guided around the factory by 2 gorgeous woman.

Things I learned today:

-all the engine parts are made at the MVAgusta factory.
-every engine is handbuilt by 1 mechanic.
-once completed every engine undergoes a 20 min test at a dynostation. (I made a few pictures of the schedule).
-everyday 36 engines are completed.
-everyday 2 random engines are picked out and reved to the max to be later analised.
-in the new factory the engines are mounted in a frame.
-when finished, every bike is checked and putted on a Dyno station.

-they have stopped producing the F4-1000S. The F4-1000R is the replacement.
-they were finishing an orange Brutale. It will be presented at the Milan motofare and will be put in production.
-they are currently out of Brembo Superlight wheels. The old wheels are mounted on the F4-R and will be replaced when the Brmebo wheels come back in stock.

I took a lot of pictures. A lot of the factory, the 2 nice woman, the orange Brutale, etc... I will post them later this week.

After seeing the testfase of every engine, I ask myself: "why do we bother to brake in the engine...???"

For the guys interested: I asked an engineer: there are NO differences between the engine and exhaust system of the F4-R and the Senna.

Greets

·
Registered
419 Posts
Peet.. I appreciate you telling us all about your most interesting trip.. as i'm sure everyone would concur... I wish i would have been able to join you.

Now.. you know we are all fans of the MV. And.. most of us guys, even the married ones, are also fans of the females. So when you, or any man, has had the fortune of going to the MV factory, being made privy to whats going on at MV before the magazines, to take pictures of the factory and the new machines we will all eventually drool over.. AND have pics of hot italian girls.. Peet.. you don't feel like posting those pics today.. or tomorrow.. well.. Peet.. don't make me come to Italy and ... umm.. do something i'll regret! You post those pics NOW my friend.. NOW!!! Fuck later this week. Stay up an extra 10 minutes tonight. If you are performing brain surgery on the poor and needy.. then you'll have till the end of the week. If I see on CNN that you saved the free world from certain doom i'll give you till saturday.

What you conveniently left out was if you managed to ask either of the girls out???

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Sweet...no break-in required..see, the manual is all legal hokey pokey....you shoula also asked how and which way to "break in" the motor, since they have the crap beaten out of them from the factory...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Peet said:
Today I went to the MV Agusta Factory in Varese. The flight was ok and the weather was excellent. Once arrived I noticed that the people of the car rental company were retarded and Italian traffic sucks bigtime!

But those negative points were compensated by the fact that we were guided around the factory by 2 gorgeous woman.

Things I learned today:

-once completed every engine undergoes a 20 min test at a dynostation. (I made a few pictures of the schedule).
-everyday 2 random engines are picked out and reved to the max to be later analised.

-they were finishing an orange Brutale. It will be presented at the Milan motofare and will be put in production.
-they are currently out of Brembo Superlight wheels. The old wheels are mounted on the F4-R and will be replaced when the Brmebo wheels come back in stock.

I took a lot of pictures. A lot of the factory, the 2 nice woman, the orange Brutale, etc... I will post them later this week.

After seeing the testfase of every engine, I ask myself: "why do we bother to brake in the engine...???"

For the guys interested: I asked an engineer: there are NO differences between the engine and exhaust system of the F4-R and the Senna.

Greets
this is fascinating stuff
all engine built:
1. by hand
2. by 1 guy

that is amazing
i'm going to go out and spend some time with my brutale in the garage

thanks so much for telling us about your experience today

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Netizen:

1. if you wanna kick my ass 4 not posting the pics, I live in Belgium.

2. I took the pictures with a friends camera. I'll try to get the pictures 2 morrow (We made over 100)

3. No unfortunately I didn't ask her out, since I left the same day out of Italy.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oicdn said:
Oh...and Orange Brutale...sexy...can't wait for pics. Will is be a standard model or a "limited edition"???
Normal model.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Thanks for all that great info, how did you get on to the factory tour? Sounds like a fantastic day out...
Was there anything they did not allow you to photograph??

Looking forward to photos!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Peet.. an example of something i'll regret is.. spending too much money in order to get to Belgium to meet my fellow MV'rs so i can see the pictures, see the girls, drink your most excellent beer and hear your stories. When money is more plentiful... then i wont regret such a trip.

Whats this talk about ass kicking??? I would never even think of such a thing. Your only holding pics.. they aren't that good.. are they?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Peet said:
@Netizen:

1. if you wanna kick my ass 4 not posting the pics, I live in Belgium.

2. I took the pictures with a friends camera. I'll try to get the pictures 2 morrow (We made over 100)

3. No unfortunately I didn't ask her out, since I left the same day out of Italy.

do the best you can about those pictures...
what you have told us is worth even more than the images
but.... we'd still love to see them

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
398 Posts
Peet said:

Things I learned today:

Greets
Peet,

Can you give us any details as to how you arranged the visit, who you contacted, etc..

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
1 guy to build engines makes sense. That way you can't have people on the assmebly line screwing up and blaming someone else. Plus, a really good engine builder will have the right skill and feel for doing everything in the engine anyway. That would be a cool job to have for a few weeks or so. After that, I think it would get a little old...

This is really great info. Especially the fact that they run them in at the factory. That's all the break in they need. This is why they can ship them with synthetic oil I suppose...

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Peet said:

Greets
Thanks Peet, i have often felt running the engine in is more about the rest of the bike AND the rider.

That must have been one hell of a sales pitch carried out on the Senna owner in the "Senna V F4S" thread:jsm:

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
wow very impressive news...

So when are these pics going to show up? and how did you get the visit anyway?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Great post, Peet. Very interesting stuff. I'd love to know how you hooked it up, too.

There's really only 1 guy who builds engines? Isn't that a bit risky from an operational standpoint? What happens if he's sick, has a late night out drinking with the boys, quits, or worse?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts