1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Pretty nice review.....

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Saw the white one the other day at the dealer. Looks really good.

I just wish the bike were a little lighter/smaller as the trend is for the newer crop of liter bikes these days.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Yeah I am with you on the lighter. The heft is what gives me most trouble at least compared to the Ape. The flat spot at 10k is weird. Is it because of fueling or both that and the variable intake runners getting kind of stuck?

·
Registered
163 Posts
There's some really nice on board shots here of the Corsacorta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz2z9i37_3o&feature=related
Impressions:
Man the Aprilia sounds like the Repsol Hondas minus 4000 rpm! That top triple-clamp would drive me mad - U G L Y
Cables coming out of the Ducati forks would drive me mad - U G L Y
MV, well its a darn good weapon!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I don't know why they didn't make the f4 a lot lighter when the latest f4 came out. Sure it was lighter than the old F4 ,but it should have been 30kgs lighter.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Thanks for the vid. That Aprilia sounds fantastic! As does the MV of course! That Ducati...eh not so much. Wish I knew what he was saying in German.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well i have an F4 corsacorta... i was driving the new Ducati 1199 .... I hate guys from magazines...eitheir they are paid to lie... or they just dont feel the difference ????
Sure the bike feels light,,,, cool "ipad" in instruments.... But NO WAY ( and i am not a fan of F4 engine) the ducati is even near....to MV in engine department..... it is zero untill 8500 rpm ( not like before...1198 or 1098 ) and then it doesnt rev as near as the MV.... just clowns !

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
hehe interesting. The Panigale intrigues me with a love hate thing. I love the Tricolore and I would have gotten 1 is the date for the end but I listen to the small voice in the back of my head that was saying never ever buy a first year italian model. I am hoping next year there will be a substantial improvement in it and it needs to because they need to race in world superbike.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think that next year MV will do something special..... i mean the F4 RR engine as a lot of potential..... and i think that will be easy to solve....
the question for me...is more about the frame (weight) that needs some big change,,,,, the bike cannot be +20kg,,, then others.....

As for the Ducati....well a race bike...is always a race bike.... and the engines there are completly different.... just look for moto GP .... yamaha and honda are just away ahead... and in the streets... they both have the less powerfull engines....
i would pass on the ducati.....(electronics also look a step foward...when compared with the MV)

Maybe BMW will change the design ...i give them credit.... doesnt matter how you look at the bike,,,,, is always the ugliest bike ever made ! is not easy to do that !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts