MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a f4 1000r (07) that has developed a very slight fuel leak.

This all happened when i went out for a ride and filled in to the brim on the way back.

Since then, there has been a slight drip of fuel.

I managed to take the tank off and the plastic connectors were all dry - literally the entire bottom of the fuel pump was dry and the fuel leaks from between the base plate of the fuel pump and the tank. This leads me to think the fuel is leaking from the seal between the pump and tank?

Is this a common thing to develop? Does anyone know if the seals are widely stocked or am i looking at a 3 month wait? Or is there another issue i should look at before taking it apart?

Thanks

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Sounds like fuel pump plate Oring.Where do you live in the world so we can point you in the right direction to buy the Oring.

·
Registered
981 Posts
You may wish to tell people where you are as sources can be simplified to nearby ones or country specific suppliers. I was lucky enough to have a member of the forum post one from down the road even though I had been on here since breakfast. :)

The O rings you are after are : 4 5/8" ID; 4 7/8" OD; 1/8" Cross Section Diameter; Nitrile Buna N; 70 Durometer; O-Ring. Or just take the old one to a shop and have them replace it. Just make sure it is fuel resistant.
https://www.applied.com/apps/commerce/catalog/catalog.do?e=10&s=102197419&type=a

Apparently in America Mcmaster carr sell them readily available.

You may wish to read all of this thread:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/20-maintenance-tech-issues-all-4-cyl-models/39000-fuel-line-modification.html

It was the first thing I did when I got on this forum. The size of the topic has become alittle unwieldy and difficult to follow for a first timer, but is a gold mine.

You may wish to epoxy the lip as indicated in the instructions in there also.
It is very helpful for all things fuel tank. Because while you are in there you may as well change the other stuff if it is due in the next 6 months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I'm based in north London so welcome anyone who might know whether these rings are widely available.

I took a look at the guide - is it switching the fixings from plastic to metal the main one?

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Contact Design Corse.It is best to change to metal fittings while you are at it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
i think the o rings are common to other manufacturers (aprilia) cost me under £10.00 , read the maintenance section for useful hints when replacing the said o ring its easy to pinch it, I've changed mine a couple of times (f4 r 2008) and before I refit the tank I always part fill it over a large plastic bowl to check its integrity , don't ask me why I now do it !

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi all,

I have a f4 1000r (07) that has developed a very slight fuel leak.

This all happened when i went out for a ride and filled in to the brim on the way back.

Since then, there has been a slight drip of fuel.
Where did you see the fuel dripping from mate ? Was your external drain lines connected ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, i presume the external fuel lines are connected properly - assuming you mean the overflow line that leads to bottom of the sprocket cover?

Additionally, do i just order the o-ring from any mv agusta dealer or is there a "better" one to order from?

As for the metal fittings - is that the 4 for 80ish gbp ones? thats quite expensive considering.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
?

McMaster-Carr part numbers

large O-ring 9452K197 ~$8.00/ 25
small quick disconnect O-rings 9262K141 ~$6.00/100

you want CPC chrome plated BRASS male fittings

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·