MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all

I have an Mv Agusta F4 CORSACORTA year 2014 recently I have a problem the motorbike runs very well, but the concern, I have that I can no longer cut and have contact with the key, I have to disconnect the battery for please let the painting go out please help me

·
Administrator
19,518 Posts
Not sure the English translation went well. Suggest you post in your native tongue also.

Is your key not working with the immobilizer? Or is the bike not shutting down when you remove the key, and you have to disconnect the battery to make it stop running?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the ignition key does not light the dashboard, but it lights up by connecting the battery cable am forced to remove the postive cable to cut the indicator lights on the dashboard

non la clé de contact n'allume pas le tableau de bord ,mais il s allume en connectant le cable de la batterie suis obliger enlever le cable postif pour couper les voyant du tableau de bord

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
You should be removing the negative cable to kill power. Removing the positive can lead to a short that will ruin electrics.

I am not sure of the cause of your initial issue.

Was any maintenance done to the bike immediately prior?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should be removing the negative cable to kill power. Removing the positive can lead to a short that will ruin electrics.

ok thank you but why the power is no longer done by the ignition key

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

the fault would not come from the Solenoid under the saddle

·
Registered
138 Posts
If I am understanding correctly, the key no longer turns on the bike, the bike is always on, and the only way to turn it off is to disconnect the battery? Maybe you can check the bottom of the ignition barrel that the key goes into. There are electrical contacts in there and if it becomes detached, I can see it causing an issue like this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I am understanding correctly, the key no longer turns on the bike, the bike is always on, and the only way to turn it off is to disconnect the battery? Maybe you can check the bottom of the ignition barrel that the key goes into. There are electrical contacts in there and if it becomes detached, I can see it causing an issue like this.
View attachment 478207
yes it is I can neither turn on or off the dashboard with the ignition key I must disconnect the battery to turn off all the functions of the dashboard, a the motorcycle starts it drives well and everything works it's only this problem that I mentioned above

·
Administrator
19,518 Posts
Then your main switch is shorted internally and always "ON".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then your main switch is shorted internally and always "ON".
hello
here it is its I do not need to turn the key, I disconnect the battery to turn off the ignition on the dashboard, and to turn it on I reconnect the battery cable

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes! As "esq'z me" states: Your Key switch is damaged in the bottom - The electrical switch that the ignition key acts on does not turn with the key, This makes the switch keep the ignition on all the time.
You need to remove the key assembly, and maybe replace the switch part.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[
Yes! As "esq'z me" states: Your Key switch is damaged in the bottom - The electrical switch that the ignition key acts on does not turn with the key, This makes the switch keep the ignition on all the time.
You need to remove the key assembly, and maybe replace the switch part.
Hello

yes I think you are right, because the bike drives very well no anomaly or any light to light up on the dashboard, the only one that I did, I put grease bomb in the lock of the neimam I know if is the cause, in any case thank you for the messages I received

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello

is there a relay which manages the ON position of the key to switch on the dashboard

·
Administrator
19,518 Posts
The General Relay may be sticking??? Rather than disconnecting the battery cable try just removing the main fuse on the starter relay. That will achieve the same purpose and much easier.
Also try pulling the relay.
You can test the relays with an ohmmeter

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok because i noticed that the cable which is fixed on the relay below the saddle had warmed up a little, so can be as you said the relay stuck in position ON
The General Relay may be sticking??? Rather than disconnecting the battery cable try just removing the main fuse on the starter relay. That will achieve the same purpose and much easier.
Also try pulling the relay.
You can test the relays with an ohmmeter
ok because i noticed that the cable which is fixed on the relay below the saddle had warmed up a little, so can be as you said the relay stuck in position ON

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello
therefore the relay under the seat is protected by a 40 amp fuse also manages the ignition of the dashboard and the key in the ON position ??

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
The 40 amp fuse manages all load to the bike. There is a spare in a holder directly adjacent.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
That would not be an OPEN, that would be shorted CLOSED.

Overheating of those wires is a common issue in MV Agusta bikes of all models. Loose connections and poor battery voltage create high resistance and high current which creates high heat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my circuit remains open I can not turn it off with the key and neither turn it on I have to disconnect the 40 amp fuse to turn off the bike

1 - 20 of 44 Posts