MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2004 750f4sr,but some points are incorrect. Wrong colour wheels, incorrect exhaust, but does have correct shock(blue)correct clocks, and nameplate. I do know they were assembled from bit and pieces, so many permutations were available. I do have the vin number ZCGF401AD4V006790,but this also looks incorrect for a SR, can anybody help? Sorry about previous post, predictive text!!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi do you mean Spr? Spr must have 146 cv - 107 kw - 13.000 rpm
401AD should be 401BD
weigh should be 188 Kg
and must have the number of chassis the same like that on the triple
I can't see immagine, but i think is not the original spr
if you send me a liknk where to look the bike i can tell you in few hours if it's original or no

·
Registered
984 Posts
After you have written four posts, I think you can upload photos. With a photo, it's easier to help you.

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
Nup. Can't waste time. Got to catch up to 18,496 posts!!:grin2:
You forgot the word "useless".

Thanks for helping me start my list.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unable to open your MCN article, but the wheels are grey, and has the standard exhaust.i do know it was manufactured in 2004(tenth letter in vin )but the last 4 seem incorrect for a sr.

·
Registered
494 Posts
All the original SR's I've heard about (And it would seem that MV never actually did produce all 300 "limited edition" bikes ..) Have VIN numbers ending in xx69xx - Mine is xx6998 and not very long ago someone on this forum found an SR in the US with VIN xx6997 They are ALL 2004 -- But they were definitely built "From the parts bin" at MV --
Mine has the only 49 mm diameter Showa forks with black PVD coated stanchions I have seen, and it came that way from the factory ... along with an original "STR" 1999 Carbon seat unit and ORO adjustable rearsets. To "round it off" it also came with an SPR carbon ignition cover:smile2:

My take on this is that much less than 300 bikes were actually finished and sold from MV .. I know only 20 made it to the UK, and the same to Germany and Japan -- a few made it to Australia.
How many went to the US .. who knows -- MV ??

I have seen a few for sale that has a tri colour paintscheme "American" -- but are they an original MV paintjob?-- There is/was one for sale in Germany...

Maybe we could try to collect all the known SR VINs here on the forum .. could be interesting to see how many "real ones" we can find ..

·
Registered
15 Posts
All the original SR's I've heard about (And it would seem that MV never actually did produce all 300 "limited edition" bikes ..) Have VIN numbers ending in xx69xx - Mine is xx6998 and not very long ago someone on this forum found an SR in the US with VIN xx6997 They are ALL 2004 -- But they were definitely built "From the parts bin" at MV --
Mine has the only 49 mm diameter Showa forks with black PVD coated stanchions I have seen, and it came that way from the factory ... along with an original "STR" 1999 Carbon seat unit and ORO adjustable rearsets. To "round it off" it also came with an SPR carbon ignition cover

My take on this is that much less than 300 bikes were actually finished and sold from MV .. I know only 20 made it to the UK, and the same to Germany and Japan -- a few made it to Australia.
How many went to the US .. who knows -- MV ??

I have seen a few for sale that has a tri colour paintscheme "American" -- but are they an original MV paintjob?-- There is/was one for sale in Germany...

Maybe we could try to collect all the known SR VINs here on the forum .. could be interesting to see how many "real ones" we can find ..
Hello to everyone! I found a F4 750 and the seller claims that it is an SR. The VIN is ZCGF401AD4V006816. Everything else looks in order. The only this that concerns me is the fact that all SR's have BD4 on the VIN in stead of AD4.. Any help? Thanks guys

·
Administrator
21,098 Posts
Hi do you mean Spr?
401AD should be 401BD
According to misty5 (who is in Italy and I think has connections at the factory) "BD" is the SPR frame number. But, again, these were all parts bin bikes.

Interestingly, I own a "genuine" SPR (#275) and the VIN is ZCGAGFLJ54V100504

Where are you on the planet??

·
Registered
494 Posts
Regarding the "elusive SR" -- What I have found so far is that the originals all have parts in common with the SPR- Engine wise.. The Genuine SR's have an SPR engine -- Including the special SPR close Ratio gearbox and the same secondary drive ratio (Same sprockets as an SPR) The SR was ONLY made in 2004. There will be a sticker on the ECU with SPR printed on it.

They ALL have the white-faced rev counter with Ago "signature" in red AND they have a small bronze oval -SR- badge on the triple clamp top - Also they all have a Sachs rear shock with a BLUE spring - FRont forks are all Showa 49 mm - but mine is the only one with black PVD coating

I'm no authority on the VIN numbers though ... Its just that the four originals I know of all have the same last three of four digits: 699X -- That may just be coincidence-- I would have thought that the main (first) part of the VIN would be the same on ALL genuine SR's

·
Registered
163 Posts
According to misty5 (who is in Italy and I think has connections at the factory) "BD" is the SPR frame number. But, again, these were all parts bin bikes.

Hi, which year is your SPR, which color is your dashboard?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

Hi, which year is your SPR, which color is your dashboard?
Mine is US titled 2004 model year, the dials are white and have SPR written on them if i recall

·
Administrator
21,098 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
So why has a thread about identifying the F4 SR morphed into a thread about the SPR?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts