MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

It has been already a while since i became an addict of the MV AGUSTA design, and start appreciating it more once i learned about the history and the passion that goes into those bikes. I am mostly attracted by the first F4 design style and after some time looking for a nice model i managed to buy one a few days ago.

It is a 12/2008 - F4 1078 312 RR model in white/black colors.
I will keep posting here in the next few days about this bike and i will be looking forward to hear your feedback, as i want to make sure that is kept in a proper way and if there any parts on the bike can be improved ... ans so on.

Do you know the down sides of this model? It has now abut 10800 km (6700 miles).

Glad to be here on this forum and share my bike and thoughts with you!

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,716 Posts
there are no downsides. You may want to upgrade the ECU to a Microtec to smooth out the low speed fueling and help improve the heating. Keep in mind this is a bike built with a racing heritage and was not meant to be a long distance tourer. Take it to the local track or find the twisties and enjoy it. You will love it.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
Welcome to the family !!!

You have the acquired one of the arguably "best" 1st generation F4 built. A well sorted bike in stock form.

Service the rear hub, do NOT over tighten the chain or swing arm hub pinch bolts, and you should be fine. The rear hub is probably the only "weak" spot on the bike. Otherwise, just proper maintenance as per the manual recommendations is needed.

Number 2 mentioned a Microtec ECU as a good upgrade...he is correct. Contact Chris at X-Bikes in the UK for that, if you want it.

Enjoy !!!

Reactions: andr3i

·
Vendor
5,676 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I own the same model MV.
They are a beast,look after it service wise,download the manual from this site and enjoy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome!

Reset suspension to all stock settings before cursing it...the instructions are mind-numbing, they did not come setup to spec from the factory and guaranteed they are way off.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi mate, I rebuilt the same model from an accident write off, awesome bike you will enjoy it I am sure.

·
Vendor
5,676 Posts
Welcome!

Reset suspension to all stock settings before cursing it...the instructions are mind-numbing, they did not come setup to spec from the factory and guaranteed they are way off.
So true,my bike was 10mm too low in the rear and preload was too soft.:smile2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the welcoming and the messages, they are really helpful for starting the ownership of such a bike.
I just narrowed all the suggestions down bellow:

1. Reset suspension to all stock settings
2. Service the rear hub
3. do NOT over tighten the chain or swing arm hub pinch bolts
4. upgrade the ECU to a Microtec

I have tested a bit before i bought it but i could tell much from such a short ride. I will get the bike home in the next week or so and i will update you guys.
I know that there are some small changes done to the bike, like the hydraulic fork kit by ANDREANI and the slip clutch was replaced one year ago.
The tires need to be replaced, so if you guys have some suggestions (or if it's already a thread for it), i will be glad to hear from you.

Can't wait to take it out for a proper ride !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.