1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, im new here and a new owner of an MV Agusta F4 1000 2005

I bought this bike a few days ago

Well the problem goes as follows :

1.- Previous owner placed the battery back words so as you all can imagine there was an electrical short as a result and could not get the bike started so i started to do some research and found out there was a problem with a diode so this part of the problem has been solved and bike now runs..

2.- The other problem caused by this error is that in order to get the bike started the key has to be in the OFF position and to shut it off the key has to be in the ON position.... ( problem not solved yet )

3.- The battery goes dead after a short ride and the charging fuse ( 40 amp ) keeps on blowing

4.- Fans wont start at all

Please advice

:f4:

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Welcome.

I can't help with your problem other than to ask if you have done some searching on the forum. The reason I am asking is that I have seen several threads were owners have done the same thing with the battery. I will admit that I never kept up with the thread to see what all the issues were or how to fix them.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Welcome Erik. I moved your thread into this section so that your closer to all the solutions.
Download the manual from my site, tell us where you are, common problem and often very quickly solved.

·
Super Moderator
22,311 Posts
Erik, the shop manuals that Donsy provides have wiring diagrams and decent troubleshooting guides. Before you go tot the trouble and expense of replacing the wiring harness, with no guarantee of success, I'd suggest using the manual and good troubleshooting techniques to determine the cause.

There are things as simple as corroded or loose connections that can cause your symptoms.

Look at the diagrams and see what is common to your indications.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Is there a link to those manuals ?
The links to the Workshop manuals are at the top of almost every section on the forum Erik, take your time and have a look around, read the headings and sub-headings under each section and this will help you negotiate your way around easier.

This is just one of the threads involving the 1000S and battery/fuse/relay and diode problems http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184081&page=5 and I show you this so you can look at the drawings I made up for Martin, they will help you.

You said the diode was replaced, which one ? The blowing 40A fuse tells me you still have a diode problem somewhere, on some models you can have up to 3 diodes.

Did you remove the ignition on the bike at all, or replace any relays ? Your ignition problem should be real easy to find, I suspect a non compatible relay or wiring modification somewhere.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Thanks Andrew. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Donsy

I have no idea.... i have stripped like 60% of the harness and found nothing wrong...

Probably this will be the problem or the CDI is malfunctioning

·
Super Moderator
22,311 Posts
That should be ground.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts