MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Got my mv stolen yesterday on Lily street in San Francisco between 1.35pm and 1.55pm. I have a camera footage of those 2 thieves.
Please let me know if you see, hear of anything or if someone tries to sell a F4 (around 17100 miles).
Much appreciated.
Fred

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Damn!, sorry to hear about that.
Do you have pictures of the individuals you can post?
Pictures or video of the event? You never know, someone may recognize them eventually.

·
Administrator
19,819 Posts
So sorry to hear....did you share video with police? How about the media??? Ya never know, present the case to the news correctly and they may run with it as a public service announcement or other general interest piece.

I hope you can retrieve it but suspect we should all be watching eBay and Craig's List etc for sudden appearance of parts for sale. Insured ????

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts
Can you post your vin?
Is there anything that makes your bike unique?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks you guys for the help. Insured but but not against thief :( I can't use the video footage unfortunately, only the police.
The only thing I have is a bad picture of the screen that I have been provided.

Anything that could make the bike unique:

License Plate: MV EVO3
Acculing rear sets for mv F4 (Silver)
Small french flag on lower side fairing
Silver tire valve mv agusta (picture show them in black)
Italian rider seat
Rizoma oil caps filter red
Oberon fuel cap
CRG Roll a click clutch and front brake levers
Brand new back tire (100 miles old), New sprocket and chain ("gold" on the outisde not all black)
MV Agusta fork tube mount silver
All the original plastic parts were replace by carbon one.
No back passenger rearsets. ( i took them off)

No scratches or dents really. I really took care of it like my baby.

VIN number: ZCGAGFLJ....05730

Police report done at Company E (northern) 415-614-3400 ask for Officer Robinson

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP. I WANT THEM!

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ya!...When their leg is wrapped around their head! :bandit:

Reactions: NicholasF4

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the best. Just called the police station to see if could get the video footage back to put it on social media and here's the answer: " we can't give it to you in case you would know those guys and go after them". What the fuck is that?? So what, police protects thieves now?
I'm so angry at them now. Nothing makes sense.
Please reply to that if you're a police officer and give me a good reason for that.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The bike will most likely show up in some way. But, I'd imagine you won't like its condition when it does. Set up some notifications on ebay for parts matching your bikes special parts.

I really wish MV had a transponder key at least. I guess my bike is a sport bike so it would be garaged or ridden hard. I also get that adds battery drain to a bike that potentially just sits around.

The police don't want vigilante behavior. Going after the wrong person/people or committing a crime that is bigger than the original one for example.

MV needs to make parts more easily available... this is what MV owners have turned to!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Thanks you guys for the help. Insured but but not against thief :( I can't use the video footage unfortunately, only the police.
The only thing I have is a bad picture of the screen that I have been provided.

Anything that could make the bike unique:

License Plate: MV EVO3
Acculing rear sets for mv F4 (Silver)
Small french flag on lower side fairing
Silver tire valve mv agusta (picture show them in black)
Italian rider seat
Rizoma oil caps filter red
Oberon fuel cap
CRG Roll a click clutch and front brake levers
Brand new back tire (100 miles old), New sprocket and chain ("gold" on the outisde not all black)
MV Agusta fork tube mount silver
All the original plastic parts were replace by carbon one.
No back passenger rearsets. ( i took them off)

No scratches or dents really. I really took care of it like my baby.

VIN number: ZCGAGFLJ....05730

Police report done at Company E (northern) 415-614-3400 ask for Officer Robinson

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP. I WANT THEM!
Not insured for theft, which in the UK is most unusual, what cover did you have, Third Party only?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike. I know I would be completely distraught of someone stole Emma. She spends pretty much all of her time either on the road with me and in view if I park her somewhere or in my garage. But because I'm paranoid someone would take her when I least expect it I bought a wireless GPS tracker. I know that doesn't help you now but I think it's a great investment in the safety of your bike. Good ones are about $200. You can have all kinds of settings but I have it set so that if she is shaken for more than 2 seconds I get a text message. Even if they do manage to get her away from me it once it's moved it sends the GPS location every 10 seconds. You could literally follow the perps down the street or on Google maps. It works with both GPS and cell triangulation for location so even if it's in a building it can be located. The unit is battery operated, you can hard wire if you want but I don't want anyone to know where it is, and it costs about $10 every three months for data activation. I hope you get your bike back soon.

·
Vendor
5,333 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike.Hopefully the police do there job and get the bike back to you unmarked.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I live in the area. Unfortunately, most stolen bikes take a beating, but I can spot an F4 from half a mile away. You just don't see many. I'll leave a note of your plate number on my phone, and follow if I ever spot the bike...

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Thank you for your input. i actually looking for gps tracker right now. Can you tell me which one you are using?
Thank you.
Sorry Fred. I just saw this. I have an Itrack. I forget which model it is but it's easy to use and small enough to stow away where it can't be found easily.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just saw you posted pictures (may have seen your other post over at BARF). I'll keep an eye out, the livery stands out a mile away. Pretty sure I've seen you a few times around Hayes Valley before too. Best of luck man, it's a beautiful bike!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts