MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I heard that MV Agusta had decided to stop using MotoGB to import and deal with motorbikes in the UK. Is that correct or just a noise?

Not that I would be sad not to have to deal with MotoGB and happy to keep ordering my parts from Star Twin (which are doing an amazing work and are polite, nice and professional... what a change compared to MotoGB) but would be interesting to know whether MV Agusta has designed a better UK importer...

·
Registered
576 Posts
I would be very interested to hear if this is correct. Where did you get this from?

I know that Moto GB have just taken on Royal Enfield in the UK with the unfortunate loss of Watsonian Squire.

Dorian

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heard that from SouthernCross in London. Apparently MV would be wondering what is best between importing the bikes and dealing with parts themselves, or finding another importer. Frankly if I were MV, since Star Twin is good enough for parts I would ship the bikes directly to the customers in the UK and get a broader network of workshops to do maintenance work and warranty work.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
I'm going to miss some good friends in the parts dept..

It is correct.. MV are going the same route as other bike manufacturers and opting for a central parts distributor centre in Europe..

It's been on the cards for the last few years and dealers knew it was coming..

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Aprilia are ''centralising'' their spare parts facility......................only problem is I think it must be on another Planet :jsm:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would suggest that it isn't a matter of droping MotoGB per se, it is more along the lines of MV wishes to be a direct supplier in major countries rather than having a distributorship. Ducati and Moto Guzzi, to name just two significant brands, have gone through this in the past.
It wasn't easy for either but long term it has been beneficial.
So MV will be dealing direct in the UK but transition probably take until the autumn to complete; it isn't a quick switch process and that transition will take time. I do understand, however, that UK prices are likely to increase - look at the prices in mainland Europe, convert to GBP and then this will give a clue as to where they will be; about 10-15% higher. So now is a good time to buy a new one from dealer stock as new shipments from the factory may well have to be adjusted in price. And I'm not just saying that as I have a few in stock!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts