MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading to the dealer to see some of the goodies being bolted on to my '06 F4. He tells me the Corse Kit is in as well as the Titanium pipes. Not sure if they are still stripping the "old" stuff off or if they are installing the new bits already. I'm taking the camera so I'll post some pics later today. Stay tuned.

Steve

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from seeing the parts. They haven't started taking a part the stock bike yet as they are still waiting for the Titanium midpipe. He did have my Titanium pipes and they will look sick...and they weigh next to nothing. We unwrapped a few of the pieces including the side fairing, the front fender, and the seat. I will post pictures of these as soon as I get them off the camera. Someone said in another post that they had a pink tone to them. My impression was that the color was more of a safety orange color...almost florescent. It'll definitely be a terrific looking bike when everything is together. And, yep, I do get to keep all of the original parts...the Corse kit even comes with a new tank and mirrors (it has to, the color is so different that there's no way anyone would want to ride it in red/orange livery).

BTW, I got so carried away at the dealership that I also bought an '06 Ducati 749R. So now I can join in on all the discussion about Ducati's asthetics on the other thread! :p

Stay tuned...I'll have the pics in a bit. I am also working on some MV Wallpapers for everyone...will post those in the next day or so also.

Steve

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Steve, you are one, very lucky guy. Congrats on your new purchase! Post up some pictures of the new Duc when you get the chance!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Corse kit bits pics now in the gallery

Okay, I just posted pics to the gallery. Only a 3-4 were worth posting but you'll get an idea of what it'll look like. We didn't open up much of the carbon fiber pieces and the few shots I took didn't turn out...but I can tell you the cf work looks excellent.

Steve

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Nice pics and congrats on the new purchase <insert jealous smilie>...I need to srtart making more money :mad:

I look forward to hearing how you like it.

Btw it was me that thought it had a pinkish hue but it could have been the lighting in the store, I could see the color being more as you describe it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, the dealer said the same thing without me even mentioning your comment...so it must be there, I just don't see it. Guess love is blind. :love:

I am really looking forward to riding it, waiting for it to get done is killing me! But, I think I'm picking up the 749R on Saturday so at least I'll have *something* to ride until the *real thing* is ready. :rolleyes:

Steve

·
Registered
975 Posts
congrats for the corse!! one of my favourite color scheme!!!! the seat seems different than on official pictures, they had a little silver part beetween white and red , no?
HERE A LITTLE BEAUTIFULL PICTURE!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Do you have larger versions of that picture (or others relating to it) that you could upload to the user submission area in the gallery?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Congrats :)

Did you just bought the Corse or you installed a Corse kit on a regular F4?

In all honesty, i'm not fond of the Corse paint scheme.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Just fantastic, really looking forward to seeing the build, as the Corse is still an option for myself.

Exciting times!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alkatraxx said:
congrats for the corse!! one of my favourite color scheme!!!! the seat seems different than on official pictures, they had a little silver part beetween white and red , no?
HERE A LITTLE BEAUTIFULL PICTURE!!!!!!!!!
Alkatraxx-

Thanks for the comments and the picture. I'll post more as I have them. We want to see the White Edition F4 also! The seat does have a small line of silver between the red and white...if you click on the picture in the gallery you will see a little larger version where the silver is visible.

Steve

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MV-999R said:
Congrats :)

Did you just bought the Corse or you installed a Corse kit on a regular F4?

In all honesty, i'm not fond of the Corse paint scheme.
MV-999R-

Thanks...now I'm just like you...well almost...I didn't want to try to ride a 999R on the track...hence the 749R. The Corse stuff only comes as a kit as far as I am aware...so it is all being installed now. No worries about not liking the paint scheme...everyone has their preferences.

Steve

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
sgcullen said:
MV-999R-

Thanks...now I'm just like you...well almost...I didn't want to try to ride a 999R on the track...hence the 749R. The Corse stuff only comes as a kit as far as I am aware...so it is all being installed now. No worries about not liking the paint scheme...everyone has their preferences.

Steve
Ah, so you just bought that 749R on those pics? Double congrats then :)

And for how long have you had your F4? Or you just bought both bikes now?

As for the Corse scheme, sure i was just giving my view. Like you say, everyone has their preferences. :)

BTW what have you done to the stock F4 fairings? Trade them in with the Corse kit?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I got crazy at the dealership and just had to buy a track/race bike. I get all of the stock MV stuff...fairings, tail section, seat, mirrors, tank, and wheels. Heck, I could build a whole new MV out of the left overs. I imagine I will put it all on eBay...we're out of room to store all of this stuff!

Steve

1 - 20 of 38 Posts