MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2007 MV Agusta Corse (300 worldwide) from Dolomiti Racing in Conegliano (IT) back in August. I am an American living in Italy so I ordered a US spec bike. It finally arrived in December. When I picked it up, it was missing the leather red seats, cover, alarm, plaque, and certificate. The dealer assured me that the rest would arrive in one week. Well, several weeks went by and I called him numerous times and went to the shop, but it was the same old story and nothing ended up coming in. I thought something was funny when the tank was leaking fuel from the weld on the tank and Dolomiti Racing replaced the tank in only a few days. I didn't understand how they could get a new tank so quick. After all these problems, I decided to visit San Marino and ask them for myself. I spoke with Maria Pia and Andrea Tamburini and they verified that the Corse was not purchased through them and that my Corse was not an authentic kit. Tamburini called my dealer directly and the dealer got nervous and blamed everything on the factory in Varese. I then called Varese and spoke with Danielle and Dr. Bianchi and they both verified that Dolomiti Racing only ordered the 1000R model and they have no idea where he got the Corse fairings (kit) from.

After presenting this information to the dealer, he was very nervous and ended up calling MV Agusta Corse in San Marino and ordered the real kit. The problem is that the kit will take a few weeks to make and I leave here at the end of this month. This dealer has not been honest and he definitely try to scam me on this whole deal. I don't think he ever thought that I would go to the factory to verify if the bike was real or not.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???????

·
Registered
165 Posts
You have a responsibility to yourself, Mv Agusta Corse and us, to report this fraud to the police. Take back to bike to the shop, and say that this is not the product you ordered and paid for, that you expect a real Corse to be delivered to your address in US, with all cost paid, and a compensation in return, for your emotional stress.

Seek legal support in order to draft the paperwork, those punks should sign.

I am flabbergasted, and expect you to keep us in the loop!

Johnnie

toves33 said:
I ordered a 2007 MV Agusta Corse (300 worldwide) from Dolomiti Racing in Conegliano (IT) back in August. I am an American living in Italy so I ordered a US spec bike. It finally arrived in December. When I picked it up, it was missing the leather red seats, cover, alarm, plaque, and certificate. The dealer assured me that the rest would arrive in one week. Well, several weeks went by and I called him numerous times and went to the shop, but it was the same old story and nothing ended up coming in. I thought something was funny when the tank was leaking fuel from the weld on the tank and Dolomiti Racing replaced the tank in only a few days. I didn't understand how they could get a new tank so quick. After all these problems, I decided to visit San Marino and ask them for myself. I spoke with Maria Pia and Andrea Tamburini and they verified that the Corse was not purchased through them and that my Corse was not an authentic kit. Tamburini called my dealer directly and the dealer got nervous and blamed everything on the factory in Varese. I then called Varese and spoke with Danielle and Dr. Bianchi and they both verified that Dolomiti Racing only ordered the 1000R model and they have no idea where he got the Corse fairings (kit) from.

After presenting this information to the dealer, he was very nervous and ended up calling MV Agusta Corse in San Marino and ordered the real kit. The problem is that the kit will take a few weeks to make and I leave here at the end of this month. This dealer has not been honest and he definitely try to scam me on this whole deal. I don't think he ever thought that I would go to the factory to verify if the bike was real or not.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???????

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I would use your contact at the factory to pressure the dealer if he does not perform.

Can they source the bodywork kit already produced from somewhere else? No one has one sitting on a shelf somewhere?

One scenario is once you get in the states, take your bike to a different dealer to have the real kit installed and they could ship your bodywork back to the original dealer.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would personally return the bike to that dealer and demand a full refund. I wouldn't want to re-order anything from them, not even if they gave it to me way below dealer cost. Maybe the legal system should have a crack at them!!!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It sounds like the guy is scum and you best not give him another chance to screw you or any body within ear shot of you.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures of the Corse are in my profile. As you will see, it looks like the real thing. I have already spoken to a lawyer, but he says to resolve the problem civil without the law first. I was going to dmand that they pay for shipping of the motorcycle back to the states if it is not complete in time. Regardless, I was thinking about going to the Guardia di Finanza and the Carabinieri to file reports and then seek support from a lawyer. My time is getting short here and I need to act quickly regardless. I would hate to return the bike because I have always dreamed of owning an MV Agusta, but they are way more expensive in the states.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Juan, sorry to hear that this is how it turned out. If possible, I would just give everything back to the dealer and tell him you want a full refund and a "fee" for the trouble he's caused you (...in exchange for not bringing the authorities in on it). I hope you get your REAL Corse someday soon. All the best.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
since you are short of time, here's my suggstions:

1. have the shop that tried to screw you return the bike BACK to 100% stock form, with all 100% certified original MV parts. they should be able to do that in a very short time. once u get the bike back, maybe take it to another dealer to have them do a quick inspection to make sure everything is OK and original. you just can't trust the people that did the work the first time and need this verificaiton, imho

2. contact varese, and tell MV people EXACTLY what one of the dealers in their dealer network is doing to customers, not to mention how this dealer is also totally screwing MV itself. as bad as this is for you the consumer, it's even worse for MV!

3. ask the factory for assisstance is getting the corse kit and have it shipped to a USA dealership closest to the point you will end up when you get stateside. contact that dealership and tell them what is going on - that they will be receiving a corse kit for your bike, which they need to hold onto until you get over here and have it put on.

3b. if you can get a corse kit in italy, just have another dealer put it on for you. again, i would suggest you work with MV in varese to find a dealer they recommend.

4. ship your bike to the usa!

in terms of damages and getting monetary compenstion from the dealer that started all this, unless you have the time and the gumption to navigate a foreign leagal system, which may not have the consumer protection laws that the US has, you're probably best off just getting your bike back to 100% factory form, and getting as far away from those bad guys as possible. and of course tell MV excatly what these guys did.

that's my suggestion. i hope something in there helps!

please keep us posted on how this turns out! and don't get discouraged. while this dealer may have tried to fcuk you, that in no way reflects on the bike itself, which is a pleasure to ride beyonds words.

alex

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
+1 to all the above. PLUS...

The bulk of the dealer's business comes from Italian customers... Post your story on an Italian MV board. Get an Italian speaking friend to help you if needed. Make sure the dealer knows of the posting and tell him you will continue to update until this is resolved to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Wow this is a horrible story to hear from an actual dealer. Do your best to get it known. I agree with what others say here. They need to be punished for doing such a thing!!! It is completely ridiculous to be ripped off from a dealer with FAKE parts.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for all your suggestions! I will definitely take all your comments into consideration. I went back to the dealer yesterday and here is the story.

As we were talking to him, the salesman said that they mailed me the original invoice showing that they ordered the Corse from the factory. I told him that I never received anything in the mail. The owner showed up minutes later and the entire story changed. Come to find out, the letter that they mailed was an apology letter for what was happening. I asked to the see mail receipt and the wrong address was on the receipt. Apparently, the owner told the salesman to sell me the painted bike from his friend for a good price, but the salesman never relayed that message. The whole time the salesman told me that I was getting the real thing from San Marino and I even had him sign a printout of the real one that I wanted. Needless to say, the owner and the dealer were doing a whole lot of arguing last night, but they are both fraudulent if you ask me.

In a nutshell, they showed me the invoice that they ordered the authentic kit from San Marino. I called San Marino to verify and they said the kit will be ready in two weeks. I leave here soon and I hope that the bike will be ready by then. The owner told me that they will ship the bike back to the states for me at no cost if the bike is not ready in time. Bothe San Marino and Varese know of the situation and I hope that they act on this to protect us. They have a lot more power to do more than any of us. I will be sure to spread the word about this company so that this does not happen to others. If any of you know better ways to handle this, please let me know. I am all ears at this point.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hello, Are you gonna leave for the States and leave the bike at the dealer? Do you trust that he is gonna ship the bike back to the US? Please don't be so naive, sorry to say that to you. You should consult a lawyer. PM pigiolino, he might be able to help you. He knows people...Get the bike in standard form , ship it yourself back to the US, get back the difference on the money (between the R and Corse model). And order the Corse from the US. I suggest your next visit to the dealer should be with a lawyer. Don't trust people they F...ed you on the first place. SAD SAD think that creates bad reputation :jerkoff:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My vehicles and household stuff gets shipped out in two weeks, but I do not fly out of here until the end of March. So, I will be here to make sure it gets shipped out. If all else fails, I have really good friend here who have already been helping me out. Regardless, I will speak to a lawyer when before all this is done.

·
Registered
419 Posts
....Now I am calm..... In that case wait till the CORSE kit arrives, and you can Ship the bike yourself...People think that money comes easily and they are trying to rip you off. At least this is what is happening here in Europe cause we don't have strict consumer laws to protect us. If this think happened in the US or the U.K they would close down the business. Thanks for Sharing...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Probably already been said, but I would not communicate personally with them at all from here on, do any further discussions via a lawyer. Hope it works out

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The owner called again this morning and said that the "Corse Kit" will arrive tomorrow and the bike will be ready on Monday. I plan on taking the bike to San Marino once it is complete to have them inspect it before I ship it back to the states. San Marino said that they will inspect it for me for free. Regardless, I will consult with a lawyer.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I've nothing really to add based on what our other friends here on the site have already said Juan, but you did absolutely the right thing by talking to the factory about your concerns. I hope the story has a happy ending and the dealer who got the 'Corse' for you is going to have some serious egg on his face. :nutkick:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts