MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike is top notch. It has really changed my idea of what a bike is capable of, damn near perfection. So why is the computer interface the worst I have ever seen? Its a tragic thing to do to such a othwise beautiful machine. Am I the only one who thinks this system is overly complicated?

Press set for four seconds then press the ok button for two seconds then press it again for less than four seconds until the trip appears then stick your left foot in and shake it all about.

Maybe it makes sense if your Italian?

That's the end of my rant.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ridiculous aint it? Finally got trip reset worked out, top button 1 long 1 short press, bottom button long press x 2. I have to get the book out for anything else, TC is set on 4, had it cut in once that i know of, on a wet road, very subtly & smoothly. Apart from that I'm loving my 1090!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awful! and it doesn't even follow the manual instructions, not a bit. To the point I asked the dealer if this manual was for that bike...
Should a trip reset take more than 2 secs???
Shame as it is such a lovely bike!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Welcome to the world of Italian electrics and logic - it's called character...
Still putting a smile on my face every time I ride though.

From my point of view, the one thing I really miss is a clock. It is easy to lose track of time, particularly when my usual haunts are across 2 different time zones (daylight saving). It's not nice salivating over thoughts of a nice pub steak and chips, only to arrive to find the kitchen closed. :(

·
Registered
449 Posts

From my point of view, the one thing I really miss is a clock. It is easy to lose track of time, particularly when my usual haunts are across 2 different time zones (daylight saving). It's not nice salivating over thoughts of a nice pub steak and chips, only to arrive to find the kitchen closed. :(
+1,000,000

....What IS the story with no clock.....my 7 year old F4 has one???

I go for regular LONG rides and I like to know what time it is or how I'm travelling.:cussing:

·
Registered
26 Posts

I found for $ 15 ;)

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Thanks for that. I have been looking on the bike for a place to do something like that.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I completely agree!
I miss my gas gauge and my clock. I've have not had a shift indicator for decades, but why not? A simple trip odometer seems like a no brainer. Can't we get an app. for that?
If anyone has the manufacturing and design expertise to create a replacement please do it and send one to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ridiculous aint it? Finally got trip reset worked out, top button 1 long 1 short press, bottom button long press x 2. I have to get the book out for anything else, TC is set on 4, had it cut in once that i know of, on a wet road, very subtly & smoothly. Apart from that I'm loving my 1090!
Really? I'm going to run down to the garage and try this! I've just been memorizing the mileage when I fill up. It's a helluva lot easier than trying to reset the trip meter!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I completely agree!
I miss my gas gauge and my clock. I've have not had a shift indicator for decades, but why not? A simple trip odometer seems like a no brainer. Can't we get an app. for that?
If anyone has the manufacturing and design expertise to create a replacement please do it and send one to me.
Eee?

1078 does have clock and trip odometer aboard. In fact, it has TWO trip meters. With engine running, press the start button and cycle through functions. To reset the trip meter, depress the start button for two second until it starts blinking, than depress it again. It is now reseted to zero.

Very easy actually.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To reset the trip meter, depress the start button for two second until it starts blinking, than depress it again. It is now reseted to zero.

Very easy actually.
Sounds good, I think that procedure changes the engine management from normal to sport on a 1090. Reseting the trip is stupid complicated. I haven't even tried to figure out the track computer, that's a whole 'nother boat load of instructions.

I'm glad they did it right on the 1078.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here is the easiest method to reset the trip (1090rr)...

I don't like messing with the buttons on the console. The pressure required to actuate them is significant as in break-the-PC-board-all the-plastic-is-creaking-significant...

Next time you want to reset the trip just remove the main seat and unplug the four prong connector from the solenoid. Wait 2sec, then plug it back in. Your trip is reset... Since there is no clock :cry: to flash "12:00" at you on the way home all is good...

Yeah, I know it sounds like a lot of work but its like 15 seconds total...

·
Registered
18 Posts
You pay anything between 11 and 14 grand (UK) and you've got to get a cheap tacky time piece to stick some where. There's something not right there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Time is Irrelevant whilst riding an MV

(that said. i think its piss poor that my uber expensive marquee model only has a very basic dash display, whilst my very cheap Yamaha as the bestest fucking dash ever as it has ever thing you need and nothing more)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts