1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
buying and turning over a CC? thats sad :(

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
If anyone is interested in this bike and don't have a way to see it I would be more than happy to go look at it for you. I'm in the area. I think the biggest prob with this bike is the scratch on the swingarm.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Lesson Learned?

I know this guy bought same one and don't even ride, just put it inside his loft.....
For the love of God, stop buying motorcycles as a means of investment. You are not a motorcycle collector because you own an MV.

Bobby, these comments aren't directed at you, just riding on your coat tails.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Why did that bike go so cheaply if it was $120K new? Is it just the scratches or is there something else behind it?

That seems like a terrible loss for a 3-year-old bike that cost so much new.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Variety of reasons: Economic climate, the bike had faults, ebay is not the best place to sell that kind of bike in that condition - it should have been restored to original condition, which would have been simple.
If you're a collector you'd most likely be looking for the complete bike / jacket / watch that came with the F4CC. The bike would need to be in better shape.
The bike that sold on ebay is a rough example of the F4CC and without doubt someone took a flogging on the original price, which would most likely have been less than $120,000. It may help to remember that some people spend $120,000 like I might spend $1,200 - it's simply relative.
Frankly, I'm pleased the seller didn't recieve a premium for this bike - he was simply interested in making a quick buck.
If you want a truly collectable MV F4, buy Massimo Tamburini's Veltro, just my opinion.
Dave.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Watch and Jacekt not included

The MSRP of $120k included a watch and jacket. Several customers didn't want the watch or jacket. Not sure how much that reduced the total cost, but a little over a year ago there was a brand new CC for sale at an MV dealer for $60k (without jacket or watch). It didn't sell. So that should give you an idea of how much these actually sold for.

Even though the CC that sold was #90 of 100, all 100 have not been sold or made available for sale. In other words, there are several brand new CCs out there still in their crate at a dealership or at an MV factory.

Why did that bike go so cheaply if it was $120K new? Is it just the scratches or is there something else behind it?

That seems like a terrible loss for a 3-year-old bike that cost so much new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts