MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to find MV Agusta Brutale leather jacket. Super cool. Lightly used. Sold my brutale a while back. Hoping to go to a good home. Size Large. No armor.

Asking $350 shipped.

email me for faster response: [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have this jacket and it is a beauty. easy to add armor to is you have some to spare.
nice details and inner pockets. fits like a normal large, but shorter in length than my Dainese.
Looks like it still has the removable liner which is good.
would help to add your location. good luck with sale.

Reactions: theknurl

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you... jacket located in NW Ark and available for local pick up at a discount.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Tempted... may I ask a few questions please?

-- zippers all work?
-- size Large can be all over the place, what size dress jacket do you wear? 42? 44? I have found European sizing often to run very different than USA...

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zipper all work...

Size wise I wear 54 from Dainese (snug) and about a 44 comfortably on sport coats. I have a 43-44" chest and I weight 195lb (about 5 9). With the lines this jacket fits closely to my Dainese jacket. See pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Cat of TEXAS,

I think the jacket is just too large for me. I wear a 42 jacket, 5 ft 5 inches, and about 160 pounds... dang it.
Somebody will grab it. Thanks for pictures.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cat of TEXAS,

I think the jacket is just too large for me. I wear a 42 jacket, 5 ft 5 inches, and about 160 pounds... dang it.
Somebody will grab it. Thanks for pictures.
If you wear 42 you are not too far off. I am 44 / 54 and it's snug fit, as you can see on the pic.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you wear 42 you are not too far off. I am 44 / 54 and it's snug fit, as you can see on the pic.
Im a 42/43 and have the same jacket except in black, it fits very well, and it LASTS well, I have had mine since 2003, wear it regular on bike with armor added, it is a good buy

·
Registered
561 Posts
SAROY

Hmm, interesting comment. Ok, Cat of TX may I ask: does the leather jacket smell of tobacco, etc? Or does it smell clean like a dead cow skin? Last question: is it Italian made, or China, or other? I am inclined to honor my Italian genetics.

I will make a final decision after a bit more data. Sorry, but I am an engineer by training.

molte grazie...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Cat of TX:

Replied to your email... I think the red jacket color would go nicely with my yellow and black Dragster RR...

Lucydad

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cat of TX:

Replied to your email... I think the red jacket color would go nicely with my yellow and black Dragster RR...

Lucydad
Got your note and provided details.
Yes made in Italy by MV Agusta. No smells.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Im a 42/43 and have the same jacket except in black, it fits very well, and it LASTS well, I have had mine since 2003, wear it regular on bike with armor added, it is a good buy
SAROY,

You mention you added armor: may I ask for details on armor? Brand, how added? Etc. I likely will add a back protector and elbows for actual riding. This jacket will not sit in my closet, at least in cooler/dryer weather.

Grazie...

·
Registered
561 Posts
mine mine mine... but too hot/humid to ride with it right now... will sit until October...

·
Registered
210 Posts
SAROY,

You mention you added armor: may I ask for details on armor? Brand, how added? Etc. I likely will add a back protector and elbows for actual riding. This jacket will not sit in my closet, at least in cooler/dryer weather.

Grazie...
Grazie;
No; I did not add armor, armor was already fitted, came with the jacket when purchased new, it also comes with removable liner, I keep it in as live in Scotland, but its zipped and can be removed for warmer countries.
The armour is fitted to elbows and shoulders, I will take a pic or two later this morning to show you.

Reactions: lucydad

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here we go, pics;
had this jacket since 2003, it wears well and has been used regular on the bikes

I looked at the armour, no name on it and attached via Velcro for both shoulders and elbows, as you see from pics there is a warm quilted liner too, which is zipped and can be removed.

Attachments

Reactions: lucydad

·
Registered
561 Posts
SAROY,

Thanks very much for excellent pictures! I am going to look into some elbow/shoulder/back armor for the MV jacket. I feel a bit safer with the extra protection. Our weather here on the Gulf Coast of TX swung from spring to almost summer. So, I am wearing my Tourmaster mesh jacket to deal with heat/humidity. If we have a rare cool-dry morning, and I get up early enough, I will ride with MV leather jacket.

·
Registered
210 Posts
SAROY,

Thanks very much for excellent pictures! I am going to look into some elbow/shoulder/back armor for the MV jacket. I feel a bit safer with the extra protection. Our weather here on the Gulf Coast of TX swung from spring to almost summer. So, I am wearing my Tourmaster mesh jacket to deal with heat/humidity. If we have a rare cool-dry morning, and I get up early enough, I will ride with MV leather jacket.

nice to hear you have good weather, this morning we had 6 degrees which rose to a lovely warm 25 degrees this afternoon, its good to get out on the roads when weather is nice.
hope you get your body armour.

saroy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts