MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to find MV Agusta Brutale leather jacket. Super cool. Lightly used. Sold my brutale a while back. Hoping to go to a good home. Size Large. No armor.

Asking $350 shipped.

email me for faster response: [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have this jacket and it is a beauty. easy to add armor to is you have some to spare.
nice details and inner pockets. fits like a normal large, but shorter in length than my Dainese.
Looks like it still has the removable liner which is good.
would help to add your location. good luck with sale.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Tempted... may I ask a few questions please?

-- zippers all work?
-- size Large can be all over the place, what size dress jacket do you wear? 42? 44? I have found European sizing often to run very different than USA...

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zipper all work...

Size wise I wear 54 from Dainese (snug) and about a 44 comfortably on sport coats. I have a 43-44" chest and I weight 195lb (about 5 9). With the lines this jacket fits closely to my Dainese jacket. See pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Cat of TEXAS,

I think the jacket is just too large for me. I wear a 42 jacket, 5 ft 5 inches, and about 160 pounds... dang it.
Somebody will grab it. Thanks for pictures.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cat of TEXAS,

I think the jacket is just too large for me. I wear a 42 jacket, 5 ft 5 inches, and about 160 pounds... dang it.
Somebody will grab it. Thanks for pictures.
If you wear 42 you are not too far off. I am 44 / 54 and it's snug fit, as you can see on the pic.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you wear 42 you are not too far off. I am 44 / 54 and it's snug fit, as you can see on the pic.
Im a 42/43 and have the same jacket except in black, it fits very well, and it LASTS well, I have had mine since 2003, wear it regular on bike with armor added, it is a good buy

·
Registered
416 Posts
SAROY

Hmm, interesting comment. Ok, Cat of TX may I ask: does the leather jacket smell of tobacco, etc? Or does it smell clean like a dead cow skin? Last question: is it Italian made, or China, or other? I am inclined to honor my Italian genetics.

I will make a final decision after a bit more data. Sorry, but I am an engineer by training.

molte grazie...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Cat of TX:

Replied to your email... I think the red jacket color would go nicely with my yellow and black Dragster RR...

Lucydad

·
Registered
416 Posts
Im a 42/43 and have the same jacket except in black, it fits very well, and it LASTS well, I have had mine since 2003, wear it regular on bike with armor added, it is a good buy
SAROY,

You mention you added armor: may I ask for details on armor? Brand, how added? Etc. I likely will add a back protector and elbows for actual riding. This jacket will not sit in my closet, at least in cooler/dryer weather.

Grazie...

·
Registered
210 Posts
SAROY,

You mention you added armor: may I ask for details on armor? Brand, how added? Etc. I likely will add a back protector and elbows for actual riding. This jacket will not sit in my closet, at least in cooler/dryer weather.

Grazie...
Grazie;
No; I did not add armor, armor was already fitted, came with the jacket when purchased new, it also comes with removable liner, I keep it in as live in Scotland, but its zipped and can be removed for warmer countries.
The armour is fitted to elbows and shoulders, I will take a pic or two later this morning to show you.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here we go, pics;
had this jacket since 2003, it wears well and has been used regular on the bikes

I looked at the armour, no name on it and attached via Velcro for both shoulders and elbows, as you see from pics there is a warm quilted liner too, which is zipped and can be removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
SAROY,

Thanks very much for excellent pictures! I am going to look into some elbow/shoulder/back armor for the MV jacket. I feel a bit safer with the extra protection. Our weather here on the Gulf Coast of TX swung from spring to almost summer. So, I am wearing my Tourmaster mesh jacket to deal with heat/humidity. If we have a rare cool-dry morning, and I get up early enough, I will ride with MV leather jacket.

·
Registered
210 Posts
SAROY,

Thanks very much for excellent pictures! I am going to look into some elbow/shoulder/back armor for the MV jacket. I feel a bit safer with the extra protection. Our weather here on the Gulf Coast of TX swung from spring to almost summer. So, I am wearing my Tourmaster mesh jacket to deal with heat/humidity. If we have a rare cool-dry morning, and I get up early enough, I will ride with MV leather jacket.

nice to hear you have good weather, this morning we had 6 degrees which rose to a lovely warm 25 degrees this afternoon, its good to get out on the roads when weather is nice.
hope you get your body armour.

saroy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts