·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh dear... I sooo want one :smoking:

·
Registered
742 Posts
It's nice to have something to look for.
I hate it, i wish they would have never launched this bike. Mine is only six months old and i'm kind of thinking about swapping it for the RR. :thewife:
Dutch prices are still unknown but it will probably be around 15.500 euro's. I'll probably get around 9000 euro's back for the B3. 6500 euro's is a large amount of money.

And i've invested around 3250 euro's in my B3. That's all going down the drain, allthough i would transfer most parts onto the RR. Most carbon parts, rearset, tailtidy, radial master cylinder and blinkers.

If my B3 stays then i'm going to invest some more in her. It all depends on what the RR is like suspension wise. If it's the same rear shock then my bike is staying 100%. If the front suspension is only slightly better then i'm keeping her also.
Don't forget power, i want more lower and midrange power. I'm not looking for 2-stroke like power or even the F3 power plant.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I agree Lacsap, I certainly haven't found myself thinking "I wish this bike had an extra 15hp"

Apart from its looks and wheels it doesn't really have anything I would want on my bike, not bothered about the extra power, not bothered about ABS, not bothered about auto blipper or a steering damper. If the suspension is better quality then that would be nice but I could achieve that spending £500 on new fork internals and to be honest once set up right the rear shock isn't a bad unit :)

Over here it's an extra £2000, this prices it against the BMW S1000R Sport. Now I know that's not everyone's cup of tea but I couldn't discount it with its far more advanced electronics, suspension and heated grips :laughing:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping that gold gront end meant it had top spec Ohlins all round...??
That would cost thousands alone to add to mine & from other bike feedback, usually makes for a big improvement over stock suspension.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I was hoping that gold gront end meant it had top spec Ohlins all round...??
That would cost thousands alone to add to mine & from other bike feedback, usually makes for a big improvement over stock suspension.

The gold is Ohlins looky likey :) a bit like the MT-09 :laughing:

It is supposed to be improved though, with nickel coated forks by the looks of it but I don't know if or how much the internals are improved?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Ackers, that said i'm keeping mine!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I think you'd benefit more from spending £500 on getting the forks you've got re worked? ;)
I've been looking into that for a while now. Except i've been looking for a rear shock because it's not performing constant. Sometimes it's fine and at other times it's all over the place. :) Rear shock is 90% certain to be replaced by a Bitubo XXF1, not only due to performance but also looks. :mouthwate

Front will probably be re worked. I like the Bitubo works but it's a lot of cash, i have to make some calls to see what's cheaper/better for road use. :jerkoff:

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I'm still sticking to my year long prediction that the Brutale B4 will fade away, and the 3-cylinder engine will become the defacto engine in all Brutales, while the 4-cylinder engine will become exclusively used by the F4. Just my prediction. If you ride a B4 and then ride a 3 cylinder 800cc MV, you'll quickly notice how much more nimble the 800 is, and how usable the power band is on the street. I'm not saying the B4 isn't a great bike, I just think that riders will appreciate the lighter weight, lower insurance, and ride-ability of the 800cc triples.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
No question the 1078cc engine has torque on demand, but at the price points that the Brutale 1090's are hitting in the US, MV is getting its lunch eaten in sales by the V4 Tuono, the BMW S1000R and the KTM SuperDuke R 1290.

The SuperDuke is the new king of the naked superbikes, with torque well in excess of the B4 1090. Motorcycle publications aren't even including the B4 in recent naked superbike shootout comparisons.

I realize MV's strategy for the past few years has been to try to cut into Ducati's sales, and since Ducati really isn't competing in the naked superbike category (the Monster 1200s isn't competitive in this category), MV has ignored efforts by BMW, Aprilia and KTM to take over this segment. That, and the fact that MV has put its resources into the 3-cylinder bikes have resulted in the B4 stagnating. It's unfortunate, but the 2015 B4 will be the 6th year that the B4 is in its current look, since the 2010 1090RR was released with a refreshed look.

Will MV redesign a lighter B4 with increased power and torque?
Will they get out of the naked superbike category?
Or will they dump the B4 and go with 3-cylinder bikes of varying displacement for the Brutale/Rivale/Turismo Veloce bikes?

My money is on them ending the life of the 1078cc engine, and developing a bigger 3-cylinder. Whether they can, and want to, do that while developing the next generation F4 is unknown. They are evidently putting resources into the new, and hopefully lighter, F4. Perhaps in a few years, that new F4 will spawn a new naked superbike. That's pretty much what BMW did.

Again, these are my opinions, and I am NOT saying the B4 is not a terrific bike.

How many B4's have they sold in the past two years?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've been looking into that for a while now. Except i've been looking for a rear shock because it's not performing constant. Sometimes it's fine and at other times it's all over the place. :) Rear shock is 90% certain to be replaced by a Bitubo XXF1, not only due to performance but also looks. :mouthwate

Front will probably be re worked. I like the Bitubo works but it's a lot of cash, i have to make some calls to see what's cheaper/better for road use. :jerkoff:
I've been asking around today and prices for a reworked front suspension are around 550,- to 800,- euro's thats tax and labour included. Offcourse fully adjustable. The DLC coating is a bit expensive and will cost around 300,-. Bit too much for eye candy.

The rear is a bit more difficult. I want some real eye candy on that part. :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My money is on them ending the life of the 1078cc engine, and developing a bigger 3-cylinder.
Agreed... larger capacity 3cyl Brutales should be their way forward, they then should be able to compete with the Superduke etc. etc. :f4:

·
Registered
742 Posts
But then they have to create yet another engine. From what i understand the current engine is maxxed out cilinder size wise.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well,
I crashed my 13 1090RR on the track :bawling:. Dynoed 180 hp at the crank.
Terrific bike!!

So I'm in for a new bike for next season.

Had a look on the RSV4, perfect to ride but I would install higher bars. The Tuono is too ugly for me... I'm somewhat concerned about the engine blow ups of the Aprilias :jsm:.

The S1000R also rides very well, very defined. But the noise is not for me - to high in tone. And yes - that thing is ugly as the Tuono.

Now MV comes in with a light weight B3 with 140 hp and all these gadgets I ever wanted: quickshifter up and down, wheelie + stoppie control, steering damper and traction control.

I think I will change 40 hp for 30 kg less and all these electronics :smoking:.

Of course I will miss that feeling when my 1090RR wanted to zoom me into the universum with full throttle........

Jochen

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Is it just me, or does the Dragster RR look nine times better than the Brutale RR?

I guess it's the wire spoke wheels and red fork tubes, but the Dragster RR is much more striking looking.

·
Registered
602 Posts
For me the Dragster RR is just overdone, too much. And I would never like to clean thease rims :wtf: .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts