1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
What a lovely little thing :)

With a 50's 1100cc twin cylinder diesel it might take a while to get anywhere .......

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Adrian hit the nail. It has Rob's name written all over it.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Rob,this would look great with your collection.
You know you want it:)
Adrian hit the nail. It has Rob's name written all over it.

This thing was brought to my attention 4-5 days ago by a very bad man (you know who you are) who costs me money most times that I talk to him !:laughing:

As fantastically cool as it is, it is not for me as it is left hand drive & that (along with the price) puts me off ;)

Adrian, I was a few kilometers from your house Saturday in Bentleigh I even 'test drove' the car in you neck of the woods but we drove down directly Friday night & needed to be in Albury satuday evening so sadly there was no time for a social interlude, which is why I didn't call. :(

I could see myself rolling to a motorcycle event with 3 MV's on the back of that gorgeous Autcarro - I best shut up before I get myself into substantial trouble :)

What a lovely little thing :)

With a 50's 1100cc twin cylinder diesel it might take a while to get anywhere .......
Indeed it may but no problem, people WILL wait, I'll guarantee that :smoking:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Adrian was right...You KNOW you want it!

Hey Matty are you & Adrian saying that I am way too transparent :laughing: Definitely a NO on this one (this time) - hehe.

Might have some more MV acquistion news shortly (shhh for now don't want to jinx it) ;)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
robbie
u were in melb and u didnt call or come past hmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
robbie
u were in melb and u didnt call or come past hmmmmmmmmmmm
Sorry Rob - it really was a smash & grab - come in saturday morning around 9.00am after driving straight through from midnight - only stops were fuel stops - picked up a Maserati Merak (for my brother) stuck it on a trailer & headed back to Albury to my friend's house for a family gig (worked out great) before heading back Sunday morning.

Promise next time I'll call everyone & we'll get another dinner happening :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
This thing was brought to my attention 4-5 days ago by a very bad man (you know who you are) who costs me money most times that I talk to him !:laughing:

As fantastically cool as it is, it is not for me as it is left hand drive & that (along with the price) puts me off ;)

Adrian, I was a few kilometers from your house Saturday in Bentleigh I even 'test drove' the car in you neck of the woods but we drove down directly Friday night & needed to be in Albury satuday evening so sadly there was no time for a social interlude, which is why I didn't call. :(

I could see myself rolling to a motorcycle event with 3 MV's on the back of that gorgeous Autcarro - I best shut up before I get myself into substantial trouble :)

That's what I was thinking, I could imagine you driving that with 3 MVs on the back with a massive smile on your face .:)
What a shame , Bentleigh is 5 min drive from my house. And i didn't work Saturday. Did your brother buy it?.
P.s did you get the Disco?.
I just got off the phone to Giovanni, his going to get back to me on price and availability on the Brembo's this afternoon ( his arvo)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
bloody helll
everyones buying something and im getting nada.... dam life expenses.

adrian what did u buy
disco?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Sorry Rob - it really was a smash & grab - come in saturday morning around 9.00am after driving straight through from midnight - only stops were fuel stops - picked up a Maserati Merak (for my brother) stuck it on a trailer & headed back to Albury to my friend's house for a family gig (worked out great) before heading back Sunday morning.

Promise next time I'll call everyone & we'll get another dinner happening :) :) :)

all good i understand

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
That's what I was thinking, I could imagine you driving that with 3 MVs on the back with a massive smile on your face .:)

What a shame , Bentleigh is 5 min drive from my house. And i didn't work Saturday. Did your brother buy it?.
P.s did you get the Disco?

LOL - Yes he did get it - he was too wound up after the long drive down, so I was the "test pilot" & came down to Brighton on my test drive, I almost called you but then thought I'll start chatting with Adrian and we are already on a tight schedule & my brother God love him stresses like you don't believe (the complete opposite of me) & I don't want to upset him.......

We did this & left town ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
That's a sweet carrier but only 22 bhps? Maybe it can be used as a track side carrier :).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Always liked the Merak. Nice car. Which reminds me, Robbie, I know this really cool Maserati for sale not far from... :thewife: ... oh shit, it's Lou! :ahhh::later:

:laughing:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Always liked the Merak. Nice car. Which reminds me, Robbie, I know this really cool Maserati for sale not far from... :thewife: ... oh shit, it's Lou! :ahhh::later:

:laughing:
Indeed 'oh shit' - as much as I love your tips & leads Johan - you need to stop being the devil (for a little while) :laughing:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Rob, the eggman also has another 2 Maseratis since you last saw him, both classics and one is a Merak. Keep an eye out for the next issue of Retro & Classic Bike Enthusiast (around September 6 in newsagents) for a story about Rob and his collection

1 - 20 of 24 Posts