1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 4, 2015
Filed under News, Top Stories

http://www.powersportsbusiness.com/category/top-stories/
As part of its strategy to enhance and selectively grow the dealer network in the USA, MV Agusta has been working together with existing and new dealer owners to expand its regional footprint and better serve consumers.
“We have a continual strategy to make changes in selected open areas where rider demand is high and the prospective MV rider community is underserved,” said Helen Vasilevski, CEO, MV Agusta USA LLC. “While we are not looking for extensive expansion, to best serve our enthusiastic riders we need to close the significant distances between service points across the USA.”
Other changes within the network strategy include proactive effort over the past two years to have a high and consistent degree of parts availability and technical service as well as upcoming changes to MV’s corporate identity that will create an overall vision for the brand, which will eventually be deployed at events and at the dealership level.
MV Agusta USA LLC is pleased to welcome the following locations to a strong core of existing dealers:
9 New Dealerships/Geographic areas being served
· Utah (greater Salt Lake): Harrison Eurosports, 361 W 9000 S, Sandy, UT 84070
· Texas (greater Houston): Houston Superbike, 7090 Southwest Fwy., Houston, TX 77074
· New York (greater Buffalo): Kustom Workz, 5035 Transit Rd., Depew, NY 14043
· Michigan (greater Detroit): MV Agusta Detroit, 33816 Woodward Ave. Birmingham, MI 48009
· Louisiana (greater Baton Rouge): G.N. Gonzales, 666 Chippewa St., Baton Rouge, LA 70805
· Florida (central FL): Melillimoto, 6810 SE 58th Ave., Ocala, FL 34480
· Florida: (FL AL MS Gulf Coast): D&D Cycles, 2400 Fernwood Ave., Pensacola, FL 32505
· California (Inland Empire, southern CA): Douglas Motorcycles, 390 N H St., San Bernardino, CA 92410
· California (southern CA): Newport Italian, 1536 Newport Blvd., Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Dealership under new management
· New York (greater NYC): Gold Coast Motorsports, 2070 Jericho Turnpike, New Hyde Park, NY 11040

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Well...as good as that may sound....4 new dealership are in states that already had a couple (FL) or a lot (CA)....so...not really closing any significant distances between service points across the USA...

·
Administrator
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Commonwealth in Louisville Kentucky is a MV dealer......

The important part of this news is that they are paying attention and taking steps to improve in the U.S. Market......

AND the bit about brand identity ........

·
Registered
246 Posts
Calculated growth is a good thing. From the sound bite it looks like MV is focused on better customer support as well as sales. That's always goodness.

Ordered a batch of filters from Commonwealth and was very pleased with their service on the parts side.

Thanks for the report Ed.

·
Administrator
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I put this in the wrong place last week?
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139521

In terms of an economic foothold they are still a boutique company. With all the disappointment with the company's dis-connection from their customers after sale, it seems to me, this a smart and genuine move. Hopefully it means they are listening to the MV buyers in the US.
:yo:
I missed your post in the Media section.... It was a press release on an industry newsletter where i saw it the other day.

Anyway....I think it portends good things. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good things! I think so as well. :)

On another note - from the way they are folding, it seems like Triumph must be putting some pretty heavy demands on their dealerships. I'd love some more helmets,jackets, t-shirts etc, but I hope MV doesn't use the lifestyle/brand example set by Triumph and Ducati.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The more the better no matter where they are. Living in Kentucky is not MV`s fault :stickpoke
I wasn't complaining about Kentucky as we do have a dealership here (as pointed out).

My point is simply that adding more dealers to an already pretty occupied area does not close any distance in the grand scheme of things. California is certainly one of the bigger markets for MV and it is nice for people not having to drive for 2 hours to their dealer but rather can do it in 1 hour now, however, the guy in some other state can't still find a dealer within 8 hours.

If you want to increase your sales in the US, you need to grow the dealer network where it is lacking right now...not adding to your already dense markets...

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
In my specific case is the dealer network getting more inconvenient.
Riders Hill in GA was 2.45 hours away and You were welcomed on the trip with great mountain roads.
Ian is a good mechanic and friend.
The news that Riders Hill is no MV Agusta dealer anymore is a shock but I heard the rumors already month before.
So now I have basically to options left.
Blue Moon Cycle in Norcross, GA a BMW, Ural and MV dealer 2.45h over boring Interstates with the potential of traffic jams north of Atlanta.
Motorcycles of Charlotte, Charlotte, NC a BMW, Ducati, Triumph, Ural, Zero and MV dealer. 2.30h on Interstates with the potential of traffic jams.
I think I was in 2001 at Blue Cross Cycle and they had MV at that time I kind of remember, but were not dealers for Years.
I believe I bought the Ducati Mh900e there.
Can somebody confirm or have any experience with them?
Especially their knowledge about pre 2009 Mv Agusta's.
Charlotte is not that long MV dealer and my concern is again that they know little about older MV Agusta models.
Plus looking at their other brands I have the feeling MV Agusta plays only a secondary role.
Any experience there?
Another issue with the rotation of dealerships is that knowledge on the technical side for pre 2010 bikes gets more and more lost.
I think more dealers Yes, but loosing dealers is always a big loss of knowledge and experience.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Riders Hill in GA was 2.45 hours away and You were welcomed on the trip with great mountain roads.
The news that Riders Hill is no MV Agusta dealer anymore is a shock but I heard the rumors already month before.
That's a shame. I was concerned about their decisions to pick up Suzuki and EBR. I recall (probably around 2008) a dealer in North Atlanta (not ATD) that picked up Suzuki, expanded by building a new building at a new location, and then subsequently went out of business. Growth is a two edge sword, particularly in a business that relies on floor planning inventory.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Are you sure about this? I've bought a couple bikes from Ridershill and have been talking to Ian about a Rivale. This has all been in the last week or two, he made no message they were dropping MV.

If it is indeed the case I'd probably opt for another bike as I'm not a huge fan of blue moon.

Chris

So now I have basically to options left.
Blue Moon Cycle in Norcross, GA a BMW, Ural and MV dealer 2.45h over boring Interstates with the potential of traffic jams north of Atlanta.
Motorcycles of Charlotte, Charlotte, NC a BMW, Ducati, Triumph, Ural, Zero and MV dealer. 2.30h on Interstates with the potential of traffic jams.
I think I was in 2001 at Blue Cross Cycle and they had MV at that time I kind of remember, but were not dealers for Years.
I believe I bought the Ducati Mh900e there.
Can somebody confirm or have any experience with them?
Especially their knowledge about pre 2009 Mv Agusta's.
Charlotte is not that long MV dealer and my concern is again that they know little about older MV Agusta models.
Plus looking at their other brands I have the feeling MV Agusta plays only a secondary role.
Any experience there?
Another issue with the rotation of dealerships is that knowledge on the technical side for pre 2010 bikes gets more and more lost.
I think more dealers Yes, but loosing dealers is always a big loss of knowledge and experience.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I do note that ridershill is no longer listed as a dealer on MV site, that's a shame. Ian is so passionate about apes and mvs!

That's a shame. I was concerned about their decisions to pick up Suzuki and EBR. I recall (probably around 2008) a dealer in North Atlanta (not ATD) that picked up Suzuki, expanded by building a new building at a new location, and then subsequently went out of business. Growth is a two edge sword, particularly in a business that relies on floor planning inventory.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
If it is indeed the case I'd probably opt for another bike as I'm not a huge fan of blue moon.

Chris
Sit tight Chris......I've got inside information that the MV franchise is moving from Blue Moon elsewhere in a really short time frame.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Ralf......Michael Long, the best MV tech I've ever met, works in Charlotte at the Ducati store. We've kept in contact, so let me know if you need his help. This guy's a MV artisan.

·
Administrator
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ralf......Michael Long, the best MV tech I've ever met, works in Charlotte at the Ducati store. We've kept in contact, so let me know if you need his help. This guy's a MV artisan.
Michael was on the Ferraci MV Team racing AMA SuperBike...he certainly knows the older MVs. Now the service manager in Charlotte. I have a lot of respect for his skills and desires to offer good customer service.

Ian has insinuated to me that he will continue to service MVs even if Riders Hill is no longer a dealer. Yeah...they have taken a big hit with EBR.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
thanks Randy,
I'll be interested to see what shakes out. DIsappointed about Riders hill tho.

Sit tight Chris......I've got inside information that the MV franchise is moving from Blue Moon elsewhere in a really short time frame.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Well I fear we have to deal with it and it is good to know that there is actually somebody committed to the elder MV Agusta's in Charlotte.
Yeah Ian will likely try to take care about our MV's but time is always a big factor for him.
Plus we don't know what the owners of Riders Hill will dictate.
And again if there will be a new franchise in the north of Atlanta than we will deal here with new technicians.
Sure there is training for mechanics at MV Agusta in Varese.
But firstly the training is frankly said scratching the surface only and is surely not cheap.
Secondly trainings paid by a new dealer will be preliminary cover only the second generation or actual models.
In depth knowledge comes only by experience and research in the web or having friends to contact.
You can ask Ian about it.
Well we will see in the future but I honestly think it gets worst here for us in the Smokies.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I was told today Riders HIll is still be and plans to remain an MV dealer.

Chris

1 - 20 of 38 Posts