MV Agusta Forum banner

Mv Agusta 675 Rear Sprocket Movement

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  silentservice703 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all, I hope you guys you can help!
I have not replaced my cush drives rubbers yet, as still struggling to find some one to do it. I have looked into if there was any play in the sprocket and I have attached a video to this post and I hope it will help with any advice able to be given.

I understand that the cush drive rubbers are shot and will cause play in the sprocket when it's turned, but i don't understand why it has side to side play!

I have the two following questions:

1. Does anybody know why the sprocket is moving side to side or could this just be due the rubbers.
2. Also do you know if i can remove the nut on the sprocket side while holding the bike up with a paddock stand on the brake disc side of the wheel. I.e. will it support the bike as the main hub will be fixed still.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advanced!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
Use a tie down through your wheel to your foot peg instead of the brake. It makes it easier for one person.

Check out the “Grinding” thread or many others. There are hundreds of posts about cush drives and sprocket housing wobble.

#5 ·
Some have reported that the axle nut loosens with time and could result in the side to side slop from excessive wear. In addition, there is a service requirement of re-torquing the axle nut based on factory service intervals along with cush rubber dampener replacement. There are several recent threads on the subject that I'm sure you must have read dealing with a similar issue.

#7 ·
Easy self-fix but I do have an Abba stand (no song quotes please) to lift the rear. mine was wobbly AND the axle nut was as loose as a hooker on a specials night (not that I would know); I reckon 20Nm! The lateral movement stopped as did the linear movement but I reckon they will be a service interval change FFS! Not high kms so quite a surprise to change them at about 4,000 kms where as my CB1300 was 60,000 kms.

#6 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for all your help with this. I have just had the washers replaced and it sorted the problem, I can't believe how much movement there was.
I have got it ready just in time for track at Losail after also needing a new clutch cable due to stiffness (I think the heat and dust dries it out).

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

#9 ·
The top hat washer behind the sprocket carrier?

I swapped for the puck damper (gen 1 design) on my B4 - I didn't want this engineering design flaw to keep rearing its ugly head when there was a better design out there. The new bikes have returned to the puck design.

#10 ·
?

draz and Manic;
My 1st Gen Brutale 910R is over 62,000km, cush drive has no play......find a 1st Gen cush drive or aftermarket one
It looks like large axle Ducati cush drives will work too, most are 6 bolt, there are 5 bolt ones too
As of 2019 the Factory has gone back to the 1st Gen cush drive......you should too

#11 ·
Hi everyone, may I know where can I get aftermarket puck type sprocket set? I've seen most of the CNC product advertised only have the flange but without the nuts and the inner plate. I'm using 2016 f3 800 and it has the cush type. Would like to upgrade to the new one.

#15 ·
For what model? In what way?

#17 ·
Yes, they should be the same. Checking part numbers will verify.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.