MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my catalog for the Shannons Sydney March Action last night and before I could say "Look another MV at the Shannons Auction" my wife said NO!!!!!! :thewife: I guess it's a bit too soon to buy another. :bawling:

Here's the link
http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot/Y017F4ASB75O932P/#.VOUfy_mUdXM

Looks nice, and the price range seems to be reasonable, but then again it's a price range. NO RESERVE, but hasn't been started in 10 years.... Why...:wtf:

Cheers Justin

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Nice bike, looks similar to the one Julian had

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Nice bike, looks similar to the one Julian had
Yes, same bike as Julian had, except Julian's was an original and an outstanding example.

This one raises a few flags namely it says it was bought in restored condition some 10 years added to a large collection & never started or run. Interestingly the speedo shows 1985miles, so why would it need restoration with such little usage?

Might be all ok but I'd have a very close look at it if I was going to seriously bid. Don't know if it is the photo but the tank colour also looks 'off' from the brown that it should be.........

Could be a good buy at the bottom end of the price range but a bit of gamble? It would be a whole bunch better if was started up, seems strange no one would/could do that.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
oh man i love the knowledge you guys have on all things mv... such attention to detail
one day man one day im going to have a classic mv too.... im not sure when but one day
hmmmm id love a disco.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yes, same bike as Julian had, except Julian's was an original and an outstanding example.

This one raises a few flags namely it says it was bought in restored condition some 10 years added to a large collection & never started or run. Interestingly the speedo shows 1985miles, so why would it need restoration with such little usage?

Might be all ok but I'd have a very close look at it if I was going to seriously bid. Don't know if it is the photo but the tank colour also looks 'off' from the brown that it should be.........

Could be a good buy at the bottom end of the price range but a bit of gamble? It would be a whole bunch better if was started up, seems strange no one would/could do that.
Yes exactly' ,restored but so low kms but hasn't started. If you got it for under $5,000 would be ok. Always a risk with these old classics as I know to well.
You thinking about having a look at it Rob,it's in Sydney?

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Yes exactly' ,restored but so low kms but hasn't started. If you got it for under $5,000 would be ok. Always a risk with these old classics as I know to well.

You thinking about having a look at it Rob,it's in Sydney?
No, not going to look as I am not interested at present and don't really like being a tyre kicker - usually if I show up it means I am buying it.

I have a round case representation for my collection - the one Russ rode pictured the "Fun Day" thread, I didn't tell him it was the only known example in existence produced in that configuration as I didn't think he needed any extra pressure :laughing: .

I think this bike will go for closer to it's higher range price ($9k) then you have to add the Shannons' fees on top - they tend to go a bit silly at those auctions, I've been to a couple and never had any success namely because I wasn't prepared to pay over the odds. In my pervious life as a Money Market dealer and Technical Analyst you tend to learn bidding discipline second to none or same day unemployment beckons :jsm:

Patience is the key to searching (as you well know Adrian) and also to find decent acquisitions.

Having said that - I am not saying this one is not decent, what I am saying is that it does need very careful investigation though.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
You have to be disciplined like you said, know your limit and allow for all the fees etc. I personally don't like car/ bike auctions as you can't test ride them and lucky if you can start them. Always perfer buying private or from a dealer, much more relaxed and can negotiate the price
But you never know sometimes you can get a bargain .

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
hahah see told u .... u da man

thanks for that ur killing me.. but im sooooo a long way from buying another bike. oh man first i got to get the mh900e then an abarth 595 then a classic so basically at least 10years yikes.
Understand Rob,one thing at a time.
I'll be rapt if you get the Mhe .
The architect we use has two little Abarths,one for his wife and himself cool little car . His sounds like a mini Ferrari,has the performance exhaust system .
Have you seen the 695 biposto version ?
http://www.fiat.com.au/abarth
I'm looking at getting a new car,but has two be a family car meaning I'll have to get rid of the ute. No idea yet on what to get :jsm:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
the sound on those things with monza exhaust are incredible
yep ive seen the new 695 biposto love it but not the price. I think for what it is its too expensive. I would be happy with the 595 competitionze in Campovolo/Cenere grey with tan interior. stunnnnnnning i think

oohhhhh urve opened up pandora for a family car... so many options
will u be driving the merc permantly and new car for the mrs, or is a chev camaro ZL1 an option for you :smoking::smoking::smoking:?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
the sound on those things with monza exhaust are incredible
yep ive seen the new 695 biposto love it but not the price. I think for what it is its too expensive. I would be happy with the 595 competitionze in Campovolo/Cenere grey with tan interior. stunnnnnnning i think

oohhhhh urve opened up pandora for a family car... so many options
will u be driving the merc permantly and new car for the mrs, or is a chev camaro ZL1 an option for you :smoking::smoking::smoking:?
Yeah, that's the exhaust he has on his couldn't remember what it was called.
I've got know idea what there worth?. I remember the Ferrari version was 70+ , which is ridiculous for such a small car.
Yeah not sure yet what we are going to do, but need a 4 door not another two door so Camaro is out.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
bugger i thought the camaro would be cool for u.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
um yep the new mustang is dogs danglys . stunnning

1 - 16 of 16 Posts