MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,098 Posts
Hard to tell from that video. I couldn't get the sound to work.
Also, does the diagnostic sweep occur when the key is turned to on?
Does the bike turn over?
It looked to me like it does nothing.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I didnt see the video, but if you turn the key and nothing happens (no lights, no nothing), check the battery cable..

I had the mounting tab on my positive cable lead snap on me a bit ago.. bike died while riding and I flipped. It took me a minute to figure it out- After checking fuses and so forth.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just watched the video.. I'd check the fuel pump ( look into tank and see if fuel is swirling when you turn the key) and fuses

·
Old Wing Nut
22,159 Posts
Ah...the infamous fuel hose came off the pump??? Just my guess.
If starter spins the engine, and all the other electrics seem to be OK, then this is the most common failure. Easy fix, but must pull fuel pump.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hey guys. I was doing a few high speed pulls in Mexico when the bike decided to shutdown. no oil or smoke came out the bike.

·
Super Moderator
24,098 Posts
As others have said, check the fuel hose from the pump to the filter.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I can clearly hear the fuel pump prime in the video. But I did not see the tach do it's diagnostics spin when the key was opened.

Use a flashlight to look inside the tank with the cap open while someone turns the key on. When the pump primes, if you see fuel being shot out of the top of the pump, then it's a hose that popped off. But I'm more concerned why your tach didn't do the diagnostics spin when the key was opened.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
I can clearly hear the fuel pump prime in the video. But I did not see the tach do it's diagnostics spin when the key was opened.

Use a flashlight to look inside the tank with the cap open while someone turns the key on. When the pump primes, if you see fuel being shot out of the top of the pump, then it's a hose that popped off. But I'm more concerned why your tach didn't do the diagnostics spin when the key was opened.
I heard the pump prime too Joe.

·
Super Moderator
24,098 Posts
With my fuel pump outlet hose off the pump went through a normal prime cycle. That is not a good indicator of an issue.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Hose being off is not what we were trying to diagnose by the pump priming or not. Fuel pump failure or electrical failure to the pump like a fuse is what we were trying to eliminate by listening for the prime cycle.

·
Super Moderator
24,098 Posts
Ok. I am at a disadvantage because I cannot hear the video. I could not tell when the key was turned.

I did notice no diagnostic sweep...if the key was turned. That is where I would start.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts