MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thanks for reading. My dad is rebuilding his 175 but is struggling for technical data. Is there anyone who has a PDF of a workshop manual please

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Welcome to the family.!!!
Has he spoken with the UK Owner's club?
MV Owners Club of Great Britain

The Swiss MV cub has a lot of manuals, but I have found that actual service manuals for the older bikes are rare. The user manuals generally have the technical specifications and then the parts lists provide assembly detail. Torque specifications are not given... "if you are working on it you should know how "tight" something should be"....

Show us some photos of this classic MV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, yeah he's a member of the club but seems to be struggling to get much help from them.
With bolt diameter and thread pitch I can calculate torque settings.
He's after dwell angle and ignition timing at the moment

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, this is the over head cam one. Do they have the over head valve model.
Really appreciate the help

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Closest thing I have found is 150cc overhead valve pushrod engine manuals. I've seen no 175 OHV manuals. Basically the same design though.
Here is a snip of a period 150 engine specs. Would be a good starting place.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
You are looking for information on the 175 AB model. Here's some info from Wikipedia. There is a spec sheet, but no ignition timing.
AB models[edit]
Introduced in 1957, it was hoped that these simpler, cheaper models would appeal to a larger audience.[5] Various trim levels were offered: Economica, Turismo, America and America Lusso.[13] All used a pushrod version of the engine, which produced 8 bhp (6kW) @ 5,200 rpm, giving a top speed of 60 mph (100kmh).[5]

235 Tevere[edit]
An enlarged version of the 175 AB was introduced in 1959.[14] The pushrod engine's bore was increased to 69 mm to give a capacity of 232 cc.[15] Except for the colour of the petrol tank, visual differences between the 175 and 235 models were minimal.[16] Sales were slow as most buyers wanting a larger machine than 175 preferred the "full" 250 cc of the 250 Raid. Production stopped in 1961.[14]

There is a MV club in Germany as well as the Swiss club. If your countrymen have been less than helpful I would reach out to those folk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, thanks for reading. My dad is rebuilding his 175 but is struggling for technical data. Is there anyone who has a PDF of a workshop manual please
Hi Paul,

Hope these 175AB (push rod) Owners Handbook and Parts List pdf's will help. Best wishes!
BTW, there are no workshop manuals for these older small MVs. The (mostly) exploded diagrams in the parts books are about the best info you're going to get. Take lots of pictures and clearly document anything you disassemble to ensure you can reassemble it correctly later.

Cheers,
Barry

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts