1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello~ Every Body
How Are You?

Well I Need You Guys Opinion.
As You Know Some Of You Guys Meet Me At Some Event And At The Track. I Have 2001 Mv Agusta F4 750.

After I Test Ride Mv 1000s At Pro Italia
Man I Really Want To Trade My Bike With 1000cc. Love It

Well My Next Plan Is To Get 1000cc (keep My 750)

Well As You Know New Ducati 1098 Is Going Be Out Soon

So I Can't Really Decide Wich One I Should Get New 07 Mv Agusta 1000r Or New Ducati 1098 "s"

So What Do You Thing Guys

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The 1098 should be a good one but Ducati's never been known for their quality control. This is a first year bike with loads of changes, a bit scary in itself from any manufacturer, much less Ducati. You've got to wonder how many corners they've had to cut to offer all those upgrades at such a low price...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Tomorrow I'm trading in my F4 1000R and ordering the 1098 S. So I would say: get the Ducati.

Warranty issues I had:

-new rear wheel.
-New front fork. The black coating vanished from the lower fork tubes.
-new cam chain tensioner. (original broke down)
-new chain guard. (original flew off)
-lower radiator fan melted away.

+If you ride it HARD: high fuel consumption.

GreetZ

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Well, it's not like you can just walk into Pro Italia today and ride out on a 1098. So, I say wait. You don't have enough information to really make a good decision on what works for you. You're going to base a $18K+ purchase on some magazines? Did I mention you can't ride out on a 1098 today away? ;)

For now, just put a deposit on a 1098. Pro Italia gives demo rides anyway. When a demo model comes in demo 1098 and then demo an MV. If you choose the MV, then call me...I mean get your deposit back on the 1098 and get the MV. Pro Itali will have no problem selling the 1098.

(As a little tidbit of info - if Pro Italia doesn't have a demo 1098, and they know you're serious -the deposit, they may let you take the 1098 you're about to buy for a ride around the block...or two. I demo'ed the MV I was going to buy and not the actual demo model. They don't do that for everyone. Only the serious buyers).

·
Registered
225 Posts
Peet said:
Tomorrow I'm trading in my F4 1000R and ordering the 1098 S. So I would say: get the Ducati.

Warranty issues I had:

-new rear wheel.

GreetZ
Hey Peet, maybe you should have bought an 1000S I've had no problems except an electric problem due to the installation of an aftermarket alarm. I also ride my bike hard and love my 1000S.

I would wait a couple of years before buying the Ducati. I used to have a 996S and it was a superb bike, however the earlier 916's had some serious issues. :shitfan:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Can't Wait To Go To Long Beach Motorcycle Show To See The Bike

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Peet said:

Warranty issues I had:

-new rear wheel.

GreetZ
If they replaced all those items under warranty then you don't have that much to complain, IMO.
Anyway, i guess you change bikes every year, so this was already bound to be, right?

As for the main question, i really can't give you an answer because if i were in a position where i would have to pick up one and just one of them, i would really had a hard time choosing :ahhh: :ahhh:

But in your case punisher and since you already have an MV and plan on keeping it maybe the 1098 would give you a differente flavour and you would end up with the "best of both worlds" anyway :)

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
Peet said:

Warranty issues I had:

-new rear wheel.

GreetZ
Attention Peet!!!
I know very guys that ride hard on circuit also on Ducati,and I know that they take down the engine also every time they ride!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Peet said:
Warranty issues I had:
-new rear wheel.
GreetZ
Hi Peet. Sorry to see you go. I'm happy this isn't the worldwide norm. Just for my curiosity, do you have pics of what happened to the marzhochhi fork sliders? Both sides!? Was the cam chain tensioner a problematic spring or a malfunction with the 'plunger', either teeth or tension surface?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
altoon said:
Steve -

Which one are you planning on using at the track?

Alex
HELLO~ ALEX
HOW ARE YOU?
WELL I DON'T KNOW YET
BUT SINCE I TRY MY F4 750 AT TRACK AND I HAVEN'T WITH OTHER BIKE
SO I REALLY CAN'T SAY MUCH.
I KNOW 750 IS GOOD ON CORNERS BUT TOP END 1000 OR BETTER SO.... HUM.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ALEX WHICH BIKE I SHOULD USE FOR TRACK ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
A similar question/poll was taken on a Ducati forum and I will post the same response I posted there.

"Since they are both beautiful bikes, the answer to this question is simple IMHO. The engine character of these two bikes are very different. If you prefer a V-Twin it would have to be the 1098S. If you prefer inline 4's it would be the MV Agusta F41000R.

If I had to choose only one, it would be the more exclusive MV Agusta F41000R. :D"

Steve, if you have never ridden a V-Twin, I suggest you do before you make your final decision. I would take Allans advice and put a deposit on a 1098, and make your final decision when you you can test ride both (preferably back to back).

With that said, to have one of each would be the best of both worlds. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Peet said:

Warranty issues I had:

-new rear wheel.

GreetZ
:shocker:

I am sorry to hear that Peet.

I hope you are not making that decision based on the fact that you think Ducati will be more reliable or have better quality. You may get dissapointed, especially with first year production.

On the other hand, if you truly want a V-Twin, then you have made a great choice. There isn't a better V-Twin on this earth than the new 1098. :yo:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts