MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay turning to the forum experts to see if I can get lucky and get my bike back up and running.

Took my bike in and my dealer for normal checks and new tires - apparently they found one of the Swing Arm bolts was overtorqued and required to be drilled out to remove it. Sucks However, they said it'd take an hour and non issue so I told them to go ahead and do it. They drill the stupid bolt out before they realized they didn't have the stupid part and needed to order it. Now my bike is out of commission waiting on a stupid bolt that could have waited until they got it in if they had planned this a bit better!!! ARGH! :wtf::jsm::bawling:

Does anyone have a Swing arm end bolt. Part#800078221 in the US that can ship to me??? They have no idea when they're going to get this in. No issue paying.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i'm appalled that they'd do that and not consider taking a bolt from a crated or showroom bike in order to get you on the road while they waited for the part to arrive. Does that seem too above and beyond?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the replies!!

Sent a note to CAG already (did it right after posting!!).

Totally stupid question but are those ebay bolts the same thing - i honestly haven't seen the bolts myself since I found out all of this while traveling on business and was hoping to pick my bike up for this weekend!! Appreciate the recommendation - give CAG a few horus to reply and may jump for those. May do both actually and sell the stupid things to my dealer!!

....and Al, no I don't think that is asking too much. I may try pushing that suggestion!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
If the swingarm bolts were over torqued and required drilling out you best order some hub bearings now also.

You say " My dealer " did the bike come from them ,have they worked on it before ,how did the bolt become overtorqued?

I find it hard to believe they could not remove the bolt unless they buggered the head with a wrong size or an improperly fitted bit.
I presume they managed to break the hub nut loose at + 200nm but then had trouble with one that should be 30nm.

I sympathize with your situation but would be asking questions.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
over torqued?

If the swingarm bolts were over torqued and required drilling out you best order some hub bearings now also.

I sympathize with your situation but would be asking questions.
+10

MVAbrute910;
some moron at the "dealership" didn't see the label above the bolts????
specing the torque:wtf:

its only supposed to be 28-32 Nm

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep - will be having some discussions. To those that know about the hub bearings....
What impact will this bolt have on the bearings? That was actually what I had asked them to inspect/check out after reading the issues with them on the forum and figured if they were changing the tires and doing some maintenance that made sense to just check them out. Guess I'm glad I did...

Its actually still under warranty but yes - purchased new from this dealer and no idea how this bolt was over torqued unless it was done so by the factory or this dealer (or they rounded off the bolt when trying to pull it and needed new one).

+10

MVAbrute910;
some moron at the "dealership" didn't see the label above the bolts????
specing the torque:wtf:

its only supposed to be 28-32 Nm

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
bolt?

MVAbrute910;
the part number is 800078221.....

which bolt was over torqued? left or right? if its the left the bearing MAYBE OK, if its the right the bearing is toast, or dying

if they had put 8 mm bolts in there......a whole lot less would have failed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts